The Department of Music
The department offers studies in Musicology, Music Technology, Dance Studies and Music Performance Studies. The staff's research and artistic development span the same range of disciplines.
The application deadline for degree studies at our music performance studies is December 15 every year. Bachelor applicants to our degree studies in musicology, music technology and dance studies have deadlines depending on whether the applicants high school degree is from a Nordic country or not (see How to apply).
Information regarding application can be found at the Office of International Relations and at their How to apply page (also for information on Norwegian language courses). Frequently asked questions.
Informastion for prospective exchange students (students only staying for a shorter period of time).
Beeing an exchange student means that one of NTNUs primary admission requirements — that you be proficient in Norwegian — does not apply. However most classes have Norwegian as the language of instruction. The course catalogue has the option to only show courses offered in English.
Exchange to NTNU Department of Music
The Department of Music offers studies in Musicology, Dance Studies, Music Technology and Music Performance Studies.
Information regarding exchange to Musicology, Music Technology and Dance Studies can be found at the Office of International Relations.
Some useful information:
- ECTS catalogue
- List of teachers: http://www.ntnu.no/music/staff
- Information about programmes of study
- Other relevant links: Living in Trondheim
- Erasmus code: N-TRONDHE01
Number of students: Music Performance Studies 150, Music Technology 70, Musicology 120, Dance Studies 50.
Calendar of academic year: 15 August–20 December. 2 January–15 June (approximately)
Students at Music Performance Studies at AEC member institutions can apply for an exchange period at our Music Performance studies. Aditional information for these students:
- Application deadline is 15 February.
- The application needs a recording and confirmation signature from the home institution.
- If we don't have an Erasmus agreement we make one if you are accepted.
- Electronic application form
- Nordplus applicants use the Nordplus application form. Contact your local coordinator.
- Contact our international relations coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Main administration/ Music Performance Studies/ Music Technology
Olavskvartalet, 5. floor, Trondheim city centre
University campus Dragvoll, building 2, level 4.
Sport Centre Dragvoll, 3. floor, wing B. Loholt allé 81