Prerequisites and requirements
In order to apply to a Nordic master's programme you will have to fulfill a number of requirements. Admission is dependent upon:
- A first degree in a relevant field
- Excellent academic performance
- Documentation of proficiency in English
Please check the website of your master's programme of interest, for further information.
How to apply
For most Joint Nordic programmes you apply directly to the university where you wish to study for the first year of your study track. However, there are some exemptions to this rule, so read the following information carefully.
Starting your studies at NTNU
If you wish to start your studies at NTNU for any of the MSc programmes listed below, you apply though SøknadsWeb by 15 January:
- MSc in Maritime Engineering
- MSc in Aquatic food production- Safety & Quality
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering
Starting your studies at a partner institution
- For most Joint Nordic programmes you apply directly to the university where you wish to study for the first year of your study track. Please check the programme website of choice for more information.
MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering: you will have to apply directly to NTNU regardless of where you plan to start your studies. You must decide on a study track and a start university before you can submit your application. Please consult the programme webpage for more information about the study tracks.Application process at NTNU
You must fill out the online application by 15 January.
Applicants must submit all relevant documentation online by 15 January:
- ID/passport: submit a copy of the page that has your name, picture, date of birth and nationality on it
- Diploma OR documentation of graduation
- Complete transcript of record
The online application will be processed after 15 January.
If your application is approved, you will receive a final application form. Students who do not qualify to proceed will also be notified by e-mail.
Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to assess your academic background prior to the application process. To see if you are eligible for one of the programmes, please read the requirements on the dedicated programme webpage.
All applications are academically evaluated by the consortium partner universities. Candidates fulfilling the above requirements are ranked based on their academic achievements. The final selection is based on a decision by the admission-board of the consortium.
It is not possible to apply for admission for the spring semester due to the structure of the Nordic master's programmes -- all programmes start in autumn, and extend over four semesters.
Joint Nordic Master's Application
How to apply
Apply using Søknadsweb if your study track starts at NTNU or if you wish to study the MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (regardless of starting university).
The online application form will be made available closer to the application deadline.