Background and activities
Irene Hetlevik is professor in General Practice at NTNU. She has established a General Practice Research Unit at the department since 2006
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) General practitioners’ experiences with multiple clinical guidelines: A qualitative study from Norway. Quality in Primary Care. vol. 23 (2).
- (2015) Medicine`s perception of reality - a split picture: critical reflections on apparent anomalies within the biomedical theory of science. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice.
- (2015) Might a systematic reading of the thickest GP patient medical records improve our understanding of functional disorders?. La Prensa Medica Argentina. vol. 101 (5).
- (2015) Self Reported Childhood Difficulties, Adult Multimorbidity and Allostatic Load. A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Norwegian HUNT Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2014) Can general practitioners do the follow-ups after surgery with ventilation tubes in the tympanic membrane? Two years audiological data. BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. vol. 14 (2).
- (2014) Can person-free medical knowledge inform person-centered medical practice?. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 2 (1).
- (2014) Predictive risk algorithms as a driver of overdiagnosis - current status and what next?. Preventing Overdiagnosis - Conference abstracts.
- (2014) Co-and multimorbidity patterns in an unselected Norwegian population: Cross-sectional analysis based on the HUNT studyand theoretical reflections concerning basic medical models. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 2 (3).
- (2014) Total health - the holistic overdiagnosis of Systems (P4) medicine. Abstraktbok Preventing Overdiagnosis Conference 2014.
- (2013) Implementing guidelines for follow-up after surgery with ventilation tube in the tympanic membrane in Norway: a retrospective study. BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. vol. 13 (2).
- (2013) Knowing patients as persons: Senior and Junior GPs explore a professional resource. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 1.
- (2013) Standardization meets stories: contrasting perspectives on the needs of frail individuals at a rehabilitation unit. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 8.
- (2013) What Do GPs Actually Know About Their Patients As Persons?. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 1.
- (2013) Cardiovascular risk estimation in general Norwegian population: modelling analysis based on the HUNT 3 study. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Implementation of the European guidelines for management of arterial hypertension might destabilize the Norwegian healthcare system - Modelling study based on the HUNT 2 population. Preventing Overdiagnosis. Winding back the harms of too much medicine. Dartmouth College September 10-12, 2013, Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Difficult childhood as a predictor of multimorbidity- mediated by allostatic load?. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) More focus on personhood - and what that implies. Perspective from the Nordic Risk Group (NRG). Abstract. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice. Abstracthefte.
- (2012) Hva vet fastlegen om sine pasienter som personer? Forskningsdagen.PMU. Abstrakt heftet.
- (2011) Rethinking scientific responsibility. Journal of Medical Ethics. vol. 37 (5).
- (2011) Kunnskap om pasienten som person - medisinsk relevant i en rehabiliteringsprosess?. Nidaroskongressen : Abstracts.