Background and activities
Anders Fougner is employed as an Associate Professor at Department of Engineering Cybernetics and the Artificial Pancreas Trondheim (APT) research group since 2018. Previously postdoc at the same department during 2014–2017. Additionally he is the coordinator of APT and was a strong contributor when establishing this research group. The long-term aim of APT's work is to develop a system for closed-loop glucose control in diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2 and in intensive care patients. APT is part of Centre for Digital Life Norway.
Read more at the APT homepage.
From 2008 to 2013, Anders was employed as a PhD student and worked on myoelectric control of upper limb prostheses. His thesis was entitled Robust, coordinated and proportional control of myoelectric upper-limb prostheses.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Kalman smoothing for objective and automatic preprocessing of glucose data. IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics.
- (2017) A Review of the Current Challenges Associated with the Development of an Artificial Pancreas by a Double Subcutaneous Approach. Diabetes Therapy. vol. 8.
- (2017) Impact of sensing and infusion site dependent dynamics on insulin bolus based meal compensation. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (1).
- (2017) Meal detection based on non-individualized moving horizon estimation and classification. IEEE Control Systems. vol. 1.
- (2016) Intraperitoneal Glucose Sensing is Sometimes Surprisingly Rapid. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 37 (2).
- (2016) The artificial pancreas: a dynamic challenge. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2014) System Training and Assessment in Simultaneous Proportional Myoelectric Prosthesis Control. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. vol. 11 (1).
- (2013) Forbedret myoelektrisk styring av håndproteser. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 133 (16).
- (2013) Robust, Coordinated and Proportional Myoelectric Control of Upper-Limb Prostheses. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4293-6. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (98).
- (2012) Control of Upper Limb Prostheses: Terminology and Proportional Myoelectric Control-A Review. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering. vol. 20 (5).
- (2011) Resolving the Limb Position Effect in Myoelectric Pattern Recognition. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering. vol. 19 (6).
- (2011) A Multi-Modal Approach for Hand Motion Classification Using Surface EMG and Accelerometers. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 33.
- (2011) Resolving the Limb Position Effect. Raising the Standard, Proceedings of the Myoelectric Controls Symposium (MEC) 2011.
- (2010) Adverse Effects of Limb Position on Myoelectric Control of Upper-Limb Prostheses. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 19.
- (2010) Examining the Adverse Effects of Limb Position on Pattern Recognition Based Myoelectric Control. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 32.
- (2008) Cancellation of Force Induced Artifacts in Surface EMG Using FSR Measurements. Measuring Success in Upper Limb Prosthetics, Proceedings of Myoelectric Controls Symposium (MEC) 2008.
- (2007) Simultaneous Proportional Control of Multiple Functions in Upper-limb Prostheses. Moving Beyond Disability, Proceedings of the 12th World Congress of the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics.
- Information and communication technology
- Medical technology
- Technical cybernetics
- Biomedical engineering
- Biomedical sensors
- Control technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Prostheses and Implants
- Prosthesis control
- Glycemic control
- Motion control
- Artificial Pancreas
- Closed loop glucose control