Background and activities
Research group NTNU Nanomechanical Lab
Jianying He received her Ph.D. in Structural Engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in 2009. She has been an assistant professor at University of Science and Technology Beijing (2003-2006), a postdoctoral fellow at NTNU (2009-2011), an associate professor at NTNU (2011-2017), and since 2017, a professor in Nanomechanics at NTNU.
PhD (2009) Structural Engineering, NTNU, ‘Nanomechanics of Polymer and Composite Particles’
M.Sc. (2003) Materials Physics, University of Science and Technology Beijing
B.Sc. (2000) Materials Science, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Nanotechnology for petroleum engineering
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Contact area measurement of micron-sized metal-coated polymer particles under compression. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 165.
- (2020) Effect of thermal residual stresses on ductile-to-brittle transition of a bi-material specimen by using the CAFE method. European Journal of Mechanics. A, Solids.
- (2020) The Need for Standards in Low Ice Adhesion Surface Research: A Critical Review. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology. vol. 34 (3).
- (2020) Enhancement of Thermal Boundary Conductance of Metal–Polymer System. Nanomaterials. vol. 10 (4).
- (2020) Enabling phase transition of infused lubricant in porous structure for exceptional oil/water separation. Journal of Hazardous Materials. vol. 390.
- (2020) Supergiant elasticity and fracture of 3D spirally wound MoS2. International Journal of Fracture.
- (2020) CO2 Wetting on Pillar-Nanostructured Substrates. Nanotechnology.
- (2020) Effect of grain boundary on the crack-tip plasticity under hydrogen environment: an atomistic study. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 127.
- (2020) Ultrafast self-healing and highly transparent coating with mechanically durable icephobicity. Applied Materials Today. vol. 19.
- (2019) Discontinuous cracking of TiN films on a steel substrate induced by an adhesive interlayer. Philosophical Magazine Letters. vol. 99 (6).
- (2019) Substrate slip steps promote cracking and buckling of thin brittle film. Scripta Materialia. vol. 163.
- (2019) Understanding the role of hollow sub-surface structures in reducing ice adhesion strength. Soft Matter. vol. 15 (13).
- (2019) Magnetically Enhanced Mechanical Stability and Super-Size Effects in Self-Assembled Superstructures of Nanocubes. Advanced Functional Materials. vol. 29 (46).
- (2019) Durable low ice adhesion foams modulated by submicron pores. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 58 (38).
- (2019) Epidermal Gland Inspired Self-Repairing Slippery Lubricant-Infused Porous Coatings with Durable Low Ice Adhesion. Coatings. vol. 9 (10).
- (2019) The Coupling Effect of Lead and Polishing Treatments on the Passive Films of Alloy 690TT in High-Temperature and High-Pressure Water. Frontiers in Materials. vol. 6.
- (2019) CAFE based Multi-scale Modelling of Ductile-to-Brittle Transition of Steel with a Temperature Dependent Effective Surface Energy. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 755.
- (2019) The effect of ice type on ice adhesion. AIP Advances. vol. 9 (5).
- (2019) Interlaboratory study of ice adhesion using different techniques. Coatings. vol. 9 (10).
- (2019) Efficient Liquefaction of Carbon Dioxide on Superlyophobic Surfaces. SSRN.
- (2019) A new method to estimate the residual stresses in additive manufacturing characterized by point heat source. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. vol. 105 (5-6).
- (2019) Effect of the Lüders plateau on ductile fracture with MBL model. European Journal of Mechanics. A, Solids. vol. 78.
- (2019) Experimental measurement of temperature-dependent equivalent stress-strain curves of a 420 MPa structural steel with axisymmetric notched tensile specimens. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 100.
- (2019) Stress-strain curves of metallic materials and post-necking strain hardening characterization: A Review. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures. vol. 43 (1).
- (2019) Phase transition enabled durable anti-icing surfaces and its DIY design. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 360.
- (2019) Liquid layer generator for excellent icephobicity at extremely low temperature. Materials Horizons. vol. 6 (10).
- (2019) Highly Thermally Conductive Polymer Composite Originated from Assembly of Boron Nitride at Oil Water Interface. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. vol. 11.
- (2019) Transportation of Janus Nanoparticles in Confined Nanochannels: A Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Environmental Science: Nano. vol. 6 (9).
- (2019) Topology and polarity of dislocation cores dictate the strength of monolayer MoS2. Applied Materials Today. vol. 15.
- (2019) Enabling Sequential Rupture for Lowering Atomistic Ice Adhesion. Nanoscale. vol. 11.
- (2019) Hydrogen informed Gurson model for hydrogen embrittlement simulation. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 217:106542.
- (2019) Breathable Nanowood Biofilms as Guiding Layer for Green On‐Skin Electronics. Small. vol. 15 (31).
- (2019) Ultra-durable Icephobic Coating by Molecular pulley. Soft Matter. vol. 15.