Our research focuses on algorithms with emphasis on bioinformatics, computer graphics, high-performance computing, and search.
We conduct research in the fields of Computer Architecture and Computer Design. Areas of focus include hardware, hardware / software interfaces. processor technology, and system software.
The research group foucses on big data, database systems, search, and text mining.
Our research focuses on empirical information systems, human-computer interaction (HCI), component-based software development, software process improvement, software security, and cooperation technologies.
Intelligent Systems (AI)
The research group focuses on logical, probabilistic and biologically-inspired methods in artificial intelligence (AI), and machine-learning (ML).
Our FP7, Horizon 2020 (H2020), and EEA projects.
Projects from the Research Council of Norway (NFR), and
the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad).
Our research centres from 2015–2023.
- Centre for Exposed Aquaculture Operations (EXPOSED) | Agnar Aamodt
- Center for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS) | Eric Monteiro
Strategic Research Areas at the IME faculty
The department has access to a broad spectrum of advanced laboratories and scientific equipment
- Computer Architecture Lab | Gunnar Tufte
- Database Cluster | Kjetil Nørvåg
- Forløpslab | Øystein Nytrø
- GEMINI Centre for Applied Artifical Intelligence | Anders Kofod-Petersen
- Hackerspace | Unni K. Eide
- HPC Lab | Anne C. Elster
- CRAB Lab | Pauline Haddow
- User Interaction Lab | Dag Svanæs
- Visual Computing Lab | Theoharis Theohari
- Wireless Trondheim Living Lab | John Krogstie
Supervised doctorates are the highest degrees awarded by the University for research. The research is carried out under the immediate supervision of staff members. The education and training provided produce graduates who have the capacity to conduct independent research that is both original and of high international quality.