Background and activities
- Professor Marine Engineering
- Mathematical Modeling and simulation of machinery systems
- Modelling of physical systems using bond graph methodology
- Thermofluid and thermodynamic systems modeling
- Engineering dynamics and vibration, rotordynamics
- Internal combustion engines and engine auxilliary systems
- Marine Electric Hybrid Power Plants
- Distributed simulations and co-simulation
- TMR4275 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- TMR4222 Marine Machinery and Maintenance
- TMR4310 Marine Technology - Machinery
- TMR4335 Marine Technology - Propulsion systems, safety and environment
- TMR21 Marine mechatronics (3.75 module)
- MR8405 Modeling and simulation of machinery systems (PhD-course)
- Industrial PhD-projects
- PhD-student Pramod Ghimire (Kongsberg Digital)
- SFI Smart Maritime (SmartMaritime)
- PdH-student Jørgen B Nielsen
- PhD-student Vladimir Krivipolianskij
- PhD-student Endre Sandvik (co-superviser)
- PostDoc Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø
- One position open
- Virtual Prototyping of Marine Systems (ViProMa)
- PhD-student: Stian Skjong
- PostDoc Severin Sadjina
- D2V - Design to Verification of Control Systems for Safe and Energy-Efficient Ships with Hybrid Power Plants
- PhD-student Kevin Koosup Yum
- PhD-student Michel Rejani Miyazaki (co-supervisor)
- PhD-student Børge Rokseth (co-supervisor)
- LEEDS - Low Energy and Emission Design of Ships
- PhD-student Dig Vijay Singh
- PhD-student Thorat Laxminarayan (co-supervisor)
- Vessel Power Systems Design Decision Support using advanced Mathematical Modelling analysis
- PhD-student Anna Swider (industrial PhD-student)
- Heave compensatin crane modeling and design
- PhD-student Chu Yingguang
- Bond graphs in rotordynamics
- No positions available currently
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Model Predictive Control of Marine Power Plants with Gas Engines and Battery. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) A system approach to selective catalytic reduction deNOx monolithic reactor modelling using bond graphs. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 233 (2).
- (2019) Distributed Co-Simulation of Maritime Systems and Operations. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 141 (1).
- (2019) On the numerical stability in dynamical distributed simulations. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. vol. 163.
- (2019) Comparison of Delayless Digital Filtering Algorithms and Their Application to Multi-Sensor Signal Processing. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control. vol. 41 (8).
- (2019) Data-Driven Methodology for the Analysis of Operational Profile and the Quantification of Electrical Power Variability on Marine Vessels. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. vol. 34 (2).
- (2018) Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations of Nonlinear Sloshing in a Rotating Rectangular Tank Using the Level Set Method. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140 (6).
- (2018) On the modelling of heat exchangers and heat exchanger network dynamics using bond graphs. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 24 (6).
- (2018) Main bearings in large offshore wind turbines: development trends, design and analysis requirements. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 1037 (4).
- (2017) Modeling of Generic Offshore Vessel in Crane Operations With Focus on Strong Rigid Body Connections. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 42 (4).
- (2017) Energy conservation and power bonds in co-simulations: non-iterative adaptive step size control and error estimation. Engineering with Computers. vol. 33 (3).
- (2017) A real-time simulator framework for marine power plants with weak power grids. Mechatronics (Oxford). vol. 47.
- (2017) Non-angular MPC-based Thrust Allocation Algorithm for Marine Vessels - A Study of Optimal Thruster Commands. IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification. vol. 3 (3).
- (2017) Virtual Prototyping of Maritime Systems and Operations: Applications of Distributed Co-Simulations. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2017) Towards Safer, Smarter and Greener Ships Using Hybrid Marine Power Plants. IEEE Electrification Magazine. vol. Sept.
- (2017) An Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Cyclic Transient Loads on a Turbocharged Diesel Engine. Applied Energy. vol. 185 (1).
- (2017) Simulation of a two-stroke diesel engine for propulsion in waves. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. vol. 9 (4).
- (2016) Hybrid modeling of strategic loading of a marine hybrid power plant with experimental validation. IEEE Access. vol. 4.
- (2016) A review of waste heat recovery technologies for maritime applications. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 111.
- (2016) Model-based control designs for offshore hydraulic winch systems. Ocean Engineering. vol. 121.