Background and activities
2017 - Associate Professor Department of public health and nursing
2016 - Associate Professor, Department of Nursing Science, NTNU
2011 - 2015: Associate Professor, Department of Nursing Science, HiST
2007-2011: Phd, Department of Social Work and Health Sciences, NTNU
2004-2006: Master Degree, Department of Social Work and Health Sciences, NTNU
2001-2004: Bachelor Degree, Faculty of Nursing, Sør- Trøndelag University College
2000-2001: Elementary course in psychology, NTNU
Mental health in adolescents
Main focus is emotional health and well-being in adolescents 13-18 years, from public elementary and secondary schools in Mid-Norway.
- Stress, self-esteem and emotional symptoms
- Self-esteem and emotional health
- Sense of coherence, stress and emotional symptoms
- Sense of coherence and life satisfaction
- Life satisfaction and emotional symptoms
- Life satisfaction, school stress and depressive symptoms – life satisfaction as a potential mediator
- Physical activity, stress and subjective health symptoms
- Psychometric assessment of instruments measuring stress, sense of coherence and life satisfaction
Project leader of the project "Mental health in adolescents. Implementation of a health promoting intervention led by the public health nurse in the school" For more information: Health Promotion Worthwhile
Leader for the research area “Education and upbringing within Center for Health Promotion Research from 2009 – 2014.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Positive mental health literacy:development and validation of a measureamong Norwegian adolescents. BMC Public Health.
- (2017) The Relationship Between Positive Mental Health Literacy and Mental Well-Being Among Adolescents: Implications of School Health Services. Journal of School Nursing.
- (2017) Validation of the Resilience Scale for Adolescents (READ) in Norwegian adolescents 13 - 18 years. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences.
- (2017) Validations of two versions of the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-Being Scale among Norwegian adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2016) Intrapersonal self-transcendence, meaning-in-life and nurse–patient interaction: powerful assets for quality of life in cognitively intact nursing-home patients. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 30 (4).
- (2016) The association between stress, self-esteem and depressive symptoms in adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 57 (1).
- (2016) The association between self-esteem and sense of coherence in adolescents aged 13–18 years—The role of sex and age differences. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 90.
- (2015) Do Optimism and Pessimism Mediate the Relationship between Religious Coping and Existential Well-Being? Examining Mechanisms in a Norwegian Population Sample. The international journal for the psychology of religion. vol. 25 (2).
- (2015) Stressor experience negatively affects life satisfaction in adolescents - the positive role of sense of coherence. Quality of Life Research. vol. 24 (10).
- (2014) Gender differences in predictors of school wellbeing?. Health Education Journal. vol. 73 (1).
- (2014) Stress, sense of coherence and emotional symptoms in adolescents. Psychology and Health. vol. 29 (1).
- (2014) Validation of the Orientation to Life Questionnaire in Norwegian Adolescents, Construct Validity Across Samples. Social Indicators Research. vol. 119 (2).
- (2014) Satisfaction with life scale in adolescents: Evaluation of the factor structure and gender invariance in a Norwegian sample. Social Indicators Research. vol. 118 (2).
- (2014) The Association Between School Stress, Life Satisfaction and Depressive Symptoms in Adolescents: Life Satisfaction as a Potential Mediator. Social Indicators Research. vol. 125.
- (2014) Physical activity, resilience, and depressive symptoms in adolescence. Mental Health and Physical Activity. vol. 7 (2).
- (2013) Self-Transcendence, Nurse-Patient-Interaction, and the outcome of multidimensional well-being in cognitively intact nursing-home patients. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 27 (4).
- (2013) The effect of nurse-patient interaction on anxiety and depression in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Journal of Clinical Nursing. vol. 22 (15-16).
- (2013) Meaning in life in nursing home patients: A validation study of the Purpose-in-Life test. Journal of Nursing Measurement. vol. 21 (2).
- (2013) Nurse-patient interaction: A resource for hope in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Journal of Holistic Nursing. vol. 31 (3).
- (2013) The Herth Hope Index - a psychometric study among cognitively intact nursing home patients. Journal of Nursing Measurement. vol. 21 (3).