Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) NEIL3-Dependent Regulation of Cardiac Fibroblast Proliferation Prevents Myocardial Rupture. Cell reports. vol. 18.
- (2017) No cancer predisposition or increased spontaneous mutation frequencies in NEIL DNA glycosylases-deficient mice. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Neil3 induced neurogenesis protects against prion disease during the clinical phase. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) PML regulates neuroprotective innate immunity and neuroblast commitment in a hypoxic–ischemic encephalopathy model. Cell Death & Disease. vol. 7.
- (2016) Enhanced base excision repair capacity in carotid atherosclerosis may protect nuclear DNA but not mitochondrial DNA. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. vol. 97.
- (2016) Neil3-dependent base excision repair regulates lipid metabolism and prevents atherosclerosis in Apoe-deficient mice. Scientific Reports. vol. 6:28337.
- (2015) Synergistic Actions of Ogg1 and Mutyh DNA Glycosylases Modulate Anxiety-like Behavior in Mice. Cell reports. vol. 13 (12).
- (2014) Accelerated clinical course of prion disease in mice compromised in repair of oxidative DNA damage. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. vol. 68.
- (2014) The distribution of DNA damage is defined by region-specific susceptibility to DNA damage formation rather than repair differences. DNA Repair. vol. 18 (1).
- (2014) Genome instability in Maple Syrup Urine Disease correlates with impaired mitochondrial biogenesis. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental. vol. 63 (8).
- (2014) Addressing RNA integrity to determine the impact of mitochondrial DNA mutations on brain mitochondrial function with age. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (5).
- (2012) Lack of the DNA glycosylases MYH and OGG1 in the cancer prone double mutant mouse does not increase mitochondrial DNA mutagenesis. DNA Repair. vol. 11 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2016) Quantification of DNA Damage by Real-Time qPCR. Mitochondrial DNA Methods and Protocols.
- (2015) Analysis of Mitochondrial DNA and RNA Integrity by a Real-Time qPCR-Based Method. Mitochondrial Medicine.