Background and activities
- Professor Marine Engineering
- Mathematical Modeling and simulation of machinery systems
- Modelling of physical systems using bond graph methodology
- Thermofluid and thermodynamic systems modeling
- Engineering dynamics and vibration, rotordynamics
- Internal combustion engines and engine auxilliary systems
- Marine Electric Hybrid Power Plants
- Distributed simulations and co-simulation
- TMR4275 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- TMR4222 Marine Machinery and Maintenance
- TMR4310 Marine Technology - Machinery
- TMR4335 Marine Technology - Propulsion systems, safety and environment
- TMR21 Marine mechatronics (3.75 module)
- MR8405 Modeling and simulation of machinery systems (PhD-course)
- Industrial PhD-projects
- PhD-student Jone Torsvik (Equinor) (2020)
- PhD-student Pramod Ghimire (Kongsberg Digital)
- Ship Propulsion Dynamics and Emissions
- PhD-student Sadi Tavakoli (2021)
- SFI Smart Maritime (SmartMaritime)
- PhD-student Yuan Tian
- PhD-student Kamyar Maleki
- PhD-student Jørgen B Nielsen (2019)
- PhD-student Vladimir Krivipolianskij
- PhD-student Endre Sandvik (co-superviser)
- PostDoc Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø
- Virtual Prototyping of Marine Systems (ViProMa)
- PhD-student: Stian Skjong (2017)
- PostDoc Severin Sadjina
- D2V - Design to Verification of Control Systems for Safe and Energy-Efficient Ships with Hybrid Power Plants
- PhD-student Kevin Koosup Yum (2017)
- PhD-student Michel Rejani Miyazaki (co-supervisor)
- PhD-student Børge Rokseth (co-supervisor) (2018)
- LEEDS - Low Energy and Emission Design of Ships
- PhD-student Dig Vijay Singh
- PhD-student Thorat Laxminarayan (co-supervisor)
- Vessel Power Systems Design Decision Support using advanced Mathematical Modelling analysis
- PhD-student Anna Swider (industrial PhD-student) (2018)
- Heave compensatin crane modeling and design
- PhD-student Chu Yingguang
- Bond graphs in rotordynamics
- No positions available currently
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Dynamic modeling, simulation, and testing of a marine DC hybrid power system. IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification. vol. 7 (2).
- (2021) Fuel consumption and emission reduction of marine lean-burn gas engine employing a hybrid propulsion concept. International Journal of Engine Research.
- (2021) Influence of Turbocharger Inertia and Air Throttle on Marine Gas Engine Response. Journal of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer (JFFHMT). vol. 8.
- (2021) Strategies on Methane Slip Mitigation of Spark-Ignition Natural Gas Engine during Transient Motion. SAE technical paper series.
- (2021) Unburned Hydrocarbon Formation in a Natural Gas Engine Under Sea Wave Load Conditions. Journal of Marine Science and Technology. vol. 26.
- (2020) Dynamics of luffing motion of a flexible knuckle boom crane actuated by hydraulic cylinders. Mechanism and Machine Theory. vol. 143.
- (2020) Dynamic Modeling and Real-Time Simulation of a Ship Hybrid Power System Using a Mixed-Modeling Approach. IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC).
- (2020) The importance of the engine-propeller model accuracy on the performance prediction of a marine propulsion system in the presence of waves. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 103.
- (2020) Operational sea passage scenario generation for virtual testing of ships using an optimization for simulation approach. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2020) Modeling and analysis of performance and emissions of marine lean-burn natural gas engine propulsion in waves. Applied Energy. vol. 279.
- (2020) On the modeling of rotors with rolling element bearings using bond graph. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 473.
- (2019) Model Predictive Control of Marine Power Plants with Gas Engines and Battery. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Shipboard Electric Power Conversion: System Architecture, Applications, Control, and Challenges. IEEE Electrification Magazine. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) A system approach to selective catalytic reduction deNOx monolithic reactor modelling using bond graphs. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 233 (2).
- (2019) Impact of simulation model fidelity and simulation method on ship operational performance evaluation in sea passage scenarios. Ocean Engineering. vol. 188.
- (2019) Improving pre-turbine selective catalytic reduction systems in marine two-stroke diesel engines using hybrid turbocharging: A numerical study of selective catalytic reduction operation range and system fuel efficiency. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M).
- (2019) Distributed Co-Simulation of Maritime Systems and Operations. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 141 (1).
- (2019) Energy conservation and coupling error reduction in non-iterative co-simulations. Engineering with Computers.
- (2019) On the numerical stability in dynamical distributed simulations. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. vol. 163.
- (2019) Application of data-driven models in the analysis of marine power systems. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 92.