Sending an invoice to NTNU
Sending an invoice to NTNU
Norwegian suppliers must send invoices to NTNU electronically, and we recommend that NTNU's suppliers outside Norway also send their invoices to us electronically.
What is an electronic invoice?
An electronic invoice is an invoice that is transferred electronically from the supplier to the invoice recipient. An electronic invoice is imported and processed electronically in the invoice recipient’s accounts system. PDF attachments or attachments to emails cannot be imported electronically and are therefore not regarded as electronic invoices.
Requirements for invoice marking and content
The University handles many electronic invoices on a daily basis, but we are also still receiving invoices in other formats (for example PDF). We are therefore requesting that all suppliers only send electronic invoices and are aware of the following points:
To ensure an efficient billing process and avoid delays:
- The invoice must be addressed to NTNU.
- All invoices must contain information in accordance with the standard bookkeeping requirements.
- Use the correct invoice address.
- All invoices to NTNU must have a reference to a valid purchase order number (Example 6000xxxxx). If an order number is not provided, please refer to a Cost Center.
- Handwritten text or markings on invoices sent to NTNU is not permitted. All e-mails with valid invoice files (PDF) are forwarded to automatic interpretation and verification in our system, and any handwritten notes or other markings may lead to misinterpretation of the information on the invoice.
If the invoice sent to NTNU does not fulfill the above requirements, it will be returned to the payment receiver.
Get started sending electronic invoices to NTNU
It is not necessary to enter into a formal agreement between the supplier and NTNU. The supplier must have a system or use simple invoice portals to be able to send electronic invoices.
For more information on how to send electronic invoices please see:
- www.ntnu.no/kontakt/faktura (in Norwegian)
- An overview of invoiceportals (billing systems) that can deliver Elektronisk handelsformat (EHF) (anskaffelser.no)
PDF invoices by email
- Suppliers outside Norway can send their invoices as PDF attachment by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norwegian suppliers are prohibited from sending PDF invoices to NTNU. All invoices from Norwegian suppliers must be sent to us electronically.
- After they have been received, emails with valid invoice files (PDF) are forwarded to automatic interpretation and verification in our system.
- Appendices and specifications must be attached in the same file as the invoice, otherwise they will neither be handled nor returned.
- Unsupported files or separate appendices and specifications will not be handled or returned.
- Text in subject or content will not be read or handled.
- Links to invoices in content will not be handled.
- For more information about e-invoicing, contact email@example.com
Invoice address for electronic invoice:
- EHF: NO974767880
- NTNU PEPPOL address: 0192: 974767880
Email address for PDF-invoices:
This is invoices sent by mail as pdf attachments. Please note that this is only an option for suppliers outside of Norway.
Customer Name: NTNU
Customer Address: N-7491 Trondheim, Norway
Organisation Number: 974 767 880