Background and activities
Having earned his PhD in Chemical Engineering,he is currently employed as a Researcher and Lecturer at Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU. He worked as a Polymer Scientist in Jotun Antifouling for a short stint. Before joining Jotun in 2017, he was working as a Post Doctoral Researcher in TU Delft and UNESCO-IHE. He graduated with a B.E (Hons) in Chemical Engineering from Jadavpur University, India and was thereafter awarded the Erasmus Mundus Fellowship to do his MSc in Chemical Engineering from NTNU, Norway. Recipient of JBNSTS 2006, DAAD 2009, his research interests include synthesis,characterization and functionalization of nano-particles, development of nanoparticle based hydrological tracers, drug delivery and modelling of nanosytems.
2012 - 2016 PhD in Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Norway
2010 - 2012 MSc in Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Norway
2006 - 2010 B.E (Hons.) in Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India
TKP 4190 Fabrication and Application of Nanomaterials (Spring Semester) 2013-
TKP 4115 Surface and Colloid Chemistry (Spring Semester) 2016-
Awards and Scholarships:
- Best PhD thesis for 2016/2017 at Faculty of Natural Sciences, NTNU.
- NorFab Project Support for work in NTNU Nanolab (2017-ongoing)
- Norges tekniske høgskoles fond for Summer School at iNano PhD School, Århus University (June 2013)
- NorFab Small Project Support for work in NTNU Nanolab (2013-2014)
- Erasmus Mundus Fellowship (2010-2012) for Masters at NTNU, Norway
- DAAD summer internship fellowship (WISE - INTERNSHIPS in SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY and ENGINEERING) for 2009 summer.
- First prize in a Poster Competition, held at the Chemical Engineering Department, NTNU, Norway,(22nd November,2010), poster being entitled “Process Design and Economic Investigation of LPG Production from Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)”
- Dr. Hiralal Roy Smriti Padak (Silver Medal) for securing the highest marks in the fourth year Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Second Semester Examination in the subject “General Knowledge in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering” Viva-voce Examination, 2010.
- First prize in a Poster Competition, held at the Chemical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata (16th January,2010), poster being entitled “Electrodeposition of Aluminium from Organic Solvents in AAO Membranes”
- Medha Samman Award for Best Project for the year 2008, project being entitled “Synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery” at the Jagadish Bose Forum, Kolkata..
- Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) Senior scholarship, 2006-07.
- Medhavi Chatra Puraskar, 2004, for outstanding performance in I.C.S.E from the Governor of West Bengal.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Mapping the volume phase properties of multiresponsive nanogels. NKS Makro Symposium for Young Researchers: Polymers & Soft Matter ; 2018-02-14 - 2018-02-15.
- (2018) Synthesis, characterization and drug loading of multiresponsive p[NIPAm-co-PEGMA] (core)/p[NIPAm-co-AAc] (Shell) nanogels with monodisperse size distributions. Polymers. vol. 10:309 (3).
- (2017) Understanding seed mediated growth and growth kinetics of anisotropic gold nanostructures. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2017 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2017-12-06 - 2017-12-07.
- (2017) WaterTagging: DNA based particles for Water Management. Indo-Norwegian Collaboration Project Workshop . Department of Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University; Kolkata. 2017-12-08 - 2017-12-09.
- (2017) Influence of polymer coating on release of L-dopa from core-shell Fe@Au nanoparticle systems. Colloid and Polymer Science. vol. 295 (2).
- (2017) A robust method to calculate the volume phase transition temperature (VPTT) for hydrogels and hybrids. RSC Advances. vol. 7 (84).
- (2017) The Influence of Differently Shaped Gold Nanoparticles Functionalized with NIPAM-Based Hydrogels on the Release of Cytochrome C. Gels. vol. 3 (4).
- (2017) Shape tunable synthesis of anisotropic gold nanostructures through binary surfactant mixtures. Materials Today Chemistry. vol. 3.
- (2017) DNA-tagged Microparticles for Tracing Water Flows and Travel Times in Natural Systems: The First results from Controlled Laboratory Experiments. AGU Fall Meeting ; New Orleans. 2017-12-11 - 2017-12-15.
- (2017) Modulating the temperature and pH sensitivities of NIPAM based nanogels for environmental applications. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2017 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2017-12-06 - 2017-12-07.
- (2017) Design of DNA based nanoparticles for water management. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2017 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2017-12-06 - 2017-12-07.
- (2017) Synthesis of NIPAm nanogels and L-tartaric acid based zwitterionic amphiphiles. Organisk kjemisk Vintermøte OKV32 . Norsk Kjemisk Selskap - Faggruppe for organisk kjemi; Skeikampen. 2017-01-12 - 2017-01-15.
- (2017) Synthesis of gadolinium oxide nanodisks and gadolinium doped iron oxide nanoparticles for MR contrast agents. Journal of materials chemistry. B. vol. 5 (3).
- (2016) Incorporation of Fe@Au nanoparticles into multiresponsive pNIPAM-AAc colloidal gels modulates drug uptake and release. Colloid and Polymer Science. vol. 294 (12).
- (2016) Gold nanostructures for biomedical applications. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2016 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2016-11-17 - 2016-11-18.
- (2016) Tailoring nanoparticle (NP) properties for Drug Release. NTNU Nanolab Seminar Series . NTNU Nanolab and Timini; 2016-04-15 - 2016-04-15.
