Background and activities
I am involved in teaching the following courses:
I also supervise project and master thesis topics within computer architecture and design. Current project and master thesis topics are available at IDIs web pages. I often co-supervise projects and masters with local and national industry like ARM, Nordic Semiconductor and Silicon Labs (formerly Energy Micro).
The topics and reports of my supervised master theses can be found in DAIM.
My main research area is memory systems for Chip Multiprocessors (CMPs). CMPs are often referred to as multi-core architectures. In addition, I am interested in heterogeneous computer systems, energy efficiency, computer architecture simulation, compilers and system software.
I am currently involved in the following research projects:
- Coordinator and process leader of the Energy Efficient Computing Systems (EECS) initative. EECS is one of seven groups at NTNU that get special support towards Horizon 2020.
- Project manager for the Single-ISA Heterogeneous MAny-core Computer (SHMAC) project
- Vectorized PARSEC Benchmarks (ParVec)
I currently supervise/mentor the following PhD students and post docs:
- Nico Reissmann (main supervisor)
- Yaman Umuroglu (main supervisor)
- Dr. Asbjørn Djupdal (mentor)
- Benjamin Bjørnseth (co-supervisor)
- Odd Rune Strømmen Lykkebø (co-supervisor)
- Even Låte (co-supervisor)
- Yahya Yassin (co-supervisor)
I have supervised/metored the following PhD students and post docs:
- Post doc. Dr. Juan Manuel Cebrian (2012-2014)
- Post doc. Dr. Nikita Nikitin (2013-2014)
In addition, the following papers are currently in press: