Background and activities
Elena Celledoni has been employed at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2004. She is a professor of mathematics since 2009. She is a member of the group of differential equations and numerical analysis.
She received her Master degree in mathematics from the University of Trieste in 1993, and her Ph.D in computational mathematics from the University of Padua, Italy, 1997. She held post doc positions at the University of Cambridge, UK, at the
Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, California and at NTNU.
Her research field is in numerical analysis and in particular structure preserving algorithms for differential equations and geometric numerical integration.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) ENERGY-PRESERVING INTEGRATORS APPLIED TO NONHOLONOMIC SYSTEMS. Journal of nonlinear science.
- (2019) Geometric and integrability properties of Kahan's method. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical.
- (2019) Krylov projection methods for linear Hamiltonian systems. Numerical Algorithms.
- (2019) Three classes of quadratic vector fields for which the Kahan discretization is the root of a generalised Manin transformation. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical.
- (2018) Dissipative numerical schemes on Riemannian manifolds with applications to gradient flows. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing. vol. 40 (6).
- (2018) Energy preserving methods on Riemannian manifolds. arXiv.org.
- (2018) Shape analysis on homogeneous spaces: a generalised SRVT framework. Abel Symposia. vol. 13.
- (2018) Passivity-preserving splitting methods for rigid body systems. Multibody system dynamics. vol. 44 (3).
- (2018) A novel approach to rigid spheroid models in viscous flows using operator splitting methods. arXiv.org.
- (2017) Shape analysis on Lie groups and homogeneous manifolds. Proceedings of the GSI conference 2017.
- (2017) Shape analysis on lie groups and homogeneous spaces. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10589 LNCS.
- (2017) Energy-Preserving and Passivity-Consistent Numerical Discretization of Port-Hamiltonian Systems. arXiv.org.
- (2016) Shape analysis on Lie groups with application in computer animation. Journal of Geometric Mechanics (JGM). vol. 8 (3).
- (2016) The averaged Lagrangian method. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. vol. 316.
- (2016) High Order Semi-Lagrangian Methods for the Incompressible Navier–Stokes Equations. Journal of Scientific Computing. vol. 66 (1).
- (2016) Two classes of quadratic vector fields for which the Kahan discretization is integrable. MI Lecture Note, Kyushu University. vol. 74.
- (2016) Two classes of quadratic vector fields for which the Kahan discretization is completely integrable MI Lecture Note Vol.74 : Kyushu University. MI Lecture Note, Kyushu University. vol. 74.
- (2015) Discretization of polynomial vector fields by polarization. Proceedings of the Royal Society. Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 471:20150390.
- (2015) Splitting methods for controlled vessel offshore operations. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1648.
- (2014) An introduction to Lie group integrators - basics, new developments and applications. Journal of Computational Physics. vol. 257, Part B.