Postal addressDepartment of Public Health and General Practice Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7401 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Irene Hetlevik is professor in General Practice at NTNU. She has established a General Practice Research Unit at the department since 2006
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Co-and multimorbidity patterns in an unselected Norwegian population: Cross-sectional analysis based on the HUNT studyand theoretical reflections concerning basic medical models. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare.
- (2013) Implementing guidelines for follow-up after surgery with ventilation tube in the tympanic membrane in Norway: a retrospective study. BMC Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders. volum 13 (2).
- (2013) Knowing patients as persons: Senior and Junior GPs explore a professional resource. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. volum 1.
- (2013) Standardization meets stories: contrasting perspectives on the needs of frail individuals at a rehabilitation unit. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. volum 8.
- (2013) What Do GPs Actually Know About Their Patients As Persons?. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. volum 1.
- (2013) Cardiovascular risk estimation in general Norwegian population: modelling analysis based on the HUNT 3 study. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Implementation of the European guidelines for management of arterial hypertension might destabilize the Norwegian healthcare system - Modelling study based on the HUNT 2 population. Preventing Overdiagnosis. Winding back the harms of too much medicine. Dartmouth College September 10-12, 2013, Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Difficult childhood as a predictor of multimorbidity- mediated by allostatic load?. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) More focus on personhood - and what that implies. Perspective from the Nordic Risk Group (NRG). Abstract. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice. Abstracthefte.
- (2012) Hva vet fastlegen om sine pasienter som personer? Forskningsdagen.PMU. Abstrakt heftet.
- (2011) Rethinking scientific responsibility. Journal of Medical Ethics. volum 37 (5).
- (2011) Kunnskap om pasienten som person - medisinsk relevant i en rehabiliteringsprosess?. Nidaroskongressen : Abstracts.
- (2011) Similar yet different. How experience influences GPs' view on knowledge. 17th Nordic Congress of General Practice: Abstracts.
- (2011) Stipendordningen for allmennpraktikere 1993-2009. Utposten.
- (2011) Secular trends in cardiovascular disease and associated risk factors from 1995 to 2008 – comparison of two major Norwegian population studies (HUNT 2 and HUNT 3). Wonca Europe : Abstracts.
- (2011) Co‐and multimorbidity clustering ‐ clinical manifestations of high allostatic load? Body configuration as a predictor of mortality: Comparison of five different anthropometric measures in a 12 year follow-up of the Norwegian HUNT 2 study. 17th Nordic Congress of General Practice: Abstracts.
- (2010) Sustainable and responsible preventive practice: Less, more, why, and how. Workshop. Wonca Europe : Abstracts.
- (2010) Det situerte allmennlegeblikket - en gyldig medisinsk kunnskapskilde?. Abstrakthefte Primærmedisinsk uke 2010.
- (2010) Blodtrykksapparater på legekontorer. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 130 (12).
- (2009) Can individuals with a significant risk for cardiovascular disease be adequately identified by combination of several risk factors? Modelling study based on the Norwegian HUNT 2 population. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. volum 15 (1).