Antonius T. J. van Helvoort
Background and activities
Field of expertise
- Electron microscopy, especially transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- Electron diffraction and spectroscopy (EELS and EDS)
- Advanced TEM data processing
- Focus ion beam (FIB)
- Nanotechnology and nanomaterials
- Solid state physics
- Semiconductor nanowires
- TFY4330 Nanoverktøy
- TFY4255 Materials Physics
- TFY4330 Nanotools
- TFY14/FY3114 Functional Materials
- FY8102 Electron Microscopy and diffraction
- TFY4853 EIT_Nanoteknologi
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Determination of GaAs zinc blende/wurtzite band offsets utilizing GaAs nanowires with an axial GaAsSb insert. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 122 (24).
- (2017) Growth study of self-assembled GaN nanocolumns on silica glass by plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 480.
- (2017) Evaluating focused ion beam patterning for position-controlled nanowire growth using computer vision. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 902 (1).
- (2016) Effect of V/III ratio on the structural and optical properties of self-catalysed GaAs nanowires. Nanotechnology. vol. 27 (44).
- (2016) In situ electronic probing of semiconducting nanowires in an electron microscope. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 262 (2).
- (2016) In situ heat-induced replacement of GaAs Nanowires with Au. Nano Letters. vol. 16 (5).
- (2016) Vertically Oriented Growth of GaN Nanorods on Si Using Graphene as an Atomically Thin Buffer Layer. Nano Letters. vol. 16 (6).
- (2016) New Insights into the Origins of Sb-Induced Effects on Self-Catalyzed GaAsSb Nanowire Arrays. Nano Letters. vol. 16 (2).
- (2016) Atomic resolution imaging of beryl: an investigation of the nano-channel occupation. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 265 (2).
- (2015) Rectifying Single GaAsSb Nanowire Devices Based on Self-Induced Compositional Gradients. Nano Letters. vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) Rapid estimation of catalyst nanoparticle morphology and atomic-coordination by high-resolution Z-contrast electron microscopy. Nano Letters. vol. 14 (11).
- (2014) Erratum: Near-surface depletion of antimony during the growth of GaAsSb and GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires (Journal of Applied Physics (2014)116 (144303)). Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 116 (23).
- (2014) Near-surface depletion of antimony during the growth of GaAsSb and GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 116 (14).
- (2014) Position-Controlled Uniform GaAs Nanowires on Silicon using Nanoimprint Lithography. Nano Letters. vol. 14 (2).
- (2014) Tunability in Crystallinity and Magnetic Properties of Core–Shell Fe Nanoparticles. Particle & Particle Systems Characterization. vol. 31.
- (2013) Comparison of Be-doped GaAs nanowires grown by Au- and Ga-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 378.
- (2013) Compositional characterization of GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires by quantitative HAADF-STEM. Micron. vol. 44.
- (2013) Compositional analysis of GaAs/AlGaAs heterostructures using quantitative scanning transmission electron microscopy. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 103 (23).
- (2013) Crystal phase engineering in self-catalyzed GaAs and GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires grown on Si(111). Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 372.
- (2013) The effects of Sb concentration variation on the optical properties of GaAsSb/GaAs heterostructured nanowires. Semiconductor Science and Technology. vol. 28 (11).
- (2012) A Story Told by a Single Nanowire: Optical Properties of Wurtzite GaAs. Nano Letters. vol. 12 (12).
- (2012) Vertically Aligned GaAs Nanowires on Graphite and Few-Layer Graphene: Generic Model and Epitaxial Growth. Nano Letters. vol. 12 (9).
- (2011) Electron energy loss spectroscopy investigation of Pb and Ti hybridization with O at the PbTiO3/SrTiO3 interface. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 109 (3).
- (2011) Correlated micro-photoluminescence and electron microscopy studies of the same individual heterostructured semiconductor nanowires. Nanotechnology. vol. 22 (32).
- (2010) Engineering Parallel and Perpendicular Polarized Photoluminescence from a Single Semiconductor Nanowire by Crystal Phase Control. Nano Letters. vol. 10 (8).
- (2010) Polarization control in ferroelectric PbTiO3 nanorods. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 108 (12).
- (2009) Easy Route to Superhydrophobic Copper-Based Wire-Guided Droplet Microfluidic Systems. ACS Nano. vol. 3 (9).
- (2008) Comparison of TEM specimen preparation of perovskite thin films by tripod polishing and conventional ion milling. Journal of Electron Microscopy. vol. 57 (6).
- (2007) The effect of Cu on precipitation in Al-Mg-Si alloys. Philosophical Magazine. vol. 87.
- (2007) Self-assembled growth of PbTiO3 nanoparticles into microspheres and bur-like structures. Chemistry of Materials. vol. 19.
- (2006) Anodic bonding. International Materials Reviews. vol. 51 (5).
- (2005) Imaging of out-of-plane interfacial strain in epitaxial PbTiO3/SrTiO3 thin films. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 86.