Department of Public Health and Nursing
Vocational Teacher Education
- The Doctor-Patient course extends over the first two years of the programme of professional studies in medicine. The goal is for students to build basic clinical skills such as communication and practical examination techniques, through meetings with patients, other medical students and actors (F-lab). Patient meetings challenge the overall competencies of the students and doctors. The course consequently puts an emphasis on knowledge, skills, and behaviour, and how these are integrated in realistic situations. Another important element in the student's overall competency is the relationship between the personal and the professional. The students are therefore given guidance concerning personal development.
- Thesis IIIA/IIIB: The aim of the thesis is to improve the student's scientific and problem-oriented thinking for life-long learning.
- IIIC is a semester devoted to environmental and community medicine. The core of the semester is a six-week placement in the municipal health services system. The Department of Public Health and Nursing is responsible for the course content of this semester.
- IIID is a semester devoted to synthesizing former knowledge acquired over the course of the studies.
- Public Health - specializing in Global Health
- Clinical Health Sciences (taught in Norwegian)
- Health Science
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 09:49:07 +0100
Questions about our studies?
» Student information - for all students at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Nursing 1st year: Astrid Kiil Hansen
- Nursing 2nd year: Heidi Krutvik
- Nursing 3rd year: Torhild Dragsten
- Vocational Teacher Education: Inger Finserås
Professional Studies in Medicine
- Doctor-Patient course: Svanhild Stokkan Haugen
- IIIC: Anne-Britt Hofstad
- IIID: Guri Helmersen
- Medical Student's Research Programme: May Karin Dyrendahl
MSc Programmes and Further Education
- Public Health - specializing in Global Health:
Borgny Hedvig Wold
- Clinical Health Sciences: Erik Langbakk
- Health Science: Erik Langbakk
- Midwifery: Thorild Dragsten
- Public Nursing: Heidi Krutvik
- Advanced Clinical Nursing: Inger Finserås