Background and activities
Kristian Seip (1962) is a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 1993. He has been Department Chair (1997 – 2001) and Vice Dean for Education at the Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering (2006 – 2012). He is a member of the Analysis Group. Professor Seip has a MSc, and a PhD both from NTNU. His research areas are currently operator related function theory and analytic number theory.
Recent Professional Experience at foreign institutions
- 2014 One month position in “Postgraduate Excellence Program” at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2009/2010 Visiting Professor, Université de Provence (Aix-Marseille I), one month
- 2003 Fred and Lois Gehring Professor of Mathematics, University of Michigan
- 2001 June/July Visiting Professor, Université Bordeaux I
- Visiting Scholar, Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Barcelona,1997 (September), 1999 (June – July), 2000 (June – July), 2011 (June – July)
Honors and Awards
- European Mathematical Society Lecturer 2012
- Invited Speaker, International Congress of Mathematicians, Berlin 1998
- Inaugural Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, 2012
- The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (DNVA), elected member since 2005
- The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters (DKNVS), elected member since 2001
- Norwegian Academy of the Technological Sciences (NTVA), elected member since 1999
Leadership of research projects with external funding
- Co-leader (with Yurii Lyubarskii) of the 2012–2013 program “Operator-Related Function Theory and Time-Frequency Analysis”, Centre for Advanced Study, Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, Oslo
- PI of several projects funded by the Research Council of Norway (RCN), including “Nonlinear Problems in Mathematical Analysis” (2008–2013) and ongoing project “Dirichlet Series and Analysis on Polydiscs” (RCN)
- Node Coordinator of EU Research Training Network “Classical Analysis, Operator Theory, Geometry of Banach Spaces, Their Interplay and Their Applications”, 2000–2004.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Approximation numbers of composition operators on H^p spaces of Dirichlet series. Annales de l'Institut Fourier. vol. 66 (2).
- (2016) Gal-type GCD sums beyond the critical line. Journal of Number Theory. vol. 166.
- (2016) Helson's problem for sums of a random multiplicative function. Mathematika. vol. 62.
- (2015) GCD sums from Poisson integrals and systems of dilated functions. Journal of the European Mathematical Society (Print). vol. 17 (6).
- (2015) Convergence of series of dilated functions and spectral norms of GCD matrices. Acta Arithmetica. vol. 168 (3).
- (2015) An inequality of Hardy-Littlewood type for Dirichlet polynomials. Journal of Number Theory. vol. 150.
- (2015) GCD sums and complete sets of square-free numbers. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 47 (1).
- (2015) Approximation numbers of composition operators on the H^2 space of Dirichlet series. Journal of Functional Analysis. vol. 268 (6).
- (2015) Decay rates for approximation numbers of composition operators. Journal d'Analyse Mathematique. vol. 125 (1).
- (2014) GCD sums and complete sets of square-free numbers. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 47 (1).
- (2013) Interpolation and sampling in small Bergman spaces. Collectanea Mathematica. vol. 64 (1).
- (2013) Zeros of functions in Hilbert spaces of Dirichlet series. Mathematische Zeitschrift. vol. 274.
- (2013) Hankel Operators on Fock Spaces and Related Bergman Kernel Estimates. Journal of Geometric Analysis. vol. 23 (1).
- (2012) Cyclicity of singular inner functions from the corona theorem. Journal of the Institute of Mathematics of Jussieu. vol. 11 (4).
- (2012) A lower bound in Nehari's theorem on the polydisc. Journal d'Analyse Mathematique. vol. 118.
- (2011) The Bohnenblust-Hille inequality for homogeneous polynomials is hypercontractive. Annals of Mathematics. vol. 174.
- (2011) L-infinity to L-p constants for Riesz projections. Bulletin des Sciences Mathématiques. vol. 135 (3).
- (2011) Discrete Hilbert transforms on sparse sequences. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 103.
- (2011) L^\infty to L^p constants for Riesz projections. Bulletin des Sciences Mathématiques. vol. 135.
- (2010) Unitary discrete Hilbert transforms. Journal d'Analyse Mathematique. vol. 112 (1).