Background and activities
Teaching activities: Thermodynamics 1, Building energy supply, Infrastructure for energy transport, Energy planning.
Research areas: Building energy supply, district heating, lifetime commissioning, zero emission building, building energy monitoring, simulation of buildings and HVAC systems, and energy analysis.
- Subtask leader for Interfaces, Communities, and Economics within District Heating and cooling (DHC) Annex TS1: Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems.
- Research activities related to energy supply and building service systems within the Norwegian project on Zero Emission Buildings.
- Contribution to activities related to building performance simulation. At the Department of Energy and Process Engineering responsible for the simulation tools EnergyPlus, IDA-ICE, and TRNSYS.
Memberships of scientific committees, review
- Member of Norsk VVS Stiftelsen – NORVAC Foundation.
- Member of advisory board of NORVAC local group for Trondheim area.
- Member of Norwegian District Heating fellowship.
- Member of advisory board of the Study program Energy and environment at NTNU.
- Member of REHVA Journal editorial board.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A highly innovative yet cost-effective multi-generation energy system for net-zero energy buildings. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 237.
- (2021) Data-driven analysis of electricity use for office buildings: a Norwegian case study. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Analysis of heat use profiles in Norwegian educational institutions in conditions of COVID-lockdown. Journal of Building Engineering. vol. 43.
- (2021) Techno-economic analysis of implementing thermal storage for peak load shaving in a campus district heating system with waste heat from the data centre. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Energy, economic, and environmental analysis of integration of thermal energy storage into district heating systems using waste heat from data centres. Energy. vol. 219.
- (2021) Swimming pool heating technology: A state-of-the-art review. Building Simulation. vol. 14.
- (2021) Study of a water-source CO2 heat pump for residential use: experimental discharge pressure control and performance analysis. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Energy Pathways for Future Norwegian Residential Building Areas. Energies. vol. 14 (4).
- (2021) DHW tank sizing considering dynamic energy prices. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Data informed physical models for district heating grids with distributed heat sources to understand thermal and hydraulic aspects. Energy. vol. 222.
- (2021) Achieving zero-energy building performance with thermal and visual comfort enhancement through optimization of fenestration, envelope, shading device, and energy supply system. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments. vol. 44.
- (2021) Building Retrofitting through Coupling of Building Energy Simulation-Optimization Tool with CFD and Daylight Programs. Energies. vol. 14 (8).
- (2021) Sizing and performance analyses of a combined heating and cooling system with the integration of short- and long-term storages. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 246.
- (2021) Hybrid artificial intelligence model for prediction of heating energy use. Thermal Science.
- (2021) Top-down spatially-explicit probabilistic estimation of building energy performance at a scale. Energy and Buildings. vol. 238.
- (2020) Large-scale monitoring of operationally diverse district heating substations: A reference-group based approach. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. vol. 90.
- (2020) Selecting the model and influencing variables for DHW heat use prediction in hotels in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 228.
- (2020) Splitting measurements of the total heat demand in a hotel into domestic hot water and space heating heat use. Energy. vol. 219.
- (2020) Development and analysis of hourly DHW heat use profiles in nursing homes in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 222.
- (2020) Analysis of monthly and daily profiles of DHW use in apartment blocks in Norway. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 172.