Background and activities
My roots are in Computer Science and more specifically Computer Graphics but I now venture in other exciting areas also.
I enjoy teaching Visual Computing courses and solving problems in 3D Object Retrieval, Biometrics and the Simulation of the Erosion process on Cultural Heritage objects.
Visit the link to the Visual Computing Lab for a lot more information and some nice images!
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Effective Descriptors for Human Action Retrieval from 3D Mesh Sequences. International Journal of Image and Graphics. vol. 19 (3).
- (2018) Looking beyond appearances: Synthetic training data for deep CNNs in re-identification. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 167.
- (2018) Action unit detection in 3D facial videos with application in facial expression retrieval and recognition. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 77.
- (2018) Survey of automated multiple sclerosis lesion segmentation techniques on magnetic resonance imaging. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. vol. 70.
- (2018) Spatially sensitive statistical shape analysis for pedestrian recognition from LIDAR data. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 171.
- (2018) Ensemble of PANORAMA-based convolutional neural networks for 3D model classification and retrieval. Computers & graphics. vol. 71.
- (2018) Unsupervised human action retrieval using salient points in 3D mesh sequences. Multimedia tools and applications.
- (2018) A3Mark: Seismic attribute benchmarking. Geophysics. vol. 83 (1).
- (2017) Part-based 3D object retrieval via multi-label optimization. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 160.
- (2017) Unsupervised spectral mesh segmentation driven by heterogeneous graphs. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. vol. 39 (2).
- (2016) Fractal and multifractal analysis of PET/CT images of metastatic melanoma before and after treatment with ipilimumab. EJNMMI Research. vol. 6 (1).
- (2016) A robust spatio-temporal scheme for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval. The Visual Computer. vol. 32 (2).
- (2016) A spatio-temporal wavelet-based descriptor for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval and recognition. The Visual Computer.
- (2016) An effective methodology for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval. Pattern Recognition.
- (2016) An effective methodology for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval. Pattern Recognition. vol. 52.
- (2016) SHREC'16 track: partial shape queries for 3D object retrieval. Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, EG 3DOR.
- (2016) On the retrieval of 3D mesh sequences of human actions. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 76 (2).
- (2015) On the use of fingernail images as transient biometric identifiers: Biometric recognition using fingernail images. Machine Vision and Applications. vol. 27 (1).
- (2015) EEG Biometrics: On the use of occipital cortex based features from visual evoked potentials. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2015) A survey on facial expression recognition in 3D video sequences. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 74 (15).