Background and activities
Research group NTNU Nanomechanical Lab
Jianying He received her Ph.D. in Structural Engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in 2009. She has been an assistant professor at University of Science and Technology Beijing (2003-2006), a postdoctoral fellow at NTNU (2009-2011), an associate professor at NTNU (2011-2017), and since 2017, a professor in Nanomechanics at NTNU.
PhD (2009) Structural Engineering, NTNU, ‘Nanomechanics of Polymer and Composite Particles’
M.Sc. (2003) Materials Physics, University of Science and Technology Beijing
B.Sc. (2000) Materials Science, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Nanotechnology for petroleum engineering
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Discontinuous cracking of TiN films on a steel substrate induced by an adhesive interlayer. Philosophical Magazine Letters. vol. 99 (6).
- (2019) Substrate slip steps promote cracking and buckling of thin brittle film. Scripta Materialia. vol. 163.
- (2019) Understanding the role of hollow sub-surface structures in reducing ice adhesion strength. Soft Matter. vol. 15 (13).
- (2019) Magnetically Enhanced Mechanical Stability and Super-Size Effects in Self-Assembled Superstructures of Nanocubes. Advanced Functional Materials.
- (2019) Durable low ice adhesion foams modulated by submicron pores. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- (2019) CAFE based Multi-scale Modelling of Ductile-to-Brittle Transition of Steel with a Temperature Dependent Effective Surface Energy. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 755.
- (2019) The Need for Standards in Low Ice Adhesion Surface Research: A Critical Review. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology.
- (2019) The effect of ice type on ice adhesion. AIP Advances. vol. 9 (5).
- (2019) Effect of the Lüders plateau on ductile fracture with MBL model. European Journal of Mechanics. A, Solids. vol. 78.
- (2019) Experimental measurement of temperature-dependent equivalent stress-strain curves of a 420 MPa structural steel with axisymmetric notched tensile specimens. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 100.
- (2019) Stress-strain curves of metallic materials and post-necking strain hardening characterization: A Review. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures.
- (2019) Phase transition enabled durable anti-icing surfaces and its DIY design. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 360.
- (2019) Liquid layer generator for excellent icephobicity at extremely low temperature. Materials Horizons.
- (2019) Transportation of Janus Nanoparticles in Confined Nanochannels: A Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Environmental Science: Nano. vol. 6.
- (2019) Topology and polarity of dislocation cores dictate the strength of monolayer MoS2. Applied Materials Today. vol. 15.
- (2019) Enabling Sequential Rupture for Lowering Atomistic Ice Adhesion. Nanoscale. vol. 11.
- (2019) Hydrogen informed Gurson model for hydrogen embrittlement simulation. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 217:106542.
- (2019) Breathable Nanowood Biofilms as Guiding Layer for Green On‐Skin Electronics. Small. vol. 15 (31).
- (2019) Ultra-durable Icephobic Coating by Molecular pulley. Soft Matter. vol. 15.
- (2018) Resistance Analysis of Spherical Metal Thin Films Combining Van Der Pauw and Electromechanical Nanoindentation Methods. Journal of Electronic Materials. vol. 47 (11).
- (2018) Deformation and Fracture of Micron‐Sized Metal‐Coated Polymer Spheres: An In Situ Study. Advanced Engineering Materials. vol. 20 (7).
- (2018) Microgel Evolution at Three-Phase Contact Region and Associated Wettability Alteration. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 558.
- (2018) Local electrical properties of thermally grown oxide films formed on duplex stainless steel surfaces. Applied Surface Science. vol. 444.
- (2018) Cleavage cracking of ductile-metal substrates induced by brittle coating fracture. Acta Materialia. vol. 152.
- (2018) Adiponectin reduces bone stiffness; verified in a 3D artificial human bone model in vitro. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 9:236.
- (2018) Design and Preparation of Sandwich-Like Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Sponges with Super-Low Ice Adhesion. Soft Matter. vol. 14 (23).
- (2018) Focused ion beam milling of self-assembled magnetic superstructures: an approach to fabricate nanoporous materials with tunable porosity. Materials Horizons. vol. 5 (6).
- (2018) CS-AFM study on Pb-induced degradation of passive film on nickel-based alloy in high temperature and high pressure water. Corrosion Science. vol. 144.
- (2018) Constraint effect on the brittle-to-ductile transition of single-crystal iron induced by dislocation mobility. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 149.
- (2018) Competitive adsorption and diffusion of CH4/CO2 binary mixture within shale organic nanochannels. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 53.
- (2018) Frontiers in Applied Mechanics. Research Publishing Services. 2018. ISBN 9789811127298.
- (2018) A review on wetting and water condensation - perspectives for CO2 condensation. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 256.
- (2018) A method for determining material's equivalent stress-strain curve with any axisymmetric notched tensile specimens without Bridgman correction. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 135.
- (2018) Numerical study on the effect of the Lüders plateau on the ductile crack growth resistance of SENT specimens. International Journal of Fracture. vol. 214 (2).
- (2018) Study of low-temperature effect on the fracture locus of a 420-MPa structural steel with the edge tracing method. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures. vol. 41 (8).
- (2018) Displacement of Nanofluids in Silica Nanopores: Influenced by Wettability of Nanoparticles and Oil Components. Environmental Science: Nano. vol. 5 (11).
- (2018) Atomistic insights into the nanofluid transport through an ultra-confined capillary. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 20 (7).
- (2018) Grain-size Controlled Mechanical Properties of Polycrystalline Monolayer MoS2. Nano letters (Print). vol. 18 (2).
- (2018) Contact angle and condensation of a CO2 droplet on a solid surface. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 123 (1).
- (2018) Nature-inspired Entwined Coiled Carbon Mechanical Metamaterials: Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Nanoscale. vol. 10 (33).
- (2018) Atomistic dewetting mechanics of Wenzel and monostable Cassie–Baxter states. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 20 (38).
- (2018) Hydrogen-microvoid interactions at continuum scale. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (21).
- (2018) Effect of Hydrogen on the Collective Behavior of Dislocations in the Case of Nanoindentation. Acta Materialia. vol. 148.
- (2018) Effect of amorphization-mediated plasticity on the hydrogen-void interaction in ideal lattices under hydrostatic tension. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 123 (24).
- (2018) Dislocation based plasticity in the case of nanoindentation. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 148.
- (2018) Enhancing the mechanical durability of icephobic surfaces by introducing autonomous self-healing function. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. vol. 10 (14).
- (2018) One-Step Fabrication of Bioinspired Lubricant-Regenerable Icephobic Slippery Liquid-Infused Porous Surfaces (SLIPS). ACS Omega. vol. 3 (8).