This page gives a survey of databases and data sources presenting brief descriptions and characteristics of accidents and incidents that have occurred.
- eMARS - Major Accident ReportingSystem (This database is maintained by the Major Accident Hazards Bureau (MAHB) and is related to the EU Seveso II directive on major accidents involving highly hazardous substances)
- FACTS - Failure and Accident Technical Information System (This database is operated by Unified Industrial & Harbour Fire Department in Rotterdam-Rozenburg)
- ARIA - Analyse, Recherche et Informations sur les Accidents (is operated by by BARPI, a part of Ministère de l'Aménagement du Territoire et de l'Environnement MATE)
- PSID - Process Safety Incident Database (is operated by the Center for Chemical Process Safety CCPS)
- NEDIES - Natural and EnvironmentalDisaster Information Exchange System (is operated by the Joint Research Centre, Natural Risk Sector)
- ECCAIRS - European Co-ordination Centre for Aviation Incident Reporting Systems
- Aviation accident database & synopses (is operated by the NationalTransportation Safety Board, USA)
- IRTAD - International Road Trafficand Accident Database (OECD)
- WOAD - World Offshore Accident Database (is operated by Det Norske Veritas DNV)
- Accident statistics for fixed offshore unit son the UK Continental Shelf (UK HSE report)
- Accident statistics for mobile offshore units on the UK Continental Shelf (UK HSE report)
- Ship/Platform Collision Incident Database (UK HSE report)
- Danger Ahead - Historic Railway Disasters
- BBC Disaster News
Note that links have been removed, but they should be easy to retrieve by a search.