Antonius T. J. van Helvoort
Background and activities
Field of expertise
- Electron microscopy, especially transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- Electron diffraction and spectroscopy (EELS and EDS)
- Advanced TEM data processing
- Focus ion beam (FIB)
- Nanotechnology and nanomaterials
- Solid state physics
- Semiconductor nanowires
- TFY4330 Nanoverktøy
- TFY4255 Materials Physics
- TFY4330 Nanotools
- TFY14/FY3114 Functional Materials
- FY8102 Electron Microscopy and diffraction
- TFY4853 EIT_Nanoteknologi
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Contact-free reversible switching of improper ferroelectric domains by electron and ion irradiation. APL Materials. vol. 9.
- (2020) Observation of Unconventional Dynamics of Domain Walls in Uniaxial Ferroelectric Lead Germanate. Advanced Functional Materials. vol. 30 (21).
- (2020) Conductivity control via minimally invasive anti-Frenkel defects in a functional oxide. Nature Materials. vol. 19.
- (2020) Selective area grown ZnTe nanowires as the basis for quasi-one-dimensional CdTe-HgTe multishell heterostructures. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 4 (6).
- (2020) Application of a long short-term memory for deconvoluting conductance contributions at charged ferroelectric domain walls. npj Computational Materials. vol. 6.
- (2020) Characterization of ferroelectric domain walls by scanning electron microscopy. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 128.
- (2020) SiC crystalline micro bullets on bio-carbon based charcoal substrate. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 545.
- (2020) Processing and indexing of electron backscatter patterns using open-source software. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 891.
- (2019) Nanocrystal segmentation in scanning precession electron diffraction data. Journal of Microscopy.
- (2019) Unsupervised machine learning applied to scanning precession electron diffraction data. Advanced Structural and Chemical Imaging. vol. 5 (3).
- (2019) FIB lift-out of conducting ferroelectric domain walls in hexagonal manganites. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 115 (12).
- (2019) Epitaxially grown III-arsenide-antimonide nanowires for optoelectronic applications. Nanotechnology. vol. 30 (29).
- (2019) Stabilisation of amorphous calcium phosphate in polyethylene glycol hydrogels. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 90.
- (2019) Scanning Precession Electron Diffraction to aid Aluminum Alloy Development. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 25.
- (2019) Crystallographic relationships of T-/S-phase aggregates in an Al–Cu–Mg–Ag alloy. Acta Materialia. vol. 166.
- (2019) In-situ observations of dislocation recovery and low angle boundary formation in deformed aluminium. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1270 (1).
- (2018) Structural Characterization of Natural Quartz by Scanning TEM. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 24.
- (2018) Using FIB-SEM as a Platform for the Positioning and Correlated Characterization of III-V Nanowires. Microscopy and Microanalysis. vol. 24.
- (2018) Selective area growth of AlGaN nanopyramid arrays on graphene by metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 133 (26).
- (2018) Single-mode near-infrared lasing in a GaAsSb-based nanowire superlattice at room temperature. Nano Letters. vol. 18 (4).