Background and activities
- Associate Professor Marine Engineering
- SFI SmartMaritime Power Systems and Fuels WP Manager
- Mathematical Modeling and simulation of machinery systems
- Modelling of physical systems using bond graph methodology
- Thermofluid and thermodynamic systems modeling
- Engineering dynamics and vibration, rotordynamics
- Internal combustion engines, hybrid power plants
- Distributed simulation
- TMR4275 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- TMR4222 Marine Machinery and Maintenance
- TMR4310 Marine Technology - Machinery
- TMR21 Marine mechatronics (3.75 module)
- MTR8400 Modeling and simulation of machinery systems (PhD-course)
- SFI Smart Maritime (SmartMaritime)
- PdH-student Jørgen B Nielsen
- PhD-student Vladimir Krivipolianskij
- PostDoc Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø
- Virtual Prototyping of Marine Systems (ViProMa)
- PhD-student: Stian Skjong
- D2V - Design to Verification of Control Systems for Safe and Energy-Efficient Ships with Hybrid Power Plants
- PhD-student Kevin Koosup Yum
- PhD-student Michel Rejani Miyazaki (co-supervisor)
- LEEDS - Low Energy and Emission Design of Ships
- PhD-student Dig Vijay Singh
- Vessel Power Systems Design Decision Support using advanced Mathematical Modelling analysis
- PhD-student Anna Swider
- Bond graphs in rotordynamics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) A review of waste heat recovery technologies for maritime applications. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 111.
- (2015) Marine Vessel and Power Plant System Simulator. IEEE Access. vol. 3.
- (2015) Soot Investigation on Fish Oil Spray Combustion in a Constant Volume Cell. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Bond graph modelling of a wave energy conversion system with hydraulic power take-off. Renewable Energy. vol. 38 (1).
- (2012) Bond graph modelling of marine power systems. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 18 (2).
- (2011) An inertia-capacitance beam substructure formulation based on the bond graph method with application to rotating beams. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 330 (21).
- (2011) Modeling and Simulation for Design and Testing of Direct Injection Gaseous Fuel Systems for Medium-Speed Engines. SAE technical paper series. vol. 4 (2).
- (2010) Tubular Linear Oscillatory Machine for Drilling Applications. Journal of Electrical Engineering. vol. 10.
- (2009) Rotordynamics and bond graphs: basic models. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 15 (4).
- (2000) A bond graph model library for modelling diesel engine transient performance. Marine Engineering Society in Japan.
- (1999) Modelling and Simulation of Hydraulic Systems Using Bond Graphs and Model Libraries. Summer Computer Simulation Conference : SCSC Proceedings.
- (1998) Application of bond graphs for mathematical modelling and simulation of marine engineering systems: preprint. Transactions.
- (1998) Computer aided modeling and simulation of physical systems using bond graphs and matching software. Simulation Conference at University of Michigan.
- (1998) Integration versus iteration for flow analysis in piping networks. Simulation Technology: Science and art.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Real-Time Marine Vessel and Power Plant Simulation. ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering.
- (2015) Dynamics of a Marine Propulsion System With a Diesel Engine and a Propeller Subject To Waves. Proceedings ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 7: Ocean Engineering.
- (2014) Modelling of LNG fuel systems for simulations of transient operations. Maritime-Port Technology and Development.
- (2014) Lifting Operations for Subsea Installations Using Small Construction Vessels and Active Heave Compensation Systems: A Simulation Approach. ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 1A: Offshore Technology San Francisco, California, USA, June 8–13, 2014.
- (2014) A Bond Graph Approach to Improve the Energy Efficiency of Ships. 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 8B: Ocean Engineering.
- (2014) Bond Graph Modeling of Rotordynamic Systems with a Flexible Shaft Including Shear Correction. 2014 International Conference on Bond Graph Modeling and Simulation - ICBGM'2014.