Postal addressDepartment of Public Health and General Practice Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7401 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Irene Hetlevik is professor in General Practice at NTNU. She has established a General Practice Research Unit at the department since 2006
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Can general practitioners do the follow-ups after surgery with ventilation tubes in the tympanic membrane? Two years audiological data. BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. volum 14 (1).
- (2014) Co-and multimorbidity patterns in an unselected Norwegian population: Cross-sectional analysis based on the HUNT studyand theoretical reflections concerning basic medical models. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare.
- (2013) Implementing guidelines for follow-up after surgery with ventilation tube in the tympanic membrane in Norway: a retrospective study. BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. volum 13 (2).
- (2013) Knowing patients as persons: Senior and Junior GPs explore a professional resource. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. volum 1.
- (2013) Standardization meets stories: contrasting perspectives on the needs of frail individuals at a rehabilitation unit. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. volum 8.
- (2013) What Do GPs Actually Know About Their Patients As Persons?. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. volum 1.
- (2013) Cardiovascular risk estimation in general Norwegian population: modelling analysis based on the HUNT 3 study. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Implementation of the European guidelines for management of arterial hypertension might destabilize the Norwegian healthcare system - Modelling study based on the HUNT 2 population. Preventing Overdiagnosis. Winding back the harms of too much medicine. Dartmouth College September 10-12, 2013, Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Difficult childhood as a predictor of multimorbidity- mediated by allostatic load?. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) More focus on personhood - and what that implies. Perspective from the Nordic Risk Group (NRG). Abstract. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice. Abstracthefte.
- (2012) Hva vet fastlegen om sine pasienter som personer? Forskningsdagen.PMU. Abstrakt heftet.
- (2011) Rethinking scientific responsibility. Journal of Medical Ethics. volum 37 (5).
- (2011) Kunnskap om pasienten som person - medisinsk relevant i en rehabiliteringsprosess?. Nidaroskongressen : Abstracts.
- (2011) Similar yet different. How experience influences GPs' view on knowledge. 17th Nordic Congress of General Practice: Abstracts.
- (2011) Stipendordningen for allmennpraktikere 1993-2009. Utposten.
- (2011) Secular trends in cardiovascular disease and associated risk factors from 1995 to 2008 – comparison of two major Norwegian population studies (HUNT 2 and HUNT 3). Wonca Europe : Abstracts.
- (2011) Co‐and multimorbidity clustering ‐ clinical manifestations of high allostatic load? Body configuration as a predictor of mortality: Comparison of five different anthropometric measures in a 12 year follow-up of the Norwegian HUNT 2 study. 17th Nordic Congress of General Practice: Abstracts.
- (2010) Sustainable and responsible preventive practice: Less, more, why, and how. Workshop. Wonca Europe : Abstracts.
- (2010) Det situerte allmennlegeblikket - en gyldig medisinsk kunnskapskilde?. Abstrakthefte Primærmedisinsk uke 2010.
- (2010) Blodtrykksapparater på legekontorer. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 130 (12).