Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol)
We study the material side of the economy and society and investigates how resource use contributes to welfare, as well as how and where the environmental impacts occur. Our teaching and research activities bridge technology and the social sciences.
- National greenhouse-gas accounting for effective climate policy on international trade in Nature Climate Change March 2015
- Linearity between temperature peak and bioenergy CO2 emission rates in Nature Climate Change Oct 2014
- Integrated life-cycle assessment of electricity-supply scenarios confirms global environmental benefit of low-carbon technologies in Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) Sept 2014
- Phys.org "First-ever global life cycle assessment of renewable energy future"
- Sciencedaily.com "Cool climate – clean planet: Research suggests cooling action will clean air"
- BBC News "Electric cars pose 'environmental threat'"
- ScienceNordic.com "Calculating the environmental footprint of governments"
Read more IndEcol in the news.