Background and activities
I have an MSc in Psychology from the University of Reading, UK (2003) and a PhD in Psychology from NTNU (2009). My research interests revolve around the role played by emotions and coping at work, and I have been involved in research projects on organizational change, artistic interventions at work, sickness presence/absence, and work adjustment for employees with mental health issues. Recently I have been particularly interested in how organizations driven by environmentally values and practices, including activist organizations and networks, can be enabled and supported.
I am leading the "Greening Organizations" research group:
I am also involved in the four-year KLIMAFORSK project MEATigation: Towards Sustainable meat-use in Norwegian food practices for climate mitigation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Choral singing as an arts-based organisational intervention: A qualitative study of employees’ experiences. Arts and Health. vol. 9 (1).
- (2016) Why hospital physicians attend work while ill? The spiralling effect of positive and negative factors. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 16:548 (1).
- (2015) Evolving emotional experiences following organizational change: a longitudinal qualitative study. Qualitative research in organization and management. vol. 10 (2).
- (2014) Specific demands and resources in the career of the Norwegian freelance musician. Arts and Health. vol. 6 (3).
- (2013) Psychologists authorizing sick leave - Potential opportunities and challenges. Nordic Psychology. vol. 65 (1).
- (2012) Mellomleders rolle i en omstillingsprosess. Psykologisk tidsskrift. vol. 16 (3).
- (2010) Negative experiences of organizational change from an emotions perspective: A qualitative study of the Norwegian nursing sector. Nordic Psychology. vol. 62 (1).
- (2009) Looking Forwards and Back: Exploring Anticipative Versus Retrospective Emotional Change-Experiences. Journal of Change Management. vol. 9 (4).
- (2007) Endring på arbeidsplassen - lederes redsel for de ansattes følelser. Magma - Tidsskrift for økonomi og ledelse. vol. 10 (5).
- (2007) Understanding emotional responses to anticipated change: the case of introducing electronic care plans in hospitals. International Journal of Work Organisation and Emotion. vol. 2 (1).
- (2006) Omstillingsprosjekter på arbeidsplassen : hva har følelser med saken å gjøre?. Magma - Tidsskrift for økonomi og ledelse. vol. 9 (05.jun).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Tilrettelegging for en meningsfylt arbeidssituasjon - et tveegget sverd?. Arbeidshelsepsykologi på norsk.
- (2013) Building Healthy Organizations Through Music and Culture Interventions. Salutogenic Organizations and Change. The concepts behind organizational health intervention research.
- (2011) Omstilling og emosjoner: Hva kan man forvente av de ansatte, og hvordan bør ledelsen forholde seg?. Arbeids- og organisasjonspsykologi - Aktuelle tema til inspirasjon for et bedre arbeidsliv.
- (2009) Understanding the Emotional Experience of Organizational Change. Prerequisites for healthy organisational change / Saksvik, Per Øystein, ed.
- (2009) Understanding the Emotional Experience of Organizational Change. Prerequisites for Healthy Organizational Change.
- (2006) Emotional ambivalence during change : the case of the introduction of electronic care plans. British Psychological Society, Occupational Psychology Conference, Proceedings.
- (2015) High performers: Intervention through identity construction?. EAWOP . EAWOP; Oslo. 2015-05-20 - 2015-05-23.
- (2015) Job crafting: A double-edged sword? The case of sickness presence among hospital physicians. EAWOP . EAWOP; Oslo. 2015-05-20 - 2015-05-23.
- (2015) Why do hospital physicians attend work when ill? The HOUPE study. Nordic Research on Health and Working conditions of the medical profession . Legeforeningens forskningsinstitutt; Oslo. 2015-01-26 - 2015-01-27.
- (2013) Utilization of countervailing interventions to promote well-being and health. EAWOP 2013 . EAWOP; München. 2013-05-23 - 2013-05-26.
- (2013) Evaluating The Sound of Well-being. Work, Stress and Health 2013 . American Psychological Association; Los Angeles. 2013-05-17 - 2013-05-19.
- (2013) Project “Evaluation of the Sound of Well-Being”. SEMPRE International Conference "Setting the tempo" . SEMPRE; Folkestone. 2013-04-19 - 2013-04-20.
- (2012) Understanding the complexity of evolving emotional change-experiences. EGOS ; Helsinki. 2012-07-05 - 2012-07-07.
- (2006) Emotional ambivalence during change : the case of the introduction of electronic care plans. British Psychological Society. Occupational Psychology Annual Conference ; Glasgow. 2006-01-11 - 2006-01-13.
- (2006) Omstillingsprosesser i organisasjoner: Hva har følelser med saken å gjøre ?. Norsk psykologikongress ; Oslo. 2006-08-31 - 2006-08-31.
- (2005) Nurses` emotional ambivalence towards the introduction of electronic care plans. First international conference of Work organisation and Emotion ; London. 2005-09-23 - 2005-09-23.