Programme for Applied Ethics (PAE)
The Programme for Applied Ethics (PAE) at NTNU started in the Autumn of 2001 and during a period of three years has been driven with support from the Research Council of Norway. Since 2004 up to the present, the Programme is funded by NTNU. PAE is managed by an interfaculty Board, three permanent staff and supports one PhD project. The Programme aims to contribute to the development of competence in applied ethics in both research and education. The director of the Programme is Professor May Thorseth.
The programme's goals:
- create professional arenas for competence and arrange annual network meetings and research courses
- initiate research in applied ethics in collaboration with research groups, based on issues from these groups themselves and NTNU's priority areas
- provide professional support to groups that provide education, doctoral training and continuing education in applied ethics
- contribute to discussion of ethical issues related to technology and social responsibility
- participate in and develop relevant national and international networks