Background and activities
Area of interest
- Smart and Sustainable Built environment (buildings and infrastructure)
- Sustainability assessment (LCA, LCC, SD)
- Digital twin (BIM-IoT)
- Energy demand analysis
- TØL 4010 Sustainability assessment
- TVB 4110 Digital building information
- TVB 4505 Digital building process, specification
- TEK 2002 Ecodesign
- TEK 3109 Ecodesian 1
- VB8000, Sustainable built environment within digital proses
- Information modelling for GIS-ITS-BIM integration
- Enterprise BIM
- Digital twin for local circular economy
- Blockchain powered supply chain
- Reinforcement learning for smart building
- Process twin for construction Machine
- BIM-IoT for smart building
- Reinforcement learning for project scheduling
Main ongoing projects
- H2020: Geographical island energy flexibility (GIFT), 2018-2021
- NFR-IKT Pluss: Reinforcing the Health Data Infrastructure in Mobility and Assurance through Data Democratization (Health Democratization), 2019-2022
- COST 18204, Dynamics of placemaking and digitization in Europe´s cities, 2019-2022
- IEA: ANNEX 72 (2016-2021)
- NTNU-DIGITAL: BlockChain in supply chain
- NTNU- Sustainability: Digital twin for local circular economy network
- Nordic Fivetech: Reinforcing learning for autonomous building management system
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) The Impact of Digital Twins on Local Industry Symbiosis Networks in Light of the Uncertainty Caused by the Public Crisis. International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (IJISSCM). vol. 15 (1).
- (2021) Digital twins for information-sharing in remanufacturing supply chain: a review. Energy. vol. 220.
- (2021) The Concept of Enterprise BIM: Current Research Practice and Future Trends. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Understanding energy demand behaviors through spatio-temporal smart meter data analysis. Energy. vol. 226.
- (2020) Digital Twin in Circular Economy: Remanufacturing in Construction. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 588.
- (2020) The environmental impact of rock support for road tunnels: The experience of Norway. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 712.
- (2020) IFC Schemas in ISO/TC 211 Compliant UML for Improved Interoperability between BIM and GIS. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 9 (4).
- (2020) How do age structure and urban form influence household CO2 emissions in road transport? Evidence from municipalities in Norway in 2009, 2011 and 2013. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 265.
- (2020) A GIS-based green supply chain model for assessing the effects of carbon price uncertainty on plastic recycling. International Journal of Production Research. vol. 58 (6).
- (2020) Blockchain-Enabled Information Sharing Within a Supply Chain: A Systematic Literature Review. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Reducing alert fatigue by sharing low-level alerts with patients and enhancing collaborative decision-making using blockchain technology: Scoping review and proposed framework (MedAlert). Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 22 (10).
- (2019) Application review of LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) in circular economy: From the perspective of PSS (Product Service System). Procedia CIRP. vol. 83.
- (2019) The piezoelectric road status sensor using the frequency scanning method and machine-learning algorithms. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical.
- (2019) Road surface condition detection utilizing resonance frequency and optical technologies. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. vol. 297.
- (2019) The state of the art of material flow analysis research based on construction and demolition waste recycling and disposal. Buildings. vol. 9:207 (10).
- (2019) Adapted Rules for UML Modelling of Geospatial Information for Model-Driven Implementation as OWL Ontologies. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (9).
- (2019) Information exchange between GIS and geospatial ITS databases based on a generic model. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (3).
- (2018) Carbon emission of global construction sector. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 81.
- (2018) Life cycle assessment and life cycle cost of university dormitories in the southeast China: Case study of the university town of Fuzhou. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 173.
- (2017) Carbon Footprint and Carbon Emission Reduction of Urban Buildings: A Case in Xiamen City, China. Procedia Engineering. vol. 198.