Kåre Andre Kristiansen
Background and activities
Areas of speciality/Fields of responsibility
Mass spectrometry and liquid/super critical/gas chromatography
Lab activities in Microbiology (TBT 4110) and Biochemical engineering (TBT 4140)
Background in biopolymers/biopolymer chemistry.
Link to NV faculty MS-lab: https://www.ntnu.edu/nv-mslab/
Temporarily at office 3.126 in K3 during the korona situation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Overexpression of two new acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2-like acyl-CoA:sterol acyltransferases enhanced squalene accumulation in Aurantiochytrium limacinum. Frontiers in Microbiology.
- (2021) The impact of emulsion droplet size on in vitro lipolysis rate and in vivo plasma uptake kinetics of triglycerides and vitamin D3 in rats. Food & Function. vol. 12 (7).
- (2021) Alginate hydrogels functionalized with β-cyclodextrin as a local paclitaxel delivery system. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. vol. 109 (12).
- (2020) Production of Value-Added Chemicals by Bacillus methanolicus Strains Cultivated on Mannitol and Extracts of Seaweed Saccharina latissima at 50C. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 11.
- (2020) In vitro and in vivo evaluation of organic solvent-free injectable melatonin nanoformulations. European journal of pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics. vol. 152.
- (2020) Absolute Quantification of the Central Carbon Metabolome in Eight Commonly Applied Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Model Systems. Metabolites. vol. 10 (74).
- (2018) Macromolecular acidic coating increases shelf life by inhibition of bacterial growth. International journal of food microbiology. vol. 285.
- (2018) Genome Mining of Streptomyces sp. YIM 130001 Isolated From Lichen Affords New Thiopeptide Antibiotic. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (3139).
- (2017) Butyrate-Loaded Chitosan/Hyaluronan Nanoparticles: A Suitable Tool for Sustained Inhibition of ROS Release by Activated Neutrophils. Macromolecular Bioscience. vol. 17 (11).
- (2016) Activation of chloramphenicol biosynthesis in Streptomyces venezuelae ATCC 10712 by ethanol shock: Insights from the promoter fusion studies. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 15 (85).
- (2015) Metabolic markers in blood can separate prostate cancer from benign prostatic hyperplasia. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 113.
- (2015) Ibuprofen-in-cyclodextrin-in-W/O/W emulsion - Improving the initial and long-term encapsulation efficiency of a model active ingredient. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. vol. 487 (1-2).
- (2014) Assessment of capillary anion exchange ion chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for the quantitative profiling of the phosphometabolome and organic acids in biological extracts. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1370.
- (2013) Periodate oxidation and macromolecular compaction of hyaluronan. Pure and Applied Chemistry. vol. 85 (9).
- (2012) The localisation of pectin in Sphagnum moss leaves and its role in preservation. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 87 (2).
- (2011) Periodate oxidized alginates: Depolymerization kinetics. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 86 (4).
- (2010) Periodate oxidation of polysaccharides for modification of chemical and physical properties. Carbohydrate Research. vol. 345 (10).
- (2009) An evaluation of tritium and fluorescence labelling combined with multi-detector SEC for the detection of carbonyl groups in polysaccharides. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 76 (2).
- (2009) Novel alginates prepared by independent control of chain stiffness and distribution of G-residues: Structure and gelling properties. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 77 (4).
- (2008) Interactions of polysaccharides extracted by mild acid hydrolysis from the leaves of Sphagnum papillosum with either phenylhydrazine, o-phenylenediamine and its oxidation products or collagen. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 71.