Background and activities
My roots are in Computer Science and more specifically Computer Graphics but I now venture in other exciting areas also.
I enjoy teaching Visual Computing courses and solving problems in 3D Object Retrieval, Biometrics and the Simulation of the Erosion process on Cultural Heritage objects.
Visit the link to the Visual Computing Lab for a lot more information and some nice images!
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Fractal and multifractal analysis of PET/CT images of metastatic melanoma before and after treatment with ipilimumab. EJNMMI Research. vol. 6 (1).
- (2016) A robust spatio-temporal scheme for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval. The Visual Computer. vol. 32 (2).
- (2016) A spatio-temporal wavelet-based descriptor for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval and recognition. The Visual Computer.
- (2016) An effective methodology for dynamic 3D facial expression retrieval. Pattern Recognition. vol. 52.
- (2016) On the retrieval of 3D mesh sequences of human actions. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 76 (2).
- (2015) On the use of fingernail images as transient biometric identifiers: Biometric recognition using fingernail images. Machine Vision and Applications. vol. 27 (1).
- (2015) EEG Biometrics: On the use of occipital cortex based features from visual evoked potentials. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2015) A survey on facial expression recognition in 3D video sequences. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 74 (15).
- (2015) A comprehensive overview of methodologies and performance evaluation frameworks in 3D mesh segmentation. Computer Vision and Image Understanding. vol. 135.
- (2014) Feature fusion for facial landmark detection. Pattern Recognition. vol. 47 (9).
- (2014) Partial matching of 3D cultural heritage objects using panoramic views. Multimedia tools and applications.
- (2014) Pose normalization of 3D models via reflective symmetry on panoramic views. The Visual Computer. vol. 30 (11).
- (2014) A Review on 3D Object Retrieval Methodologies Using a Part-Based Representation. Computer-Aided Design and Applications. vol. 11 (6).
- (2014) UHDB11 database for 3D-2D face recognition. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8333 LNCS.
- (2013) A new user-friendly visual environment for breast MRI data analysis. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 110 (3).
- (2013) 3D Facial Landmark Detection under Large Yaw and Expression Variations. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. vol. 35 (7).
- (2013) 3D object retrieval via range image queries in a bag-of-visual-words context. The Visual Computer. vol. 29 (12).
- (2012) Non-rigid 3D object retrieval using topological information guided by conformal factors. The Visual Computer. vol. 28 (9).
- (2015) EG 3DOR 2015 Eurographics 2015 Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval. Eurographics - European Association for Computer Graphics. 2015. ISBN 978-3-905674-78-1.
Part of book/report
- (2016) A3mark: A publicly available online web service for seismic attribute benchmarking. SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts 2016.