Charlie F. Thompson
Charlie F. Thompson (b. 1996) is a PhD candidate in public policy and administration at the Department of Sociology and Political Science. Thompson’s core research interests are the political organization of multifaceted policy matters (such as gambling, euthanasia, and drug policy), public administration and management, and organization studies focusing on modern organizational arrangements (temporal and partial organization). Thompson’s PhD project explores the dynamics of politics and administration, regulatory practices, and comparative dimensions across governance systems in the Nordic countries with a specific empircal focus on gambling policies. Thompson also coordinates research activities within the research group OPA and is a member of the interdisciplinary research group “Organization and Society” at ISS.
- POL1002 – Introduction to Political Science: Public Policy and Administration
- POL2017 – Specialization in Political Science: Public Policy and Administration
- POL2900 – Bachelor's Thesis Political Science
- POL3526 – Comparative Public Policy and Administration
- POL8526 – Comparative Public Policy and Administration
- ODA3901 – Master's Thesis in Organization, Digitalization, Administration and Work
Academic lectureThompson, Charlie F.. (2022) Ace of Spades: Restrictive Gambling Arrangements in a Governance Era. Nasjonal fagkonferanse i statsvitenskap . Universitetet i Oslo; Oslo. 2022-06-15 - 2022-06-17.
Academic lectureThompson, Charlie F.. (2022) Ace of Spades: The Norwegian Gambling Monopoly in a Governance Era. IRSPM Conference 2022 . IRSPM; 2022-04-19 - 2022-04-22.
Academic lectureThompson, Charlie Fjellvær. (2021) Monopolets utholdenhet - innsikter fra pengespillpolitikk i Norge. NEON-konferansen . NEON; Lillehammer. 2021-11-25 - 2021-11-26.