Background and activities
Julia is an Associate Professor working on piezoelectric ceramics for biomedical applications. She received her PhD at the Technical University Darmstadt, Germany (Materials Science, Dr.rer.nat) for her work on fatigue degradation of ferroelectric ceramics and continued to work in this field during her PostDoc at UNSW Australia.
With coming to NTNU she widened her research interests towards materials development for biomedical application. She is specifically interested in exploring the potential of piezoelectric materials for cell stimulation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) In situ synthesis of epoxy nanocomposites with hierarchical surface-modiﬁed SiO2 clusters. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology.
- (2020) Ferroelectric and dielectric properties of Ca2+-doped and Ca2+-Ti4+ co-doped K0.5Na0.5NbO3 thin films. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. vol. 8.
- (2019) Controlling Phase Purity and Texture of K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Thin Films by Aqueous Chemical Solution Deposition. Materials. vol. 12 (13).
- (2019) Revealing the role of local stress on the depolarization of BNT-BT-based relaxors. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 3.
- (2019) Determining fundamental properties from diffraction: Electric field induced strain and piezoelectric coefficient. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (17).
- (2019) Biocompatibility of (Ba,Ca)(Zr,Ti)O3 piezoelectric ceramics for bone replacement materials. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B - Applied biomaterials.
- (2018) In situ synthesis of hybrid inorganic-polymer nanocomposites. Polymers. vol. 10 (10).
- (2018) Epoxy-Based Nanocomposites for High-Voltage Insulation: A Review. Advanced Electronic Materials. vol. 5 (2).
- (2018) Effect of mechanical depoling on piezoelectric properties of Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 - xBaTiO3 in the morphotropic phase boundary region. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 53 (3).
- (2018) High piezoelectricity by multiphase coexisting point: Barium titanate derivatives. MRS bulletin. vol. 43 (8).
- (2018) Orthorhombic-tetragonal phase transition induced by Ta isovalent doping and its effect on fatigue characteristics of KNL-NSTx ceramics. Ceramics International. vol. 44 (2).
- (2018) Frequency dependent polarisation switching in h-ErMnO3. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 112 (18).
- (2018) Enhanced in-plane ferroelectricity in BaTiO3 thin films fabricated by aqueous chemical solution deposition. AIP Advances. vol. 8 (10).
- (2018) Effect of porosity on the ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of (Ba0.85Ca0.15)(Zr0.1Ti0.9)O3 piezoelectric ceramics. Scripta Materialia. vol. 145.
- (2017) Uniaxial compressive stress and temperature dependent mechanical behavior of (1-x)BiFeO3-xBaTiO3 lead-free piezoelectric ceramics. Ceramics International. vol. 43 (12).
- (2016) Piezoelectricity and rotostriction through polar and non-polar coupled instabilities in bismuth-based piezoceramics. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Influence of B-Site Disorder on the Properties of Unpoled Bi1/2Na1/2TiO3-0.06Ba(ZrxTi1-x)O3 Piezoceramics. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 99 (8).
- (2016) Investigation of Partial Discharge in Piezoelectric Ceramics. Acta Materialia. vol. 102.
- (2016) Dielectric properties, electric-field-induced polarization and strain behavior of Lead Zirconate Titanate-Strontium bismuth Niobate ceramics. Journal of Electroceramics. vol. 36 (1).
- (2016) Interstitial oxygen as a source of p-type conductivity in hexagonal manganites. Nature Communications. vol. 7.