Background and activities
Chairing the Reseach Group for Human Development
PI of the Trondheim Early Secure Study
Chief Clinician, The Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinic, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Change in parenting, change in student–teacher relationships, and oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR): Testing a gene-×-environment (G×E) hypothesis in two samples. Export EXPORT Add To My List Email Print Share Change in parenting, change in student–teacher relationships, and oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR): Testing a gene-×-environment (G×E) hypothesis in two samples. Developmental Psychology. vol. 53 (7).
- (2017) Quality of life among adolescents living in residential youth care:do domain-specific self-esteem and psychopathology contribute?. Quality of Life Research.
- (2017) Social skills in preschool children with unilateral and mild bilateral hearing loss. Deafness and Education International.
- (2017) Emotional Feeding and Emotional Eating: Reciprocal Processes and the Influence of Negative Affectivity. Child Development.
- (2017) Child and parent predictors of picky eating from preschool to school age. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. vol. 14 (87).
- (2017) Body composition impacts appetite regulation in middle childhood. A prospective study of Norwegian community children. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. vol. 14 (1).
- (2017) Screening for pickiness – a validation study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. vol. 14:2.
- (2017) Peer problems and hyperactivity-impulsivity among Norwegian and American Children – The role of 5-HTTLPR. Child Development.
- (2017) Change in Attachment Predicts Change in Emotion Regulation — Particularly among 5-HTTLPR Short-Allele Homozygotes. Developmental Psychology. vol. 53 (7).
- (2017) Homotypic and heterotypic continuity of symptoms of psychiatric disorders from age 4 to 10 years: a dynamic panel model. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines.
- (2017) Physical Activity, Sedentary Behavior, and Symptoms of Major Depression in Middle Childhood. Pediatrics. vol. 139 (2).
- (2016) Effectiveness of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) in the Treatment of Young Children's Behavior Problems. A Randomized Controlled Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (9).
- (2016) Interrelationships and continuities in symptoms of oppositional defiant and conduct disorders from age 4 to 10 in the community. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2016) Emotion Understanding in Preschool Children with Mild-to-Severe Hearing Loss. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education.
- (2016) Predictors of psychosocial outcomes in hard-of-hearing preschool children. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. vol. 21 (3).
- (2016) Disorganization, COMT, and children's social behavior: The norwegian hypothesis of legacy of disorganized attachment. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7.
- (2016) Predictors of change in depressive symptoms from preschool to first grade. Development and psychopathology (Print). vol. 28 (4).
- (2016) Polygenic risk, appetite traits, and weight gain in middle childhood:A longitudinal study. JAMA pediatrics. vol. 170 (2).
- (2016) Parental Feeding and Child Eating: An Investigation of Reciprocal Effects. Child Development. vol. 87 (5).
- (2016) Peer Rejection and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms: Reciprocal Relations Through Ages 4, 6, and 8. Child Development. vol. 87 (2).