Background and activities
Pasi Aalto is the centre director for NTNU Wood, a cross-disciplinary centre that advances projects, studies and initiatives at NTNU with wood and forests as their primary resource base.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2020) Bringing Reality Back to Virtual Reality - A Collaborative Tool for Multidisciplinary Teams. Proceedings of the NordDesign 2020 conference August 11 – 14, 2020 Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- (2019) Measuring Protocol in coupling tests on wood using the acoustic emission no-destructive technique. Proceedings of the International Conference on Structural Health Assessment of Timber Structures, SHATiS’2019.
- (2016) Phases of intensive design and build workshops in architectural education. Structures and Architecture Beyond their Limits.
- (2019) Teaching Architecture with Wood. Wood Days 2019 . Latvian State Forest et al.; Cēsis. 2019-05-02 - 2019-05-02.
- (2019) Climate-KIC -Wood Construction in Climate Change Mitigation. Forum Wood Building Nordic 2019 . Aalto University; Helsinki. 2019-09-25 - 2019-09-27.
- (2018) Interlinking forest resources with city planning: a data-driven case study. NAF/NAAR Symposium 2018 . Nordisk Arkitekturforskning; Jyväskylä. 2018-05-31 - 2018-06-01.
- (2017) Wood-based Cities. EU Conference on Climate Change 2017, Nordic Pavillion . Climate KIC / Nordic Council of ministers; Bonn. 2017-11-09 - 2017-11-09.
- (2016) Hva kjennetegner norsk samtidsarkitektur i tre?. Den fjerde nasjonale trearkitekturkonferansen . TreFokus, NAL, NTNU, BAS, AHO, NMBU, TreTeknisk, Ark. bed.; AHO, Oslo. 2016-11-16 - 2016-11-16.