Background and activities
Teaching activities: Thermodynamics 1, Building energy supply, Infrastructure for energy transport, Energy planning.
Research areas: Building energy supply, district heating, lifetime commissioning, zero emission building, building energy monitoring, simulation of buildings and HVAC systems, and energy analysis.
- Subtask leader for Interfaces, Communities, and Economics within District Heating and cooling (DHC) Annex TS1: Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems.
- Research activities related to energy supply and building service systems within the Norwegian project on Zero Emission Buildings.
- Contribution to activities related to building performance simulation. At the Department of Energy and Process Engineering responsible for the simulation tools EnergyPlus, IDA-ICE, and TRNSYS.
Memberships of scientific committees, review
- Member of Norsk VVS Stiftelsen – NORVAC Foundation.
- Member of advisory board of NORVAC local group for Trondheim area.
- Member of Norwegian District Heating fellowship.
- Member of advisory board of the Study program Energy and environment at NTNU.
- Member of REHVA Journal editorial board.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Dynamic modeling of local district heating grids with prosumers: A case study for Norway. Energy. vol. 151.
- (2018) Challenges and potentials for low-temperature district heating implementation in Norway. Energy. vol. 151.
- (2018) Influence of occupant behavior and operation on performance of a residential Zero Emission Building in Norway. Energy and Buildings. vol. 159.
- (2018) Future Trends in District Heating Development. Curr Sustainable Renewable Energy Rep.
- (2017) Dynamic modelling of local low-temperature heating grids: A case study for Norway. Energy. vol. 139.
- (2017) A variation focused cluster analysis strategy to identify typical daily heating load profiles of higher education buildings. Energy. vol. 134.
- (2017) A Hybrid Biomass Hydrothermal Gasification- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell System Combined with Improved CHP Plant for Sustainable Power Generation. Energy Procedia. vol. 112.
- (2017) Necessary Measures to Include more Distributed Renewable Energy Sources into District Heating System. Energy Procedia. vol. 116.
- (2017) A state-of-art review of retrofit interventions in buildings towards nearly zero energy level. Energy Procedia. vol. 134.
- (2017) Low Temperature District Heating for Future Energy Systems. Energy Procedia. vol. 116.
- (2017) IEA EBC annex 53: Total energy use in buildings?Analysis and evaluation methods. Energy and Buildings. vol. 152.
- (2016) Energy planning of university campus building complex: Energy usage and coincidental analysis of individual buildings with a case study. Energy and Buildings. vol. 124.
- (2016) Identifying key design parameters of the integrated energy system for a residential Zero Emission Building in Norway. Renewable Energy. vol. 87.
- (2016) Energy planning of district heating for future building stock based on renewable energies and increasing supply flexibility. Energy. vol. 112.
- (2016) Importance of Increased Knowledge on Reliability of District Heating Pipes. Procedia Engineering. vol. 146.
- (2015) A Case Study of Campus Building End Use of a University in Norway. Advanced Materials Research.
- (2015) Integrated multiscale simulation of CHP based district heating system. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 106.
- (2015) An overall methodology to define reference values for building sustainability parameters. Energy and Buildings. vol. 88.
- (2015) Energy cost models for air supported sports hall in cold climates considering energy efficiency. Renewable Energy. vol. 84.
- (2015) Implementation of CCPP for energy supply of future building stock. Applied Energy. vol. 155.