- (2016) Controlling the Release of Cyt C and L- Dopa from pNIPAM-AAc Nanogel Based Systems. ICNB 2016 : 18th International Conference on Nanotechnology and Biotechnology . World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology; Melbourne. 2016-02-04 - 2016-02-05.
- (2016) Smart and Multifunctional Core-Shell Nanoparticles (NPs) for Drug Delivery . 2016.
- (2016) L-DOPA-Coated Manganese Oxide Nanoparticles as Dual MRI Contrast Agents and Drug-Delivery Vehicles. Small. vol. 12 (3).
- (2016) Colorimetric assay for detecting ESX-3 secretion system disruption in mycobacteria. EMBO Conference Tuberculosis 2016: Interdisciplinary research on tuberculosis and pathogenic mycobacteria . Institut Pasteur; Paris. 2016-09-19 - 2016-09-23.
- (2016) Tracking the Growth of Anisotropic Gold Nanostructures. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2016 . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2016-11-17 - 2016-11-18.
- (2015) Controlled Release from Nanoparticles (NPs) for Theranostic Applications. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2015 ; 2015-11-11 - 2015-11-11.
- (2015) Controlled Release from Nanoparticles (NPs) for Theranostic applications. INASCON 2015 . INASCON; University of Basel. 2015-08-11 - 2015-08-14.
- (2015) Different shaped Au nanostructures for biomedical applications. INASCON 2015 Oral Presentation . INASCON; University of Basel. 2015-08-11 - 2015-08-14.
- (2015) Tailoring the properties of pNIPAM-AAc nanogels with Fe@Au nanoparticles for drug delivery applications. Oral Presentation: Nano@NTNU Symposium 2015 ; 2015-11-11.
- (2015) Role of Physicochemical and Interfacial Properties on the Binary Coalescence of Crude Oil Drops in Synthetic Produced Water. Energy & Fuels. vol. 29 (2).
- (2015) Controlling the self-assembly and optical properties of gold nanoclusters and gold nanoparticles biomineralized with bovine serum albumin. RSC Advances. vol. 5 (122).
- (2015) L-DOPA-coated manganese oxide nanoparticles as dual MRI contrast agents and potential drug delivery vehicles. Nordic Neuroscience 2015 . Scandinavian Physiological Society; Trondheim. 2015-06-10 - 2015-06-12.
- (2015) Modelling the Swelling-Collapse Behaviour of Nano Systems Showing Phase Transition. Nano@NTNU Symposium 2015 ; 2015-11-11.
- (2014) Ultrasound-assisted transport of nanoparticles across the blood-brain barrier and nanoparticle-mediated silencing of efflux transporters. National Biophysics Conference ; Oslo. 2014-03-06 - 2014-03-07.
- (2014) Nanoparticle uptake and nanoparticle-mediated silencing of efflux transporters in the blood brain barrier. National PhD conference in medical imaging. ; Bergen. 2014-06-17 - 2014-06-18.
- (2014) Forsker Grand Prix – Targeting Drugs Through the Post.
- (2014) Targeting Drugs. Forsker Grand Prix 2014, Trondheim . NTNU and Forskningsdagene; Byscenen, Trondheim. 2014-09-25 - 2014-09-25.
- (2014) Nanogels in targeted drug delivery and hyperthermia treatment. NTNU NanoLab 10 Year Anniversary . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2014-11-10 - 2014-11-11.
- (2014) Synthesis and in vitro cellular interactions of superparamagnetic iron nanoparticles with a crystalline gold shell. Applied Surface Science. vol. 316 (1).
- (2014) Functional Nanomaterials for Theranostic Applications. NTNU NanoLab 10 Year Anniversary . NTNU NanoLab; Trondheim. 2014-11-10 - 2014-11-11.
- (2014) Synthesis of Au nanowires with controlled morphological and structural characteristics. Applied Surface Science. vol. 311.
- (2013) Multifunctional nanoparticles (NPs) for bioimaging. 5th Norwegian PhD Conference in Medical Imaging . Norwegian Research School in Medical Imaging; Tromsø. 2013-10-02 - 2013-10-03.
- (2013) Core Shell Nano-particles (NPs) for Stimuli responsive Targeted Drug delivery. Myfab and NorFab User Meeting 2013 ; 2013-04-17 - 2013-04-18.
- (2013) Shape and Size Controlled Synthesis of Metal Nanostructures. 8th Nanolab usermeeting . NTNU Nanolab; Trondheim. 2013-11-12 - 2013-11-12.
- (2012) Biodegradable Nano-Clusters as drug delivery vehicles. The Future of Drug Delivery Vectors. Lambert Academic Publishing. 2012. ISBN 978-3-659-19302-6.
- (2012) Application of Design of Experiment on Synthesis of Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Particle by Modified Solution Combustion. Advanced Science Letters. vol. 5.
- (2012) Core Shell Nano-particles for Stimuli responsive Targeted Drug delivery. 7th NTNU Nanolab Meeting ; 2012-12-12 - 2012-12-12.
- (2012) The mutual influence of brine and crude oil composition on interfacial properties of crude oil/brine systems. 26th Conference of the European Colloid and Interface Society (ECIS2012) ; Lund. 2012-09-02 - 2012-09-07.