Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Sensing archaeology in the north: The use of non-destructive geophysical and remote sensing methods in archaeology in Scandinavian and North Atlantic territories. Remote Sensing. vol. 12:3102 (18).
- (2020) Mapping the Historical Shipwreck Figaro in the High Arctic Using Underwater Sensor-Carrying Robots. Remote Sensing. vol. 12 (6).
- (2018) Verdenshavene, et stort museum. Dagens næringsliv.
- (2018) Archaeological use of Synthetic Aperture Sonar on deepwater wreck sites in Skagerrak. Journal of Archaeological Science. vol. 89.
- (2018) Underwater hyperspectral imaging: a new tool for marine archaeology. Applied Optics. vol. 57 (12).
- (2016) A new method for underwater archaeological surveying using sensors and unmanned platforms. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2015) Integrated environmental mapping and monitoring, a methodological approach to optimise knowledge gathering and sampling strategy. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 96 (1-2).
- (2015) Underwater Photogrammetric Mapping of an Intact Standing Steel Wreck with ROV. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).
- (2014) Scientific Operations Combining ROV and AUV in the Trondheim Fjord. Marine Technology Society journal. vol. 48 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Sensor-Carrying Platforms. Polar night marine ecology - life and light in the dead of night.
- (2016) Autonomy in Marine Archaeology. Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Conference on Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology.
- (2014) Managing data from multiple sensors in an interdisciplinary research cruise. Archaeology in the Digital Era, Volume II. e-Papers from the 40th Annual Conference of Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA), Southampton, 26-29 March 2012.
- (2013) Using synthetic aperture sonar in marine archaeological surveys - Some first experiences. OCEANS - Bergen, 2013 MTS/IEEE - Bergen, 10-14 June.
- (2018) Towards Autonomous Operations and Systems in Marine Archaeology. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-3196-4. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (IMT-12).
- (2019) Shipwrecks in the Arctic – knowledge gaps illustrated by a case from Svalbard. ArcticNet Anuual Scientific Meeting 2019 . ArcticNet; Halifax. 2019-12-02 - 2019-12-05.
- (2017) The 'Curious' Robots Searching for the Ocean's Secrets. The Atlantic [Tidsskrift]. 2017-02-23.
- (2016) Arctic shipworm discovery alarms archaeologists. Science [Tidsskrift]. 2016-02-26.
- (2016) Race to save hidden treasures under threat from climate change. New Scientist [Internett]. 2016-06-16.
- (2013) Forskning.no: Skal finne skipsvrakene langs Norskekysten. forskning.no [Internett]. 2013-03-29.