Background and activities
My research focuses on improvement of indoor airflow distribution and creation of a health indoor environment. It aims to provide a better understanding on how different factors will affect and change the indoor environment quality. My research involves:
- ventilation and airflow distribution in hospitals
- protected zone ventilation
- thermal comfort
- prevention of personal exposure
- indoor environment quality in operating rooms
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Estimating the impact of indoor relative humidity on SARS-CoV-2 airborne transmission risk using a new modification of the Wells-Riley model. Building and Environment. vol. 205.
- (2021) Ventilation design conditions associated with airborne bacteria levels within the wound area during surgical procedures: a systematic review. Journal of Hospital Infection. vol. 113.
- (2021) Influence of the surgical team activity on airborne bacterial distribution in the operating room with mixing ventilation system: A case study at St. Olavs Hospital. Journal of Hospital Infection. vol. 116.
- (2021) Experimental and simulated evaluations of airborne contaminant exposure in a room with a modified localized laminar airflow system. Environmental science and pollution research international. vol. 28.
- (2021) Analysis of electricity use and economic impacts for buildings with electric heating under lockdown conditions: examples for educational buildings and residential buildings in Norway. Sustainable Cities and Society (SCS). vol. 74.
- (2021) Suitability evaluation on laminar airflow and mixing airflow distribution strategies in operating rooms: A case study at St. Olavs Hospital. Building and Environment. vol. 194.
- (2021) Infection probability under different air distribution patterns. Building and Environment.
- (2021) BIM Integrated LCA for Promoting Circular Economy towards Sustainable Construction: An Analytical Review. Sustainability. vol. 13 (3).
- (2020) Experimental measurements of surgical microenvironments in two operating rooms with laminar airflow and mixing ventilation systems. Energy and Built Environment (EBE). vol. 2 (2).
- (2020) Experimental study of the interaction between thermal plumes and human breathing in an undisturbed indoor environment. Energy and Buildings. vol. 207.
- (2020) Experimental research on effectiveness of personalized ventilation in sleep environment of an infant. Journal of HV&AC. vol. 7.
- (2020) Operating room ventilation and the risk of revision due to infection after total hip arthroplasty: assessment of validated data in the Norwegian Arthroplasty Register. Journal of Hospital Infection.
- (2020) Can CO2 sensors in the ventilation system of a pool facility help reduce the variability in the trihalomethane concentration observed in indoor air?. Environment International. vol. 138 (105665).
- (2020) Natural heat transfer air-conditioning terminal device and its system configuration for ultra-low energy buildings. Renewable Energy. vol. 154.
- (2020) Thermal and flow resistance characteristics of a parallel-pipe type natural heat transfer air-conditioning terminal device for nearly zero energy buildings. Indoor and Built Environment. vol. 29 (9).
- (2020) Experimental study on the effect of exhaust airflows on the surgical environment in an operating room with mixing ventilation. Journal of Building Engineering. vol. 32.
- (2020) A Simple and Novel Method to Predict the Hospital Energy Use Based on Machine Learning: A Case Study in Norway. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 1332.
- (2020) The impact of air change rate on the air quality of surgical microenvironment in an operating room with mixing ventilation. Journal of Building Engineering. vol. 32:101770.
- (2020) Ventilation in low energy residences – a survey on code requirements, implementation barriers and operational challenges from seven European countries. The International Journal of Ventilation.
- (2019) Evaluation of airborne contaminant exposure in a single-bed isolation ward equipped with a protected occupied zone ventilation system. Indoor and Built Environment. vol. 28 (8).