Background and activities
Julia is an Associate Professor working on piezoelectric ceramics for biomedical applications. She received her PhD at the Technical University Darmstadt, Germany (Materials Science, Dr.rer.nat) for her work on fatigue degradation of ferroelectric ceramics and continued to work in this field during her PostDoc at UNSW Australia.
With coming to NTNU she widened her research interests towards materials development for biomedical application. She is specifically interested in exploring the potential of piezoelectric materials for cell stimulation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) In situ synthesis of epoxy nanocomposites with hierarchical surface-modiﬁed SiO2 clusters. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 95.
- (2020) Mechanisms for texture in BaTiO3 thin films from aqueous chemical solution deposition. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 95.
- (2020) Experimental setup for high-temperature in situ studies of crystallization of thin films with atmosphere control. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation. vol. 27.
- (2020) Ferroelectric and dielectric properties of Ca2+-doped and Ca2+-Ti4+ co-doped K0.5Na0.5NbO3 thin films. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. vol. 8.
- (2020) In Vitro Biocompatibility of Piezoelectric K<inf>0.5</inf>Na<inf>0.5</inf>NbO<inf>3</inf>Thin Films on Platinized Silicon Substrates. ACS Applied Bio Materials (AABM). vol. 3.
- (2020) On the formation mechanism of Ba0.85Ca0.15Zr0.1Ti0.15O3 thin films by aqueous chemical solution deposition. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (15).
- (2020) Electrical Fatigue Behavior of Ba0. 85Ca0. 15Zr0. 1Ti0. 9O3 Ceramics Under Different Oxygen Concentrations. Journal of the European Ceramic Society.
- (2020) Barium titanate-based bilayer functional coatings on Ti alloy biomedical implants. Journal of the European Ceramic Society.
- (2020) Activation of ferroelectric implant ceramics by corona discharge poling. Journal of the European Ceramic Society.
- (2019) Controlling Phase Purity and Texture of K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Thin Films by Aqueous Chemical Solution Deposition. Materials. vol. 12 (13).
- (2019) Revealing the role of local stress on the depolarization of BNT-BT-based relaxors. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 3.
- (2019) Determining fundamental properties from diffraction: Electric field induced strain and piezoelectric coefficient. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (17).
- (2019) Biocompatibility of (Ba,Ca)(Zr,Ti)O3 piezoelectric ceramics for bone replacement materials. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B - Applied biomaterials.
- (2018) In situ synthesis of hybrid inorganic-polymer nanocomposites. Polymers. vol. 10 (10).
- (2018) Epoxy-Based Nanocomposites for High-Voltage Insulation: A Review. Advanced Electronic Materials. vol. 5 (2).
- (2018) Effect of mechanical depoling on piezoelectric properties of Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 - xBaTiO3 in the morphotropic phase boundary region. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 53 (3).
- (2018) High piezoelectricity by multiphase coexisting point: Barium titanate derivatives. MRS bulletin. vol. 43 (8).
- (2018) Orthorhombic-tetragonal phase transition induced by Ta isovalent doping and its effect on fatigue characteristics of KNL-NSTx ceramics. Ceramics International. vol. 44 (2).
- (2018) Frequency dependent polarisation switching in h-ErMnO3. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 112 (18).
- (2018) Enhanced in-plane ferroelectricity in BaTiO3 thin films fabricated by aqueous chemical solution deposition. AIP Advances. vol. 8 (10).