Postal addressDepartment of Energy and Process Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Theoretical and experimental research within the field of combustion/gasification and alternative fuels (bio, hydrogen).
- Modeling of gasification processes of solid biofuels (reactive multiphase flows) for biofuel production.
- Investigation of particle formation in turbulent reacting flows using direct numerical simulations, including dynamic chemical models for combustion in engines and turbines. In collaboration with Queen Mary University of London.
- Studies of characteristics of surrogate fuels including modelling for modern low emitting fuels. In collaboration with School of Engineering and Material Science, Queen Mary University of London og Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Cambridge.
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling from point sources typical of industrial and marine sources. Research includes development of detailed chemical models for arctic conditions. In collaboration with University of Tromsø and Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge.
- BioEng (Top level Research InitiativeTRI): theoretical and eksperimental study of biofuels http://www.toppforskningsinitiativet.org/no/programmer-1/program-5/prosjekter/prosjekt-4
- GasBio (NFR): gasification of biomass for liquid fuel production, modeling of reactive multiphase flows
SciToBiCom (ERA net): biomass and gasification
- Arctic Earth Observation and Surveillance Technologies (NFR Nordområdesatsningen): At Universitetet i Tromsø
- Particle formation in Turbulent Flows (EPSRC)
- Surrugate Fuels for Diesel Fuel Modelling (EPSRC)
Terese Løvås is a member of:
- Churchill College, Cambridge University, Alumni Fellow in Engineering
- The Combustion Institute Scandinavian-Nordic Section
- Consortium On Computational Combustion For Engineering Applications
- Institute of Physics
Professor II i Process and Gas technologi
Department of Engeneering Science and Safety, University of Tromsø, Norway
Lecturer in Energy Technologies (associate empl.), School of Engineering and Material Science, Queen Mary, University of London, London, UK
College Lecturer in Engineering, Churchill College, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK
Research Associate, Division of Combustion Physics, Lund University, Sweden
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Experimental studies of autoignition and soot formation of diesel surrogate fuels. Proceedings of the Institution of mechanical engineers. Part D, journal of automobile engineering. volum 227 (D5).
- (2013) Experimental Study of a Single Particle Reactor at Combustion and Pyrolysis Conditions. Chemical Engineering Transactions. volum 35.
- (2013) Influence of drag force correlations on periodic fluidization behavior in Eulerian-Lagrangian simulation of a bubbling fluidized bed. Chemical Engineering Science. volum 95.
- (2013) Automatic generation of kinetic skeletal mechanisms for biomass combustion. Energy & Fuels. volum 27 (11).
- (2012) Enhanced NOx Reduction by Combined Staged Air and Flue Gas Recirculation in Biomass Grate Combustion. Energy & Fuels. volum 26 (5).
- (2012) Experimental investigation on NOx reduction by primary measures in biomass combustion: straw, peat, sewage sludge, forest residues and wood pellets. Energies. volum 5 (2).
- (2012) Combustion Properties of Norwegian Biomass: Wood Chips and Forest Residues. Applied Mechanics and Materials. volum 110-116.
- (2012) Reduced chemical kinetics mechanisms for NOx emission prediction in biomass combustion. International Journal of Chemical Kinetics. volum 44 (4).
- (2012) NOx emission reduction by staged combustion in grate combustion of biomass fuels and fuel mixtures. Fuel. volum 98.
- (2012) Theoretical and experimental investigation of diesel engine performance, combustion and emissions analysis fuelled with the blends of ethanol, diesel and jatropha methyl ester. Energy Conversion and Management. volum 53 (1).
- (2012) EULERIAN-LAGRANGIAN SIMULATION OF A BUBBLING FLUIDIZED BED REACTOR: ASSESSMENT OF DRAG FORCE CORRELATIONS. Thermal Science. volum 16 (5).
- (2012) NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF PARTICLES TURBULENT DISPERSION IN CHANNEL FLOW. Thermal Science. volum 16 (5).
- (2012) Thermal characterization of Uganda's Acacia hockii, Combretum molle, Eucalyptus grandis and Terminalia glaucescens for gasification. Biomass and Bioenergy. volum 46.
- (2011) Direct Quadrature Conditional Moment Closure for modeling of turbulent combustion. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. volum 87 (2-3).
- (2011) Optimal mixtures to reduce the formation of corrosive compounds during straw combustion: a thermodynamic analysis. Energy & Fuels. volum 25 (7).
- (2011) Effect of Excess Air Ratio and Temperature on NOx Emission from Grate Combustion of Biomass in the Staged Air Combustion Scenario. Energy & Fuels. volum 25 (10).
- (2011) Experimental Investigation on Corrosion Abatement in Straw Combustion by Fuel Mixing. Energy & Fuels. volum 25 (6).
- (2011) On adaptively reduced chemistry in large eddy simulations. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. volum 33 (1).
- (2011) The effect of preferential diffusion in ethylene diffusion flames. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. volum 87 (2-3).
- (2010) Global Reaction Mechanism for Ethylene Flames with Preferential Diffusion. Combustion Science and Technology. volum 182 (11-12).