Petter Andreas Bergh
Background and activities
Petter Andreas Bergh is a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, where he is a member of the algebra group. He has a Cand.scient and a PhD in mathematics from NTNU.
- 2012- Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU
- 2010-2012 Associate Professor, NTNU
- 2007-2009 Postdoc position, NTNU
- 2006-2007 EU LieGrits Postdoc posititon, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- EU LieGrits personal postdoc grant (2006-2007): 200.000 NOK
- Norwegian Research Council research grant (2013-2016): 9.000.000 NOK, for funding three postdocs and one PhD student
- The 2010 prize for outstanding research from the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) On support varieties and tensor products for finite dimensional algebras. Journal of Algebra. vol. 547.
- (2019) Matrix factorizations for quantum complete intersections. Journal of Homotopy and Related Structures (JHRS). vol. 14 (4).
- (2018) Realizability and the Avrunin-Scott theorem for higher-order support varieties. Journal of Algebra and its Applications. vol. 17 (8).
- (2017) A Generalized Dade?s Lemma for Local Rings. Algebras and Representation Theory. vol. 21 (6).
- (2017) Hochschild homology and trivial extension algebras. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 145 (4).
- (2016) The morphism axiom for n-angulated categories. Theory and Applications of Categories. vol. 31.
- (2016) Higher n-angulations from local rings. Journal of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 93 (1).
- (2016) Complete intersections and equivalences with categories of matrix factorizations. Homology, Homotopy and Applications. vol. 18 (2).
- (2015) The Gorenstein defect category. Quarterly Journal of Mathematics. vol. 66 (2).
- (2014) On the existence of cluster tilting objects in triangulated categories. Journal of Algebra. vol. 417.
- (2014) Homological algebra modulo exact zero-divisors. Kyoto Journal of Mathematics. vol. 54 (4).
- (2014) On growth in minimal totally acyclic complexes. Journal of Commutative Algebra. vol. 6 (1).
- (2014) The negative side of cohomology for Calabi-Yau categories. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 46 (2).
- (2014) The gorenstein defect category. Quarterly Journal of Mathematics. vol. 66 (2).
- (2014) The Grothendieck group of an n-angulated category. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. vol. 218 (2).
- (2014) On the representation dimension of skew group algebras, wreath products and blocks of Hecke algebras. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. vol. 46 (1).
- (2013) On the vanishing of homology with modules of finite length. Mathematica Scandinavica. vol. 112 (1).
- (2013) Tate-Hochschild homology and cohomology of Frobenius algebras. Journal of Noncommutative Geometry. vol. 7 (4).
- (2013) The axioms for n-angulated categories. Algebraic and Geometric Topology. vol. 13 (4).
- (2012) HOCHSCHILD HOMOLOGY AND TRUNCATED CYCLES. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 140 (4).