Strategic Research Area
Autonomous Systems is a strategic research area that focuses on:
- Autonomous systems that are able to operate independently of human control in unknown and unstructured environments.
- Autonomous technology that is required for all types of self-controlled systems, including drone aircraft, vehicles, underwater robots, autonomous ships, small satellites, industrial robots, offshore installations, remote sensing facilities, and energy systems.
- Autonomous technology which includes embedded systems, sensors and navigation systems, communication systems, power systems, control algorithms, AI algorithms, cyber security, robotics, etc.
- Autonomous systems that have numerous applications for use in transport, monitoring (e.g. environmental monitoring), navigation, communication, production, services, energy, health and medicine, etc.
- Interdisciplinary research investigating the societal impact of autonomous systems such as robots, algorithms and vehicles.
- Education offerings related to Autonomous systems.