Background and activities
Please visit my website: www.cuencagarcia.com
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Soil geochemical methods in archaeo-geophysics: Exploring a combined approach at sites in Scotland. Archaeological Prospection.
- (2018) THE SOIL SCIENCE & ARCHAEO-GEOPHYSICS ALLIANCE (SAGA): going beyond prospection. Research Ideas and Outcomes_RIO. vol. 4.
- (2017) Lime Burning in Clamp Kilns in Scotland's Western Central Belt: Primitive Industry or Simple but Perfectly Adequate Technology?. Industrial Archaeology Review.
- (2017) A Regional Approach to Ancient Urban Studies in Greece Through Multi-Settlement Geophysical Survey. Journal of Field Archaeology.
- (2017) Geochemical survey of soil samples from the archaeological site Dromolaxia-Vyzakia (Cyprus), by means of micro-XRF and statistical approaches. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports. vol. 11.
- (2015) A Satellite, Aerial and Low Altitude Approach for Ancient Greek Cities. ISAP News. vol. 42.
- (2015) Integrated geophysical and in-situ soil geochemical survey at Dromolaxia-Vizakia (Hala Sultan Tekke, Cyprus). Archaeologia Polona. vol. 53.
- (2015) Multi-component geophysical survey at the Classical Greek cities of Mantinea and Elis. Antiquity. vol. 89 (345).
- (2015) Towards an Integrated Remote Sensing Strategy for Revealing the Urban Details of the Hellenistic-Roman City of Demetrias, C. Greece. Archaeologia Polona. vol. 53.
- (2015) Cultural variations of the Neolithic landscape of Thessaly. Archaeologia Polona. vol. 53.
- (2015) Exposing the Urban Plan of the ancient city of Hyettos, Boeotia, Greece. Archaeologia Polona. vol. 53.
- (2015) How efficient is an integrative approach in archaeological geophysics? Comparative case studies from Neolithic settlements in Thessaly (Central Greece). Near Surface Geophysics. vol. 13.
- (2011) The SIMCA algorithm for processing ground-penetrating radar data and its use in locating foundations in demolished buildings. IEEE Radar Conference. Proceedings.
- (2019) COST Action SAGA (CA17131) ’The Soil Science & Archaeo-geophysics Alliance: going beyond prospection. European Geosciences Union (EGU). 2019. ISBN 9781510848511.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Opening a New Frontier in the Study of Neolithic Settlement Patterns of Eastern Thessaly, Greece. Communities, Landscapes and Interaction in Neolithic Greece. Proceedings of International Conference, Rethymno 29-30 May 2015.
- (2015) Inorganic Geochemical Methods in Archaeological Prospection. Best Practices of GeoInformatic Technologies for the Mapping of Archaeolandscapes.
- (2015) GPR: Theory and Practice in Archaeological Prospection. Best Practices of GeoInformatic Technologies for the Mapping of Archaeolandscapes.
- (2015) Revealing the urban features of the ancient Greek city of Mantineia through the employment of ground penetrating radar. 2015 8th International Workshop on Advanced Ground Penetrating Radar (IWAGPR).
- (2013) From the air to the atomic level of a ditch: integrating geophysical and geochemical survey methods at the prehistoric cropmark complex of Forteviot (Perthshire, Scotland). Archaeological Prospection. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference - Vienna.
- (2013) A 3D reconstruction algorithm for the location of foundations in demolished buildings. 2013 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Gothenburg, 8-12 April, 2013.