Background and activities
My research focuses on improvement of indoor airflow distribution and creation of a health indoor environment. It aims to provide a better understanding on how different factors will affect and change the indoor environment quality. My research involves:
- ventilation and airflow distribution
- protected zone ventilation
- thermal comfort
- prevention of personal exposure
- indoor environment quality
- Professor at NTNU, Norway [Oct. 2014 -
- Visiting Scholar at The University of Texas at Austin, USA [Oct. 2013 - Oct. 2014]
- Post-doctoral visiting researcher, Aalborg University, Denmark [May - July 2013]
- Post-doctoral visiting researcher, Aalto University, Finland [Feb. - April 2013]
- Post-doctoral visiting researcher, Aachen University, Germany [Nov. 2012 - Jan. 2013]
- Post-doctoral visiting researcher, The University of Reading, UK [Sep. - Oct. 2012]
- Senior Scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland [Oct. 2009 - Oct. 2014]
- Ph.D from Helsinki University of Technology, Finland, title: ‘‘Modelling of Attached Plane Jet in a Room’’ 
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Evaluation of airborne contaminant exposure in a single-bed isolation ward equipped with a protected occupied zone ventilation system. Indoor and Built Environment. vol. 28 (8).
- (2019) CFD study of the air distribution and occupant draught sensation in a patient ward equipped with protected zone ventilation. Building and Environment. vol. 162.
- (2019) Laminar airflow and mixing ventilation: Which is better for operating room airflow distribution near an orthopedic surgical patient?. American Journal of Infection Control. vol. 47 (7).
- (2019) Indoor airflow interactions with symmetrical and asymmetrical heat load distributions under diffuse ceiling ventilation. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. vol. 25 (6).
- (2018) Do surgeons and surgical facilities disturb the clean air distribution close to a surgical patient in an orthopedic operating room with laminar airflow?. American Journal of Infection Control. vol. 46 (10).
- (2017) Impact of surgical lights on the velocity distribution and airborne contamination level in an operating room with laminar airflow system. Building and Environment. vol. 126.
- (2017) Dynamic interaction of a downward plane jet and a cough jet with respect to particle transmission: An analytical and experimental study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. vol. 14 (8).
- (2017) Experimental study of the transverse diffusion of pollutants through a downward plane jet in a room. The International Journal of Ventilation. vol. 17 (2).
- (2017) Indoor air pollutants, ventilation rate determinants and potential control strategies in Chinese dwellings: A literature review. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 586.
- (2016) Identifying key design parameters of the integrated energy system for a residential Zero Emission Building in Norway. Renewable Energy. vol. 87.
- (2015) Characterizing the dynamic interactions and exposure implications of a particle- laden cough jet with different room airflow regimes produced by low and high momentum jets. Aerosol and Air Quality Research. vol. 15 (5).
- (2015) Energy cost models for air supported sports hall in cold climates considering energy efficiency. Renewable Energy. vol. 84.
- (2014) A review of the performance of different ventilation and airflow distribution systems in buildings. Building and Environment. vol. 73.
- (2014) You have full text access to this content Protected zone ventilation and reduced personal exposure to airborne cross-infection. Indoor Air: International Journal of Indoor Environment and Health. vol. 25 (3).
- (2014) Modelling and experimental study of performance of the protected occupied zone ventilation. Energy and Buildings. vol. 68.
- (2013) Experimental study of the effect of turbulence intensities on the maximum velocity decay of an attached plane jet. Energy and Buildings. vol. 65.
- (2011) Simulation of the heating performance of the Kang system in one Chinese detached house using biomass. Energy and Buildings. vol. 43 (1).
- (2011) Modelling and simulation of the near-wall velocity of a turbulent ceiling attached plane jet after its impingement with the corner. Building and Environment. vol. 46 (2).
- (2010) PIV measurement of the attached plane jet velocity field at a high turbulence intensity level in a room. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. vol. 31 (5).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Assessment of the Effects of Using Wood Stoves on Indoor Air Quality in Two Types of Norwegian Houses. Cold Climate HVAC 2018 - Sustainable Buildings in Cold Climates.