Background and activities
Expertise and research interests
- Power cycles and turbomachinery
- CO2 capture
- Process modeling and simulation
- PhD Thermal Energy (NTNU, 2010)
- Master of Science Mechanical Engineering (Virginia Tech, 2001)
- Associate Professor Thermal Energy (2014–)
- Head of research group Thermal Energy (2017–)
- Deputy head of education (2017–)
- Postdoctor Thermal Energy (NTNU, 2012–2014)
- Researcher Energy Systems (GE Global Research, 2011)
- PhD Candidate Thermal Energy (NTNU, 2006–2010)
- Engineer Gas Turbines (Alstom Power, 1999–2006)
- Energy and Environment (2009–2017)
- Engineering Thermodynamics 1 (2015–)
- Engineering Thermodynamics 2 (2014)
- Gas Cleaning and Emissions Control (2016–2017)
- Natural Gas Technology (2017–)
PhD Candidate Rubén Mocholí Montañés
PhD Candidate Roberto Agromayor
PhD Candidate Giorgia Mondino
PhD Candidate Juan Cristancho
PhD Candidate Jairo Rúa Pazos
Postdoctoral Fellow Luca Riboldi
PhD Candidate Cristina Zotica, Department of Chemical Engineering
Current research projects
Competitive power production from industrial surplus heat – COPRO
FME Centre for Energy Efficient and Competitive Industry with Low Environmental Impact – HighEFF
Enabling technology for the Development of moving bed Temperature swing adsorption process for post combustion CO2 capture – EDemoTeC
Electrification and efficient energy supply of offshore oil platforms
Dynamic process simulation of decarbonized power generation
Dynamic modeling and simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture system integrated with natural gas combined cycle power plant – DynCap
Compact offshore steam bottoming cycles – COMPACTS
Master student topics
NTNU Open: https://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/handle/11250/223328
Use search term Lars Olof Nord
Filter for Type: Master thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Fluid selection and thermodynamic optimization of organic Rankine cycles for waste heat recovery applications. Energy Procedia. vol. 129.
- (2017) Applicability and validation of use of equilibrium-based absorber models with reduced stage efficiency for dynamic simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture processes. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Prospects of using equilibrium-based column models in dynamic process simulation of post-combustion CO2 capture for coal-fired power plant. Fuel. vol. 202.
- (2017) Selection and design of post-combustion CO2 capture process for 600 MW natural gas fueled thermal power plant based on operability. Energy. vol. 121.
- (2017) Thermodynamic optimization of an organic Rankine cycle for power generation from a low temperature geothermal heat source. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings.
- (2017) Combined heat and power plant on offshore oil and gas installations. Journal of Power Technologies. vol. 97 (2).
- (2017) Effects of CO2-Absorption Control Strategies on the Dynamic Performance of a Supercritical Pulverized-Coal-Fired Power Plant. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (15).
- (2017) Dynamic Process Model Development and Validation with Transient Plant Data Collected from an MEA Test Campaign at the CO2 Technology Center Mongstad. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Dynamic Process Model Validation and Control of the Amine Plant at CO2 Technology Centre Mongstad. Energies. vol. 10.
- (2017) Demonstrating load-change transient performance of a commercial-scale natural gas combined cycle power plant with post-combustion CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 63.
- (2017) Dynamic Simulations of the Post-combustion CO2 Capture System of a Combined Cycle Power Plant. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings. vol. 132.
- (2017) CCS on Offshore Oil and Gas Installation - Design of Post Combustion Capture System and Steam Cycle. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Dynamic modeling and simulation of an offshore combined heat and power (CHP) plant. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings.
- (2017) Effective Concepts for Supplying Energy to a Large Offshore Oil and Gas Area under Different Future Scenarios. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 61.
- (2017) Concepts for lifetime efficient supply of power and heat to offshore installations in the North Sea. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 148.
- (2017) Lifetime Assessment of Combined Cycles for Cogeneration of Power and Heat in Offshore Oil and Gas Installations. Energies. vol. 10 (6).
- (2016) Acid Gas Removal in Geothermal Power Plant in Iceland. Energy Procedia. vol. 86.
- (2016) Identifying operational requirements for flexible CCS power plant in future energy systems. Energy Procedia. vol. 86.
- (2015) Process simulation and plant layout of a combined cycle gas turbine for offshore oil and gas installations. Journal of Power Technologies. vol. 95 (1).
- (2014) Evaluating CO2 Capture Technologies for Retrofit in Cement Plant. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Weight and power optimization of steam bottoming cycle for offshore oil and gas installations. Energy. vol. 76.
- (2013) Design and off-design simulations of combined cycles for offshore oil and gas installations. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 54 (1).
- (2013) Modelling and simulation of CO2 (carbon dioxide) bottoming cycles for offshore oil and gas installations at design and off-design conditions. Energy. vol. 59.
- (2012) Design criteria and optimization of heat recovery steam cycles for integrated reforming combined cycles with CO2 capture. Applied Energy. vol. 92.
- (2012) Steam bottoming cycles offshore - Challenges and possibilities. Journal of Power Technologies. vol. 92 (3).
- (2011) HRSG Design for Integrated Reforming Combined Cycle With CO2 Capture. Journal of Engineering For Gas Turbines and Power. vol. 133 (1).
- (2011) Plant flexibility of a pre-combustion CO2 capture cycle. Energy Procedia. vol. 4.
- (2010) Incorporation of uncertainty analysis in modeling of integrated reforming combined cycle. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 51 (10).
- (2009) Design and off-design analyses of a pre-combustion CO2 capture process in a natural gas combined cycle power plant. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 3 (4).
- (2009) A qualitative reliability and operability analysis of an integrated reforming combined cycle plant with CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 3 (4).
- (2015) Industrial implementation of Carbon Capture in Nordic industry sectors. 2015.
- (2010) Pre-combustion CO2 capture: Analysis of integrated reforming combined cycle. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2010. ISBN 978-82-471-2125-2.