Background and activities
Teaching activities: Thermodynamics 1, Building energy supply, Infrastructure for energy transport, Energy planning.
Research areas: Building energy supply, district heating, lifetime commissioning, zero emission building, building energy monitoring, simulation of buildings and HVAC systems, and energy analysis.
- Subtask leader for Interfaces, Communities, and Economics within District Heating and cooling (DHC) Annex TS1: Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems.
- Research activities related to energy supply and building service systems within the Norwegian project on Zero Emission Buildings.
- Contribution to activities related to building performance simulation. At the Department of Energy and Process Engineering responsible for the simulation tools EnergyPlus, IDA-ICE, and TRNSYS.
Memberships of scientific committees, review
- Member of Norsk VVS Stiftelsen – NORVAC Foundation.
- Member of advisory board of NORVAC local group for Trondheim area.
- Member of Norwegian District Heating fellowship.
- Member of advisory board of the Study program Energy and environment at NTNU.
- Member of REHVA Journal editorial board.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A study of citywide urban residential energy information system for the building energy efficiency management: a cluster model of seven typical cities in China. Energy Efficiency.
- (2019) Performance assessment of all-air heating in an office cubicle equipped with an active supply diffuser in a cold climate. Building and Environment. vol. 156.
- (2018) Dynamic modeling of local district heating grids with prosumers: A case study for Norway. Energy. vol. 151.
- (2018) Parametric study of condensation at heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning duct's external surface. Building Services Engineering Research & Technology. vol. 39 (3).
- (2018) Transition to the 4th generation district heating-possibilities, bottlenecks, and challenges. Energy Procedia. vol. 149.
- (2018) Building energy performance assessment using volatility change based symbolic transformation and hierarchical clustering. Energy and Buildings. vol. 166.
- (2018) Challenges and potentials for low-temperature district heating implementation in Norway. Energy. vol. 151.
- (2018) Influence of occupant behavior and operation on performance of a residential Zero Emission Building in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 159.
- (2018) Analysis of an integrated heating and cooling system for a building complex with focus on long–term thermal storage. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 145.
- (2018) Support vector machine for the prediction of heating energy use. Thermal Science. vol. 22 (4).
- (2018) Future Trends in District Heating Development. Curr Sustainable Renewable Energy Rep.
- (2017) Dynamic modelling of local low-temperature heating grids: A case study for Norway. Energy. vol. 139.
- (2017) A variation focused cluster analysis strategy to identify typical daily heating load profiles of higher education buildings. Energy. vol. 134.
- (2017) A Hybrid Biomass Hydrothermal Gasification- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell System Combined with Improved CHP Plant for Sustainable Power Generation. Energy Procedia. vol. 112.
- (2017) Necessary Measures to Include more Distributed Renewable Energy Sources into District Heating System. Energy Procedia. vol. 116.
- (2017) A state-of-art review of retrofit interventions in buildings towards nearly zero energy level. Energy Procedia. vol. 134.
- (2017) Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems. Energy Procedia. vol. 116.
- (2017) IEA EBC annex 53: Total energy use in buildings?Analysis and evaluation methods. Energy and Buildings. vol. 152.
- (2016) Energy planning of university campus building complex: Energy usage and coincidental analysis of individual buildings with a case study. Energy and Buildings. vol. 124.
- (2016) Identifying key design parameters of the integrated energy system for a residential Zero Emission Building in Norway. Renewable Energy. vol. 87.