Background and activities
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibility
Mass spectrometry and liquid/super critical/gas chromatography
Lab activities in Microbiology (TBT 4110) and Biochemical engineering (TBT 4140)
Background in biopolymers/biopolymer chemistry.
My office is in 3.339 in chemistry block 3.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Macromolecular acidic coating increases shelf life by inhibition of bacterial growth. International journal of food microbiology. vol. 285.
- (2018) Genome Mining of Streptomyces sp. YIM 130001 Isolated From Lichen Affords New Thiopeptide Antibiotic. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (3139).
- (2017) Butyrate-Loaded Chitosan/Hyaluronan Nanoparticles: A Suitable Tool for Sustained Inhibition of ROS Release by Activated Neutrophils. Macromolecular Bioscience. vol. 17 (11).
- (2016) Activation of chloramphenicol biosynthesis in Streptomyces venezuelae ATCC 10712 by ethanol shock: Insights from the promoter fusion studies. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 15 (85).
- (2015) Metabolic markers in blood can separate prostate cancer from benign prostatic hyperplasia. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 113.
- (2015) Ibuprofen-in-cyclodextrin-in-W/O/W emulsion - Improving the initial and long-term encapsulation efficiency of a model active ingredient. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. vol. 487 (1-2).
- (2014) Assessment of capillary anion exchange ion chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for the quantitative profiling of the phosphometabolome and organic acids in biological extracts. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1370.
- (2013) Periodate oxidation and macromolecular compaction of hyaluronan. Pure and Applied Chemistry. vol. 85 (9).
- (2012) The localisation of pectin in Sphagnum moss leaves and its role in preservation. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 87 (2).
- (2011) Periodate oxidized alginates: Depolymerization kinetics. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 86 (4).
- (2010) Periodate oxidation of polysaccharides for modification of chemical and physical properties. Carbohydrate Research. vol. 345 (10).
- (2009) An evaluation of tritium and fluorescence labelling combined with multi-detector SEC for the detection of carbonyl groups in polysaccharides. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 76 (2).
- (2009) Novel alginates prepared by independent control of chain stiffness and distribution of G-residues: Structure and gelling properties. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 77 (4).
- (2008) Interactions of polysaccharides extracted by mild acid hydrolysis from the leaves of Sphagnum papillosum with either phenylhydrazine, o-phenylenediamine and its oxidation products or collagen. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 71.
- (2006) A study of the chain stiffness and extension of alginates, in vitro epimerized alginates, and periodate-oxidized alginates using size-exclusion chromatography combined with light scattering and viscosity detectors. Biomacromolecules. vol. 7.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Quantitative Analysis of Amino and Organic Acids by Methyl Chloroformate Derivatization and GC-MS/MS Analysis. Mass Spectrometry in Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols.
- (2009) Detection and significance of non-terminal carbonyl groups in the water soluble polysaccharides. 2009. ISBN 978-82-471-1471-1.