Background and activities
Chairing the Reseach Group for Human Development
PI of the Trondheim Early Secure Study
Chief Clinician, The Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinic, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Quality of life among adolescents living in residential youth care:do domain-specific self-esteem and psychopathology contribute?. Quality of Life Research.
- (2017) Emotional Feeding and Emotional Eating: Reciprocal Processes and the Influence of Negative Affectivity. Child Development.
- (2017) Screening for pickiness – a validation study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. vol. 14:2.
- (2017) Change in Attachment Predicts Change in Emotion Regulation — Particularly among 5-HTTLPR Short-Allele Homozygotes. Developmental Psychology. vol. 53 (7).
- (2017) Homotypic and heterotypic continuity of symptoms of psychiatric disorders from age 4 to 10 years: a dynamic panel model. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines.
- (2017) Physical Activity, Sedentary Behavior, and Symptoms of Major Depression in Middle Childhood. Pediatrics. vol. 139 (2).
- (2016) Effectiveness of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) in the Treatment of Young Children's Behavior Problems. A Randomized Controlled Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (9).
- (2016) Interrelationships and continuities in symptoms of oppositional defiant and conduct disorders from age 4 to 10 in the community. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2016) Emotion Understanding in Preschool Children with Mild-to-Severe Hearing Loss. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education.
- (2016) Predictors of psychosocial outcomes in hard-of-hearing preschool children. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. vol. 21 (3).
- (2016) Disorganization, COMT, and children's social behavior: The norwegian hypothesis of legacy of disorganized attachment. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7.
- (2016) Predictors of change in depressive symptoms from preschool to first grade. Development and psychopathology (Print). vol. 28 (4).
- (2016) Polygenic risk, appetite traits, and weight gain in middle childhood:A longitudinal study. JAMA pediatrics. vol. 170 (2).
- (2016) Parental Feeding and Child Eating: An Investigation of Reciprocal Effects. Child Development. vol. 87 (5).
- (2016) Screening for persistent psychopathology in 4-year-old children. Pediatrics. vol. 138 (4).
- (2016) The development of global and domain-specific self-esteem from age 13 to 31. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. vol. 110 (4).
- (2016) Reciprocal relations between body satisfaction and self-esteem: A large 13-year prospective study of adolescents. Journal of Adolescence. vol. 47.
- (2015) What enhances the development of emotion understanding in young children? A longitudinal study of interpersonal predictors. British Journal of Developmental Psychology. vol. 33 (3).
- (2015) Screening for Behavioral Disorders With the Dyadic Parent-Child Interaction Coding System: Sensitivity, Specificity, and Core Discriminative Components. Child & family behavior therapy (Print). vol. 37 (1).
- (2015) Child exposure to serious life events, COMT, and aggression: Testing differential susceptibility theory. Developmental Psychology. vol. 51 (8).