Lars Magne Lundheim
Background and activities
Lars Lundheim (1958) is a Professor at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications. He has MSc and a PhD in electrical engineering, both from NTNU. Professor Lundheim belongs to the Signal Processing Group.
Recent work experience
- 2010- present, Professor at NTNU
- 2002-2010 Associate Professor, NTNU Dept. of Telecommunications, from 2004 Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunications
- 2000-2001 Associate Professor at NTNU, Department of Telecommunications
- 1997-2001 Research Scientist, SINTEF Telecom and Informatics
- 1998-1999 Part-time Associate Professor at NTNU, Dept. of Physical Electronics
- 1995-1996 Senior Lecturer at Sør-Trøndelag College
- 1994-1995 Scientific Associate, CERN, Switzerland
Fields of interest and present research activities
- Signal processing for frequency domain radars
- Performance/power consumption trade-off in digital signal processing systems
- Pulse shaping in multicarrier communication systems
- Engineering Education
Membership in academic and professional committees, scientific review work including peer-review, outreach activities, and other professional merits
Senior Member, IEEE
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, as well as several international conferences
- Member of the International Scientific Committee for WSEAS International Conference, “Applications of Electrical Electromagnetism” 2008
- Member of the program committee for NORSIG 2003
- Member of the committee for the 2010 book on the history of the Electrical Engineering Department of the Norwegian Institute of Technology
- Has been member of 16 examination committees for PhD candidates
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Towards a real-time measurement platform for microgrids in isolated communities. Procedia Engineering. vol. 159.
- (2013) Second Order Taylor Polyphase Reconstruction of Periodic-Nonuniform Samples in Time-Interleaved ADCs. Journal of Signal Processing Systems. vol. 77 (3).
- (2012) A Relative Rate Utility based Distributed Power Allocation Algorithm for Cognitive Radio Networks. IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications workshops.
- (2012) Distortion Modeling and Compensation in Step Frequency Radars. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems. vol. 48 (1).
- (2009) Power Optimization of Parallel Multipliers in Systems with Variable Word-length. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 5349.
- (2008) An Efficient Design Methodology for Constant Power Link Adaptation Schemes in Short-Range Scenarios. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. vol. 57 (4).
- (2008) Optimal pulses robust to carrier frequency offset for OFDM/QAM systems. IEEE Communications Letters. vol. 12 (3).
- (2006) New methods for blind estimation of carrier frequency offset in OFDM/OQAMsystems. Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances for Wireless Communications.
- (2006) Blind carrier frequency offset estimation for OFDM/OQAM systems based on subchannel signals. GLOBECOM - conference record / IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference.
- (2005) Design of Robust Pulses to Carrier Frequency Offset for OFDM/OQAM System. GLOBECOM - conference record / IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference.
- (2002) On Shannon and "Shannon's Formula". Telektronikk. vol. 98 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2018) A Whiteheadian Approach to Self Efficacy and Creative Confidence in Electrical Engineering. Proceedings of the 46th SEFI Annual Conference.
- (2018) Socialization and Curriculum Integration: Emergent premises in student experiences of a first-year electrical engineering course. Proceedings of the 46th SEFI Annual Conference.
- (2017) Simple model for understanding harmonics propagation in single-phase microgrids. Proceedings of the 2017 6th International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP 2017).
- (2016) Teaching Freshmen Engineering Communication. Proceedings of the 11th European Workshop on Microelectronics Education (EWME 2016).
- (2016) Early Innovation Projects: First Experiences from the Electronic Engineering Ladder at NTNU. Proceedings of the 12th International CDIO Conference.
- (2014) The Electronic Engineering Step Ladder. 10th European Workshop on Microelectronics Education, 2014 (EWME).
- (2011) On the spectral efficiency of MMSE vector precoding. Proceedings of 2011 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference.
- (2010) Lattice-Reduction Aided HNN for Vector Precoding. Proceedings of ISITA / ISSSTA 2010.
- (2009) Analysis of switching activity in DSP signals in the presence of noise. Proceedings of the IEEE Region 8 EUROCON 2009 Conference.