Course - Geographical infrastructure and information processing - GEOM2430
GEOM2430 - Geographical infrastructure and information processing
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2023/2024
- key concepts of spatial data infrastructures
- setup and use of geographic data services
- geographic databases
- development of web maps
- model driven architecture
- infrastructures for geographical information in Norway and internationally
- describe basic principles for computer networks
- know what is meant by spatial data infrastructures and know how this is organized in Norway and internationally
- have knowledge of current building blocks in such infrastructure
- could create simple web pages with maps
- be able to set up services for geographic data
- be able to present data content from external services on web pages
- be able to discuss technology and concepts for spatial data infrastructures and web technology
- have knowledge of current technology and standards for accessing and publishing geographic information over the internet and have some experience with the application and development of such technology
- ability to use multiple programming tools and programming languages
- understand the importance of digital infrastructure and information flow
- know current challenges in the field
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, problem solving, reflection. Compulsory work requirements: 3-4 assignments. Guidance is conducted both synchronously during practice hours and asynchronously using forums.
The course can be given as a guided self-study if less than 6 students are registered.
- Compulsory assignment
Further on evaluation
Compulsory work requirements must be approved to attend the exam.
Re-sit of exam in August.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Recommended previous knowledge
- IDG2004 Informasjonsstrukturer og databaser
Required previous knowledge
- GEOM1130 Introduksjon til geomatikk
- GEOM1140 Geografiske data
- IDG1011 Front-end web development
Many of these are online and therefore dynamic. Overview is presented in the learning platform and clarified at the start of the semester.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Intermediate course, level II
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"