Background and activities
Chairing the Reseach Group for Human Development
PI of the Trondheim Early Secure Study
Chief Clinician, The Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinic, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Predictors of psychosocial outcomes in hard of hearing preschool children. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education.
- (2016) Polygenic risk, appetite traits, and weight gain in middle childhood:A longitudinal study. JAMA pediatrics. vol. 170 (2).
- (2016) Parental Feeding and Child Eating: An Investigation of Reciprocal Effects. Child Development.
- (2015) What enhances the development of emotion understanding in young children? A longitudinal study of interpersonal predictors. British Journal of Developmental Psychology. vol. 33 (3).
- (2015) Screening for Behavioral Disorders With the Dyadic Parent-Child Interaction Coding System: Sensitivity, Specificity, and Core Discriminative Components. Child & family behavior therapy (Print). vol. 37 (1).
- (2015) Child exposure to serious life events, COMT, and aggression: Testing differential susceptibility theory. Developmental Psychology. vol. 51 (8).
- (2015) Prevalence and comorbidity of mental disorders among adolescents living in residential youth care. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) Predictors of change in depressive symptoms from preschool to first grade. Development and psychopathology (Print).
- (2015) Preschool-Age Problem Behavior and Teacher-Child Conflict in School: Direct and Moderation Effects by Preschool Organization. Child Development. vol. 86 (3).
- (2015) Reciprocal Relations Between Student-Teacher Relationship and Children's Behavioral Problems: Moderation by Child-Care Group Size. Child Development. vol. 86 (5).
- (2015) Reciprocal relations between student-teacher conflict, childrens social skills and externalizing behavior: A three-wave longitudinal study from preschool to third grade. International Journal of Behavioral Development. vol. 39 (5).
- (2015) Predictors of change in BMI from the age of 4 to 8. Journal of Pediatric Psychology. vol. 40 (10).
- (2015) Stability of Sleep Disorders From Preschool to First Grade and Their Bidirectional Relationship With Psychiatric Symptoms. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. vol. 36 (4).
- (2015) Peer Rejection and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms: Reciprocal Relations Through Ages 4, 6, and 8. Child Development.
- (2015) Social Exclusion Predicts Impaired Self-Regulation: A 2-Year Longitudinal Panel Study Including the Transition from Preschool to School. Journal of personality. vol. 83 (2).
- (2015) Secure attachment promotes the development of effortful control in boys. Attachment & Human Development. vol. 17 (3).
- (2015) The Development of Global and Domain-Specific Self-Esteem From Age 13 to 31. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- (2015) Cross-national investigation of health indicators among sexual minorities in Norway and the United States. Social Sciences. vol. 47 (4).
- (2015) Reciprocal relations between body satisfaction and self-esteem: A large 13-year prospective study of adolescents. Journal of Adolescence. vol. 47.
- (2014) What do parents know about their children's comprehension of emotions? Accuracy of parental estimates in a community sample of pre-schoolers. Child Care Health and Development. vol. 40 (3).