Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) What do parents know about their children's comprehension of emotions? Accuracy of parental estimates in a community sample of pre-schoolers. Child Care Health and Development. vol. 40 (3).
- (2014) Reciprocal Associations Between Depressive Symptoms and Disordered Eating Among Adolescent Girls and Boys: A Multiwave, Prospective Study. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. vol. 42 (5).
- (2014) Catechol-O-methyltransferase Val158Met genotype moderates the effect of disorganized attachment on social development in young children. Development and psychopathology (Print). vol. 26 (4pt1).
- (2014) Preschool Social Exclusion, Aggression, and Cooperation: A Longitudinal Evaluation of the Need-to-Belong and the Social-Reconnection Hypotheses. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. vol. 40 (12).
- (2014) Social Exclusion Predicts Impaired Self-Regulation: A 2-Year Longitudinal Panel Study Including the Transition from Preschool to School. Journal of personality.
- (2014) Secular Trends in Depressive Symptoms Among Norwegian Adolescents from 1992 to 2010. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. vol. 42 (3).
- (2014) Secular trends in eating problems among norwegian adolescents from 1992 to 2010. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 47 (5).
- (2014) Predicting Service Use for Mental Health Problems Among Young Children. Pediatrics. vol. 133 (6).
- (2014) Psychiatric disorders in preschoolers: the structure of DSM-IV symptoms and profiles of comorbidity. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 23 (7).
- (2013) A randomised study on the effectiveness of therapist-led v. self-help parental intervention for treating childhood obesity. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 110 (6).
- (2013) Do Time in Child Care and Peer Group Exposure Predict Poor Socioemotional Adjustment in Norway?. Child Development. vol. 84 (5).
- (2013) Sleep Disorders in Preschoolers: Prevalence and Comorbidity with Psychiatric Symptoms. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. vol. 34 (9).
- (2013) Detecting Psychiatric Disorders in Preschoolers: Screening With the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 52 (7).
- (2013) Preschool predictors of childhood anxiety disorders: a prospective community study. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines. vol. 54 (12).
- (2013) Predictors of Growth and Decline in Leisure Time Physical Activity From Adolescence to Adulthood. Health Psychology. vol. 32 (7).
- (2012) Preschoolers' psychosocial problems: In the eyes of the beholder? Adding teacher characteristics as determinants of discrepant parent-teacher reports. Child Psychiatry and Human Development. vol. 43 (3).
- (2012) The mental health of preschoolers in a Norwegian population-based study when their parents have symptoms of borderline, antisocial, and narcissitic personality disorders: at the mercy of unpredictability. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. vol. 6.
- (2012) Smoking during pregnancy and psychiatric disorders in preschoolers. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 21 (11).
- (2012) Competence and emotional/behavioural problems in 7-16-year-old Norwegian school children as reported by parents. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 66 (5).
- (2012) The relationship between socio-economic status and antidepressant prescription: a longitudinal survey and register study of young adults. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences. vol. 21 (1).