Background and activities
Patrick Mikalef is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie post-doctoral research fellow in the area of Information Systems Strategy. He received his B.Sc. in Informatics from the Ionian University, his M.Sc. in Business Informatics for Utrecht University, and his Ph.D. in IT Strategy from the Ionian University. His research interests are on strategic use of information systems and IT-business value in turbulent environments. He has published work in international conferences and peer-reviewed journal including the Journal of Business Research, Industrial Management & Data Systems, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, and Health Information and Libraries Journal.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Explaining travellers online information satisfaction: A complexity theory approach on information needs, barriers, sources and personal characteristics. Information & Management.
- (2017) Designing social commerce platforms based on consumers ’ intentions. Behavior and Information Technology.
- (2017) Big data analytics capabilities: a systematic literature review and research agenda. Information Systems and E-Business Management.
- (2017) Information technology-enabled dynamic capabilities and their indirect effect on competitive performance: Findings from PLS-SEM and fsQCA. Journal of Business Research. vol. 70.
- (2017) Online information search behaviour of physicians. Health Information and Libraries Journal.
- (2017) Investigating students’ use and adoption of with-video assignments: lessons learnt for video-based open educational resources. Journal of Computing in Higher Education.
- (2017) Social Media and Analytics for Competitive Performance: A Conceptual Research Framework. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 263.
- (2017) The effect of strategic alignment of complementary IT and organizational capabilities on competitive firm performance. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing.
- (2017) Driving organizational sustainability-oriented innovation capabilities: a complex adaptive systems perspective. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. vol. 28.
- (2016) An integrative adoption model of video-based learning. The international journal of information and learning technology. vol. 33 (4).
- (2016) Consumer intentions on social media: A fsQCA analysis of motivations. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9844.
- (2016) Gender Differences in Computer Science Education: Lessons Learnt from an Empirical Study at NTNU. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2016) Video-Based Learning Adoption: A typology of learners. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1579.
- (2015) Identifying Dropout Factors in Information Technology Education: A Case Study. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2016) Closing the innovation gap in the Adriatic Region: Greece. 2016. ISBN 978-88-8303-761-0.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Value co-creation and purchase intention in social commerce: The enabling role of word-of-mouth and trust. The 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS).
- (2017) Value Co-Creation and Trust in Social Commerce: An fsQCA approach. The 25th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS).
- (2017) Fuzzy-Set Analysis to Understand User Experience in Mobile Applications. The 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS).
- (2017) A strategic alignment model for IT flexibility and dynamic capabilities: Towards an assessment tool. The 25th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS).
- (2017) Managing firms’ innovation capabilities through strategically aligning combinative IT and dynamic capabilities. The 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS).