Background and activities
My roots are in Computer Science and more specifically Computer Graphics but I now venture in other exciting areas also.
I enjoy teaching Visual Computing courses and solving problems in 3D Object Retrieval, Biometrics and the Simulation of the Erosion process on Cultural Heritage objects.
Visit the link to the Visual Computing Lab for a lot more information and some nice images!
- TDT4195 - Visual Computing Fundamentals
- DT8123 - Advanced Computing
- TDT4230 - Graphics and Visualization
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Robust 3D Face Reconstruction Using One/Two Facial Images. Journal of Imaging. vol. 7 (9).
- (2021) Cross-time registration of 3D point clouds. Computers & graphics. vol. 99.
- (2021) Partial 3D object retrieval using local binary QUICCI descriptors and dissimilarity tree indexing. Computers & graphics. vol. 100.
- (2020) Image-based Somatotype as a Biometric Trait for Non-Collaborative Person Recognition at a Distance and On-The-Move. Sensors. vol. 20 (12).
- (2020) Fast and accurate GPU accelerated, high resolution 3D registration for robotic 3D reconstruction of compliant Food objects. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. vol. 180.
- (2020) An application independent review of multimodal 3D registration methods. Computers & graphics. vol. 91.
- (2020) An indexing scheme and descriptor for 3D object retrieval based on local shape querying. Computers & graphics. vol. 92.
- (2020) Radial intersection count image: A clutter resistant 3D shape descriptor. Computers & graphics. vol. 91.
- (2019) Effective Descriptors for Human Action Retrieval from 3D Mesh Sequences. International Journal of Image and Graphics. vol. 19 (3).
- (2019) Seismic attribute benchmarking on instantaneous frequency. Geophysics. vol. 84 (3).
- (2018) Looking beyond appearances: Synthetic training data for deep CNNs in re-identification. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 167.
- (2018) Action unit detection in 3D facial videos with application in facial expression retrieval and recognition. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 77.
- (2018) Survey of automated multiple sclerosis lesion segmentation techniques on magnetic resonance imaging. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. vol. 70.
- (2018) Spatially sensitive statistical shape analysis for pedestrian recognition from LIDAR data. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 171.
- (2018) Ensemble of PANORAMA-based convolutional neural networks for 3D model classification and retrieval. Computers & graphics. vol. 71.
- (2018) Unsupervised human action retrieval using salient points in 3D mesh sequences. Multimedia tools and applications.
- (2018) A3Mark: Seismic attribute benchmarking. Geophysics. vol. 83 (1).
- (2017) Part-based 3D object retrieval via multi-label optimization. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 160.
- (2017) Unsupervised spectral mesh segmentation driven by heterogeneous graphs. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. vol. 39 (2).
- (2016) Fractal and multifractal analysis of PET/CT images of metastatic melanoma before and after treatment with ipilimumab. EJNMMI Research. vol. 6 (1).