The UTFORSK partnership program was launched in order to strengthen international collaboration between Norwegian institutions and partners in Brazil, China, India, Japan, Russia or South Africa. The program is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research, and administered by the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU), in cooperation with the Research Council of Norway (RCN).
More specifically, the UTFORSK project coordinated by CERG/NTNU is a partnership between us at NTNU and the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Project leader is Professor Ulrik Wisløff (CERG/NTNU), and at the Brazilian side activities are coordinated by Professor Patricia Brum, one of the leading researchers on exercise physiology in Brazil.
Our project aims to promote excellence in exercise physiology by linking high-quality research and education of future researchers from Norway and Brazil. To achieve this goal, the UTFORSK project is structured to promote student and staff exchange, internationalization of education, research cooperation and joint seminars to allow young researchers to discuss their work with international scientists.
Activities will enable young scientists to face challenges and opportunities in the field of exercise physiology, which will bring real benefits for their careers. By combining expertise from the partners institutions, the project will not only strengthen the existing international research network, but also link research and education, thereby promoting international excellence in exercise physiology. The project started in 2014 and will last for three years. Activities are ongoing at the moment and relevant information will be updated on this page. Our main activities are:
- Short-term exchange of students and staff
- Joint student supervision
- Joint teaching
- Joint seminars
Below you can find the list of UTFORSK partners. For general inquiries, please contact the steering committee.
- Professor Ulrik Wisløff, NTNU, CERG / Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging – Project leader
- Jose Bianco Moreira, NTNU, CERG / Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging – Project daily manager
- Professor Patricia Brum, University of Sao Paulo, School of Physical Education and Sport, Brazil – Project coordinator in Brazil
- Professor Geir Slupphaug, NTNU, Department of Cancer and Molecular Medicine
- Professor Alessandra Medeiros, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Prof. Carlos Eduardo Negrao, University of Sao Paulo, Heart Institute and Shool of Physical Education and Sport, Brazil
- Professor Carlos R Bueno Jr., University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto School of Physical Education and Sport, Brazil
- Professor Julio C. B. Ferreira, University of Sao Paulo, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Brazil