Background and activities
Various projects concerning soil modelling. This includes:
Modelling and understanding creep in soft clays and other aspects of soil behaviour.
Development and implementation of a number of soil models, including the NGI-ADP model that is now part of a commercial finite element program (www.plaxis.nl).
Progressive failure in sensitive clays. This includes:
Work with the implementation of a regularisation technique for modelling of brittle material behaviour in finite element calculations
Back calculations to landslides involving quick clay
- TBA4105 - Geotechnics, Design Methods
- TBA4511 - Geotechnical Engineering, Specialization Project
- BA6063 - EVU Geotechnical Engineering 1
- BA8301 - Marine Geotechnical Engineering
- BA6064 - EVU Geotechnical Engineering 2
- TBM4241 - Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geotechnics
- TBA5150 - Geohazards and Risk
- BA8304 - Soil Modelling
- TBA4116 - Geotechnical Engineering, Advanced Course
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) On the isotache viscous modelling of clay behaviour using the hyperplasticity approach. Géotechnique.
- (2022) Prediction of embankment settlement on Swedish peat using the soft soil creep model. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers : Geotechnical Engineering.
- (2022) Strain localisation in sensitive clays: can rate dependency provide mesh independent results?. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 145.
- (2021) Effect of Strength Anisotropy on the Stability of Natural Slopes. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 710.
- (2021) Numerical modelling of distinct ice lenses in frost heave. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 710.
- (2021) Investigation of Development of the Earth Pressure Coefficient at Rest in Clay During Creep in the Framework of Hyper-Viscoplasticity. International Journal of Geomechanics. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Transport coefficients and pressure conditions for growth of ice lens in frozen soil. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 16 (7).
- (2021) Pore pressure coefficient in frozen soils. Géotechnique.
- (2021) Pore-water pressure development in a frozen saline clay under isotropic loading and undrained shearing. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 16.
- (2020) Modelling creep in clay using the framework of hyper-viscoplasticity. Géotechnique Letters. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) Comparison of Geoacoustic Models for Unfrozen Water Content Estimation. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Solid Earth. vol. 125 (10).
- (2020) A macro model for shallow foundations on granular soils describing non-linear foundation behavior. Computers & structures. vol. 232.
- (2019) Relations and links between soil mechanics, porous media physics, physiochemical theory, and effective medium theory. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7:41.
- (2019) A macro-element model for multidirectional cyclic lateral loading of monopiles in clay. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 106.
- (2018) A macro-element pile foundation model for integrated analyses of monopile-based offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 167.
- (2018) A macro-element for integrated time domain analyses representing bucket foundations for offshore wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 59.
- (2017) A continuum model of large deformation continuous ductile ice crushing. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2017) Creep of geomaterials – some finding from the EU project CREEP. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering (EJECE). vol. 26 (7).
- (2017) Testing and modeling of cyclically loaded rock anchors. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 9 (6).
- (2016) An elastic-viscoplastic model for saturated frozen soils. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering (EJECE). vol. 26 (7).