Studies - Department of Physics
Study programmes - IFY
Would you like to partcipate in...
- Understanding how the world works from the smallest elementary particles to the largest galaxies?
- Developing models for predicting climate change?
- Building instruments for imaging everything from single atoms to blood flow in the heart?
- Designing new materials at the nano-level to meet the demands of a green economy and promote sustainable development?
- Using supercomputers to simulate properties of new materials?
- Educating and motivating the next generation of engineers?
In physics we try to understand and describe the basic mechanisms behind how the world works. The field of study also includes the living parts of the world in the areas of biophysics and medical technology.
Understanding the basic mechanisms gives you the necessary skills to design new measuring instruments, develop new materials with unique properties and build models that can predict climate change.
The studies combine theory, practical projects, and numerical methods to equip you with the tools needed to follow many different career paths in research, education, and sustainable industries.
Programmes with Norwegian language requirements
Contact our student advisors
Peder Kristian Berntsen Brenne Head of Administration+47-73593411 firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Chemistry
Brit Wenche Meland Adviser+47-73596082 email@example.com Department of Physics
Lene Marita Nysæter Student adviser, senior executive officer+47-73559105 firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Physics
Bjørn Fredrik Syvertsen Student advisor, Senior Executive Officer+47-73550860 email@example.com Department of Physics