Research at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
The research at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering addresses challenges ranging from basic research—in mathematics, computer science, cybernetics, nano and micro electronics—to global research demands within energy, health and welfare, robust and secure ICT services, and marine and arctic operations.
Our researchers are involved in a wide range of national and international research projects and centres.
Centre of Excellence (SFF)
Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI)
- Centre for Exposed Aquaculture Operations (EXPOSED)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
Centre for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME)
- Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology (NOWITECH)
- The Research Centre on Zero Energy Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Centre)
- Centre for intelligent electricity distribution (CINELDI)
- Norwegian Research Centre for Hydropower Technology (HYTECH)