Background and activities
- EP8411 - Hydropower Plants; Selected Interdiciplinary Topics
- VM8107 - Topics in Hydraulics
- VM8208 - Topics in Environmental Hydraulics and Hydrology
- TVM4165 - Hydropower Structures
- TVM5132 - Prefeasibility Study in Hydropower Development
- TVM5135 - Planning of Hydropower
- TVM4128 - Hydropower and Hydraulic Engineering, Advanced Course
- TVM4101 - BM2 Water and Environment
- BA8510 - Head Loss Analyses in Hydro Power Tunnels. Hydraulics, Rock Blasting Technique and Economy.
- TVM5115 - Planning and Design of Dams
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Hydraulic Scale Modeling of Mass Oscillations in a Pumped Storage Plant with Multiple Surge Tanks. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. vol. 148 (9).
- (2021) Efficiency of Pressurized Rock Traps for Unlined Hydropower Tunnels. Energies. vol. 14 (14).
- (2021) Buckling analogy for 2D deformation of placed ripraps exposed to overtopping. Journal of Hydraulic Research. vol. 59 (1).
- (2021) Influence of large-scale asperities on the shear strength of concrete-rock interface of small buttress dams. Engineering structures. vol. 245.
- (2020) Influence of location of large-scale asperity on shear strength of concrete-rock interface under eccentric load. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 12 (3).
- (2020) Technical Review of Existing Norwegian Pumped Storage Plants. Energies. vol. 13 (18).
- (2020) Upgrading hydropower plants to pump storage plants: A hydraulic scale model of the tunnel system. 8th IAHR International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures ISHS2020.
- (2020) Physical model study on discharge over a dam due to landslide generatedwaves. Water. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Field and model tests of riprap on steep slopes exposed to overtopping. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. vol. 7 (2).
- (2019) Toe support conditions for placed ripraps on rockfill dams –A field survey. Vann. vol. 54 (3).
- (2019) Case Study of Dam Overtopping from Waves Generated by Landslides Impinging Perpendicular to a Reservoir’s Longitudinal Axis. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 7 (7).
- (2018) Displacements as failure origin of placed riprap on steep slopes. Journal of Hydraulic Research. vol. 56 (2).
- (2017) Increased generation from upgrading and extension projects. International journal on hydropower and dams. vol. 24 (4).
- (2017) The Effect of Surge Tank Throttling on Governor Stability, Power Control, and Hydraulic Transients in Hydropower Plants. IEEE transactions on energy conversion. vol. 32 (1).
- (2015) The current status of hydropower development and dam construction in Norway. International journal on hydropower and dams. vol. 22 (3).
- (2015) Hydraulic scale modelling and thermodynamics of mass oscillations in closed surge tanks. Journal of Hydraulic Research. vol. 53 (4).
- (2015) Surge Tank Research in Austria and Norway. Wasserwirtschaft. vol. 105 (1).
- (2014) Riprap design on the downstream slope of rockfill dams. Mitteilungen - Leichtweiss-Institut für Wasserbau der Technischen Universität Braunschweig.
- (2014) Performance of Coanda-effect screens in a cold climate. Journal of cold regions engineering. vol. 28 (4).
- (2014) Hydraulics of backflushing for efficiently cleaning hydropower trash racks. Canadian journal of civil engineering (Print). vol. 41 (3).