Ole Jonny Klakegg
Background and activities
Professor in Project Management at NTNU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Focussing Project Execution Models/Project Delivery Models.
Through his career Ole Jonny Klakegg (MSc, PhD) has alternated between teaching and research at the university, and working as a consultant in project management. This way he has built a substantial experience including theoretical and practical perspectives.
In his current position he is Professor in Project Management, primarily working with research on project execution models. This position is combined with a position as special advisor at WSP Norway.
In a previous position he was Research Director Concept Programme in the period 2004-2010. Klakegg has 28 years of experience in research, teaching and consulting within project management, including 15 years experience as manager and consultant in private sector. He has worked in several periods at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim and different consultancy companies in Norway.
He has experience from a large number of major projects in Norway in public sector and several private sector industries, including building, civil engineering, transport, health, defence and organisational development. Currently a main research interest is widening this experience into an international context. Another key interest is the consequence of and the premises for digitization in the construction industry.
- Governance of projects - the project as value creation process
- Project Execution Models/Project Delivery Models
- Project models and execution strategies
- Partnering, contracts and incentives
- Front-end management of projects
- Management of risk and uncertainty
- Construction management
- Process management/Facilitation of group processes
- Stakeholder management
- General project management issues (cost estimation, scheduling, quality etc.)
Ole Jonny Klakegg is program manager for the Construction program in Project Norway.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A collaborative project delivery method for design of a high-performance building. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business.
- (2020) COLLABORATIVE PROJECT DELIVERY METHODS: A SCOPING REVIEW. Journal of Civil Engineering and Management. vol. 26 (3).
- (2020) Experiences with Best-Value Procurement in Norway and the Netherlands. Journal of construction engineering and management. vol. 145 (5).
- (2020) Early contractor involvement (ECI): ways to do it in public projects. Journal of Public Procurement. vol. 20 (1).
- (2019) Developing a Conceptual Model for Value Delivery in Value Shop Configured Construction Projects. Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction.
- (2019) Special Issue: Delivering Value in Projects and Project-Based Business. Editorial. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 37 (5).
- (2018) Defining An Ill-defined Concept – Nine Tenets On The Nature Of Value. Lean Construction Journal. vol. 2018.
- (2018) Relationship between contractual flexibility and contractor’s cooperative behavior: The mediating effect of justice perception. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 11 (2).
- (2018) What Makes an Alliance an Alliance – Experiences from Australian Infrastructure Projects. Journal of Modern Project Management. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) “Superfast!” managing the urgent: case study of telecommunications infrastructure project in Algeria. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 11 (2).
- (2017) Governing value creation in construction project: a new model. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 10 (1).
- (2017) Project Partnering in the Construction Industry: Theory vs. Practice. Engineering Project Organisation Journal. vol. 8.
- (2017) Drivers and consequences of identity abuse in the AEC-industry. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 121.
- (2016) The Concept of Value for Owners and Users of Buildings- A literature study of value in different contexts. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Successive Cost Estimation – Successful Budgeting of Major Projects. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Taming the 'trolls': Major public projects in the making. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 34 (2).
- (2016) Taming the ‘trolls’: Major public projects in the making. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 34 (2).
- (2016) Cost Development Over-time at Construction Planning Phase: Empirical Evidence from Norwegian Construction Projects. Procedia Engineering. vol. 145.
- (2016) Challenges in Cost Estimation under Uncertainty - A Case Study of the Decommissioning of Barsebäck Nuclear Power Plant. Administrative Sciences. vol. 6 (4).
- (2016) Partnering Elements’ Importance for Success in the Norwegian Construction Industry. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.