The Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol) is a multidisciplinary university programme in the area of Industrial Ecology. The programme was initiated in 1994 and includes a comprehensive educational curriculum launched in 1999 and a significant number of doctoral students and research projects.
The world's first PhD programme in Industrial Ecology was established in 2003. The MSc in Industrial Ecology was set up in August the year after, with its first admission of students in 2005. IndEcol's teaching and research activities are interdisciplinary, bridging technology and social sciences.
Below is a list of recent publications from our Professors, PhDs, and Post Doc researchers on SCOPUS. To view the full list of our publications, scroll down to the bottom inside the SCOPUS plugin and click "All results".
- ScienceNordic.com : Calculating the environmental footprint of governments, with Edgar Hertwich and Jan Weinzettel, 21 June 2012
- Universitetsavisa.no: Mer snakk om klima, with Edgar Hertwich, 16 April 2012
- NRK: Datamaskiner og TV-apparat er dei nye klimaverstingane i heimane, with Edgar Hertwich, 31 October 2011
- CICERO:Større fotspor fra produksjonsfasen, by Edgar Hertwich & Ottar Michelsen, 19 October 2011.
- Science for Environmental Policy: Environmental impacts of electric vehicle batteries weighed up, with Majeau-Bettez, G,. Hawkins, T.R. & Strømman, A.H., 13 October 2011
- Teknisk Ukeblad: Det finnes ingen nullutslippsbilder, with Anders Hammer Strømman, 14 June 2011
- Teknisk Ukeblad:Dette kan endre klimaregnskapet, with Anders Hammer Strømman, 18 May 2011.
- Forskning.no: For snever tilnærming til klimavern?, by Anders Arvesen, 10 May 2011.
- Science Daily: Choosing the right electrical vehicles batteries for the Future, with Guillaume Majeau-Bettez, Troy R. Hawkins, and Anders Hammer Strømman, 27 April 2011.
- Eco-Web.com: Industrial Ecology: Current Practices and Future Prospects, by G. Venkatesh, March 2011
- Eco-Web.com: Industrial Ecology – an Idea Whose Time Has Come, by G. Venkatesh & Helge Brattebø, March 2011
- Science Daily: Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Biomass Combustion, with Francesco Cherubini, Glen P. Peters, Terje Berntsen, Anders H. Strømman, Edgar Hertwich, 16 March 2011
- MIT Portugal: Professor Helge Brattebø (NTNU)Sabbatical Leave in Portugal, January 2011
- Deutsche Welle: Germans` carbon footprints are shrinking, with Edgar Hertwich, 14 December 2010.
- Adresseavisen: Ombruk på agendaen, by Anne Sigrid Nordby, 16 September 2010.
- Adresseavisen: To NTNU-forskere til FNs klimapanel, with Daniel Müller and Edgar Hertwich, 27 June 2010.
- IPS: Money Begets Environmental Evils, Study Finds, with Edgar Hertwich, 3 June 2010.
- The Guardian: UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet, with Edgar Hertwich, 2 June 2010.
- Science Daily:Fossil-Fuel Use and Feeding World Cause Greatest Environmental Impacts: UNEP Panel, with Edgar Hertwich, 2 June 2010.
- Reuters: Go veggie, cut fossil fuels to aid planet: study, with Edgar Hertwich, 2 June 2010.
- Pressetext Austria: Landwirtschaft frisst die Erde auf: Fossile Brennstoffe und Konsumverhalten schaden der Welt am meisten, with Edgar Hertwich, 2 June 2010.
- CBCNews:UN report calls for changes in diet, fuel use, with Edgar Hertwich, 2 June 2010.
- Universitetsavisa: Beregner NTNUs fotavtrykk på klima , with Hogne Nersund Larsen, 14 May 2010.
- Adresseavisen: Avsalting og bærekraftsproblem, by Jo-Kristian Stræte Røttereng et. al., 12 April 2010.
- Forskning.no: Fattige forurenser for de rike with Edgar Hertwich and Glen Peters, 19 March 2010.
- Forskning.no: CO2-importen større enn eksporten with Edgar Hertwich and Glen Peters, 19 March 2010.
- Universitetsavisa.no: Karbonfotspor vinner pris with Edgar Hertwich and Glen Peters, 8 March 2010.
Read more IndEcol in the news.