Fredrik Hjulstad Bækkerud
Background and activities
Tasks in Søknadshjelpen:
- Advise on what organizations and calls you can apply to for external funding
- Review of grant applications
- Courses and workshopps in grant writing
- Administrating the faculties eRA Commons account for applications to the National Institute of Health (USA)
My background is in exercise physiology with a masters degree from NTNU. In 2019 I finished my PhD thesis in molecular medicine where I looked at the effects of exercise on mitochondrial function in cardiovascular diseases.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Effect of exercise training for five years on all cause mortality in older adults-The Generation 100 study: Randomised controlled trial. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 371.
- (2019) High intensity interval training ameliorates mitochondrial dysfunction in the left ventricle of mice with type 2 diabetes. Cardiovascular Toxicology. vol. 19 (5).
- (2018) Acute exercise is not cardioprotective and may induce apoptotic signalling in heart surgery: a randomized controlled trial. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2017) Exercise Training Reverses Extrapulmonary Impairments in Smoke-exposed Mice. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (5).
- (2017) Exercise training reveals inflexibility of the diaphragm in an animal model of patients with obesity-driven heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). vol. 6 (10).
- (2016) Comparison of three popular exercise modalities on VO2max in overweight and obese. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 48 (3).
- (2015) Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction induces molecular, mitochondrial, histological, and functional alterations in rat respiratory and limb skeletal muscle. European Journal of Heart Failure. vol. 17 (3).
- (2015) How to Be 80 Year Old and Have a VO2max of a 35 Year Old. Case Reports in Medicine.
- (2015) Role of KATP channels in beneficial effects of exercise in ischemic heart failure. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (12).
- (2012) Total Hemoglobin Mass, Erythrocyte Volume and VO2max in Overweight and Normal Weight Healthy Subjects. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.