Background and activities
- TMAT201P - Internship
- MATV2001 - Food Chemistry 2
- TMMT5004 - Master Thesis in Food Science, Technology and sustainability
- MATV3006 - Bachelor Thesis
- TMAT2002 - Nutrition
- TMMT4007 - Risk Management and Food Safety
- TMMT5003 - Master Thesis in Food Science,Technology and sustainability
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Protein determination - Method matters. Foods. vol. 7.
- (2017) Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Activities in Extracts from Minke Whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata) Blubber. Mediators of Inflammation. vol. 2017.
- (2016) Preclinical and clinical studies on antioxidative, antihypertensive and cardioprotective effect of marine proteins and peptides - A review. Marine Drugs. vol. 14:211.
- (2016) Dietary intake of cod and scallop reduces atherosclerotic burden in female apolipoprotein E-deficient mice fed a Western-type high fat diet for 13 weeks. Nutrition & Metabolism. vol. 13 (8).
- (2016) Enzymatic pre-treatment increases the protein bioaccessibility and extractability in dulse (palmaria palmata). Marine Drugs. vol. 14:196 (11).
- (2015) ω-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular diseases: Effects, mechanisms and dietary relevance. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 16 (9).
- (2014) Effect of Gastrointestinal Protease Digestion on Bioactivity of Marine Peptides. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology: B. vol. 4.
- (2014) Proximate composition, antihypertensive and antioxidative properties of the semimembranosus muscle from pork and beef after cooking and in vitro digestion. Meat Science. vol. 96 (1).
- (2014) The potential of cod hydrolyzate to inhibit blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Nutrition Research. vol. 34 (2).
- (2013) Nutritional content and bioactive properties of wild and farmed cod (Gadus morhua L.) subjected to food preparation. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis. vol. 31 (2).
- (2013) Marine bioactive peptides from digestion and their relation to cardiovascular health promotion. Agro Food Industry Hi-Tech. vol. 24 (4).
- (2013) Detection of tropomyosin and determination of proteins in crustacean oils. Food Chemistry. vol. 141 (1).
- (2012) A Wax Ester and Astaxanthin-Rich Extract from the Marine Copepod Calanus finmarchicus Attenuates Atherogenesis in Female Apolipoprotein E-Deficient Mice. Journal of Nutrition. vol. 142 (3).
- (2012) Farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) is a good source of long chain omega-3 fatty acids. Nutrition Bulletin. vol. 37.
- (2009) Screening for antioxidants in Arctic marine organisms. Free radical research. vol. 43.
- (2009) Changes in Antioxidative Capacity of Saithe (Pollachius virens) and Shrimp (Pandalus borealis) during in Vitro Digestion. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. vol. 57 (22).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Fish: Dietary Importance and Health Effects. Encyclopedia of food and health.
- (2014) Taurine Content in Marine Foods: Beneficial Health Effects. Bioactive Compounds from Marine Foods: Plant and Animal Sources.
- (2013) Health Effects of Antioxidative and Antihypertensive Peptides from Marine Resources. Marine Proteins and Peptides - Biological activities and applications.
- (2012) Anticholesterolemic and Antiatherogenic Effects of Taurine supplementation is Model Dependent. Lipoproteins - Role in health and diseases.
- (2011) Cellular and chemical assays for discovery of novel antioxidants in marine organisms. Studies on experimental Models. Oxidative Stress in Applied and Basic Research and Clinical Practice.
- (2014) Health benefits of seafood consumption - with special focus on household preparations and bioactivity in animal models. 2014.
- (2010) Prosessering av sjømat – Endring i næringsinnhold, biotilgjengelighet og helseeffekter. 2010. ISBN 978-82-7251-813-3. Nofima rapportserie (36/2010).