Prerequisites and requirements
In order to apply to a Nordic master's programme you will have to fulfill a number of requirements. Admission is dependent upon:
- A first degree in a relevant field
- Excellent academic performance
- Documentation of proficiency in English
Please check the website of your master's programme of interest, for further information.
How to apply
For most Joint Nordic programmes you apply directly to the university where you wish to study for the first year of your study track. However, there are some exemptions to this rule, so read the following information carefully.
Starting your studies at NTNU
If you wish to start your studies at NTNU for any of the MSc programmes listed below, you apply though Søknadsweb by 15 January:
- MSc in Maritime Engineering
- MSc in Aquatic food production- Safety & Quality
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering
Starting your studies at a partner institution
For most Joint Nordic programmes you apply directly to the university where you wish to study for the first year of your study track. Please check the programme website of choice for more information. Exemptions:
- MSc in Cold Climate Engineering you must apply through DTU, regardless of where you plan to start your studies.
MSc in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering: you will have to apply directly to NTNU regardless of where you plan to start your studies.
You must decide on a study track and a start university before you can submit your application. Please consult the programme webpage for more information about the study tracks.
You must fill out the online application by 15 January.
How to apply
There is joint admission for the Nordic Master in Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering. This means that all applications must be submitted through Søknadsweb
Applicants must submit all relevant documentation online by 16 January:
- ID/passport: submit a copy of the page that has your name, picture, date of birth and nationality on it
- Diploma OR documentation of graduation
- Complete transcript of record
- The additional application form must be filled out and uploaded to your application in Søkndadsweb.
The application portal will open 1 November.
All applications are academically evaluated by the consortium partner universities. Candidates fulfilling the above requirements are ranked based on their academic achievements. The final selection is based on a decision by the admission-board of the consortium.
It is not possible to apply for admission for the spring semester due to the structure of the Nordic master's programmes -- all programmes start in autumn, and extend over four semesters.
Questions related to admission, please contact Senior Executive Officer Oddrun Walstad Maaø.
Joint Nordic Master's Application
How to apply
Please consult your study programme