Background and activities
Teaching activities: Thermodynamics 1, Building energy supply, Infrastructure for energy transport, Energy planning.
Research areas: Building energy supply, district heating, lifetime commissioning, zero emission building, building energy monitoring, simulation of buildings and HVAC systems, and energy analysis.
- Subtask leader for Interfaces, Communities, and Economics within District Heating and cooling (DHC) Annex TS1: Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems.
- Research activities related to energy supply and building service systems within the Norwegian project on Zero Emission Buildings.
- Contribution to activities related to building performance simulation. At the Department of Energy and Process Engineering responsible for the simulation tools EnergyPlus, IDA-ICE, and TRNSYS.
Memberships of scientific committees, review
- Member of Norsk VVS Stiftelsen – NORVAC Foundation.
- Member of advisory board of NORVAC local group for Trondheim area.
- Member of Norwegian District Heating fellowship.
- Member of advisory board of the Study program Energy and environment at NTNU.
- Member of REHVA Journal editorial board.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Large-scale monitoring of operationally diverse district heating substations: A reference-group based approach. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. vol. 90.
- (2020) Development and analysis of hourly DHW heat use profiles in nursing homes in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 222.
- (2020) Analysis of monthly and daily profiles of DHW use in apartment blocks in Norway. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 172.
- (2020) Minimizing delivered energy and life cycle cost using Graphical script: An office building retrofitting case. Applied Energy. vol. 268.
- (2019) A study of citywide urban residential energy information system for the building energy efficiency management: a cluster model of seven typical cities in China. Energy Efficiency. vol. 12 (6).
- (2019) Energy analysis and energy planning for kindergartens based on data analysis. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2019) Optimal control of secondary side supply water temperature for substation in district heating systems. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Identifying typical hourly DHW energy use profiles in a hotel in Norway by using statistical methods. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Prediction of DHW energy use in a hotel in Norway. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 609:052018 (5).
- (2019) Operation strategies to achieve low supply and return temperature in district heating system. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Future energy pathways for a university campus considering possibilities for energy efficiency improvements. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2019) Active supply diffuser application in all-air heating systems. REHVA European HVAC Journal. vol. 04.
- (2019) Performance analysis of an active diffuser in mixing ventilation for cell office by using numerical approach. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Performance assessment of all-air heating in an office cubicle equipped with an active supply diffuser in a cold climate. Building and Environment. vol. 156.
- (2019) Dynamic optimization of control setpoints for an integrated heating and cooling system with thermal energy storages. Energy. vol. 193.
- (2019) Analysis of energy signatures and planning of heating and domestic hot water energy use in buildings in Norway. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Control strategy for battery-supported photovoltaic systems aimed at peak load reduction. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Influence of emerging technologies deployment in residential built stock on electric energy cost and grid load. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2018) Dynamic modeling of local district heating grids with prosumers: A case study for Norway. Energy. vol. 151.
- (2018) Parametric study of condensation at heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning duct's external surface. Building Services Engineering Research & Technology. vol. 39 (3).