Ole Andreas Alsos
Background and activities
Ole Andreas Alsos is Head of Department at Department of Design. Alsos has a MSc in computer science and a PhD in computer and information science from NTNU.
Recent Work Experience
- 2017 – Head of Department, Department of Design, NTNU
- 2016 – CEO Serious Games AS
- 2013 – 2017 Associate Professor, Dept. of Computer and Information Science, NTNU
- 2012 – 2017 Interaction designer, IT advisor and project manager, BEKK. Founder of the usability department.
- 2012 – Research grant applicant and researcher in BLOPP, a multidisciplinary project that aim to use design and technology to improve children´s experience of taking medication (part-time)
- 2013 – IxDA Trondheim: Co-founder and chairman of the Trondheim chapter of Interaction Design Association.
- 2002 – 2003 Abakus Student Association: Executive board member, society for ICT students at NTNU
- 2000 – 2004 Newspaper Readme: Chief Editor, newspaper for ICT-students at NTNU with an editorial of 15
- Several top positions in national prototyping competitions (2nd place from the UMBRA- championship. 1st place from the Norwegian championship in 2009, 2nd place 2010)
- Won the poster competititon arranged by the Norwegian Research Council in 2008, 2009
- World champion, team overall, naval pentathlon 2001. Have several international (team) and national medals (individual)
- Awarded Best sport student, Officer school 1999
- Awarded Best troop and Best recruit as Deputy Commander Troop in the Norwegian Navy, 2000.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The role of storytelling in art museum experiences. Cumulus Conference Proceedings Series.
- (2015) Teaching product design students how to make everyday things interactive with Arduino. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
- (2012) Mobile health IT: The effect of user interface and form factor on doctor–patient communication. International Journal of Medical Informatics. vol. 81 (1).
- (2011) Doctors’ Concerns of PDAs in the Ward Round Situation: Lessons from a Formative Simulation Study. Methods of Information in Medicine. vol. 50 (2).
- (2011) Designing for the secondary user experience. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 6949 (4).
- (2010) Fidelity Considerations for Simulation-Based Usability Assessments of Mobile ICT for Hospitals. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. vol. 26 (5).
- (2010) Usability testing of mobile ICT for clinical settings: Methodological and practical challenges. International Journal of Medical Informatics. vol. 79 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Designing for Wellbeing with Health Data Tracking – Maintaining the User Perspective in Objective Data. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.
- (2015) Gamification and Family Housework Applications. Entertainment Computing - ICEC 2015 14th International Conference, ICEC 2015, Trondheim, Norway, September 29 - Ocotober 2, 2015, Proceedings.
- (2013) Designing healthcare games and applications for toddlers. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children.
- (2011) Consider the patient when designing mobile point-of-care systems for physicians. Proceedings of the fifth international symposium on Human Factors Engineering in Health Informatics.
- (2011) The NSEP Usability and Design Laboratory. Proceedings of the fifth international symposium on Human Factors Engineering in Health Informatics.
- (2010) A Comparative Evaluation Study of Basic Interaction Techniques for PDAs in Point-Of-Care Situations. 2010 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare - Pervasive Health 2010.
- (2009) Evaluating Mobile Usability: The Role of Fidelity in Full-Scale Laboratory Simulations with Mobile ICT for Hospitals. Human Computer interaction.
- (2009) Session-Aware Clinical Information Systems. Business Process Management Workshops.
- (2009) Patient-Administered Access Control: a Usability Study. Proceedings of the The Forth International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, ARES 2009.
- (2008) Attention and usability issues in mobile health information systems at point-of-care. eHealth Beyond the Horizon – Get IT There - Proceedings of MIE2008 – The XXIst International Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics.
- (2008) Toward a Best Practice for Laboratory-Based Usability Evaluations of Mobile ICT for Hospitals. NordiCHI 2008 - Building Bridges, Proceedings of the 5th Nordic Conference of Human-Computer Interaction.
- (2008) The Contextual Nature of Usability and its Relevance to Medical Informatics. eHealth Beyond the Horizon – Get IT There - Proceedings of MIE2008 – The XXIst International Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics.
- (2006) Interaction Techniques for Using Handhelds and PCs Together in a Clinical Setting. Proceedings of the Fourth Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.