Background and activities
- Vice Dean of Education Faculty of Engineering Science
- Associate Professor Marine Engineering
- SFI SmartMaritime Power Systems and Fuels WP Manager
- Mathematical Modeling and simulation of machinery systems
- Modelling of physical systems using bond graph methodology
- Thermofluid and thermodynamic systems modeling
- Engineering dynamics and vibration, rotordynamics
- Internal combustion engines and engine auxilliary systems
- Marine Electric Hybrid Power Plants
- Distributed simulations and co-simulation
- TMR4275 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- TMR4222 Marine Machinery and Maintenance
- TMR4310 Marine Technology - Machinery
- TMR21 Marine mechatronics (3.75 module)
- MTR8400 Modeling and simulation of machinery systems (PhD-course)
- SFI Smart Maritime (SmartMaritime)
- PdH-student Jørgen B Nielsen
- PhD-student Vladimir Krivipolianskij
- PhD-student Endre Sandvik (co-superviser)
- PostDoc Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø
- Virtual Prototyping of Marine Systems (ViProMa)
- PhD-student: Stian Skjong
- PostDoc Severin Sadjina
- D2V - Design to Verification of Control Systems for Safe and Energy-Efficient Ships with Hybrid Power Plants
- PhD-student Kevin Koosup Yum
- PhD-student Michel Rejani Miyazaki (co-supervisor)
- PhD-student Børge Rokseth (co-supervisor)
- LEEDS - Low Energy and Emission Design of Ships
- PhD-student Dig Vijay Singh
- Vessel Po
- PhD-student Thorat Laxminarayan (co-supervisor)
- wer Systems Design Decision Support using advanced Mathematical Modelling analysis
- PhD-student Anna Swider (industrial PhD-student)
- Heave compensatin crane modeling and design
- PhD-student Chu Yingguang
- Bond graphs in rotordynamics
- No positions available currently
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Energy conservation and power bonds in co-simulations: non-iterative adaptive step size control and error estimation. Engineering with Computers.
- (2017) Non-angular MPC-based Thrust Allocation Algorithm for Marine Vessels - A Study of Optimal Thruster Commands. IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification. vol. PP (99).
- (2017) An Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Cyclic Transient Loads on a Turbocharged Diesel Engine. Applied Energy. vol. 185 (1).
- (2017) Simulation of a two-stroke diesel engine for propulsion in waves. International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering.
- (2016) Hybrid modeling of strategic loading of a marine hybrid power plant with experimental validation. IEEE Access. vol. 4.
- (2016) Modeling of Generic Offshore Vessel in Crane Operations With Focus on Strong Rigid Body Connections. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. PP (99).
- (2016) A review of waste heat recovery technologies for maritime applications. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 111.
- (2016) Model-based control designs for offshore hydraulic winch systems. Ocean Engineering. vol. 121.
- (2016) The effect of waves on engine-propeller dynamics and propulsion performance of ships. Ocean Engineering. vol. 122.
- (2016) Architecture of model libraries for modelling turbocharged diesel engines. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 22 (6).
- (2015) Marine Vessel and Power Plant System Simulator. IEEE Access. vol. 3.
- (2015) Soot Investigation on Fish Oil Spray Combustion in a Constant Volume Cell. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Bond graph modelling of a wave energy conversion system with hydraulic power take-off. Renewable Energy. vol. 38 (1).
- (2012) Bond graph modelling of marine power systems. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 18 (2).
- (2011) An inertia-capacitance beam substructure formulation based on the bond graph method with application to rotating beams. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 330 (21).
- (2011) Modeling and Simulation for Design and Testing of Direct Injection Gaseous Fuel Systems for Medium-Speed Engines. SAE technical paper series. vol. 4 (2).
- (2010) Tubular Linear Oscillatory Machine for Drilling Applications. Journal of Electrical Engineering. vol. 10.
- (2009) Rotordynamics and bond graphs: basic models. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 15 (4).
- (2000) A bond graph model library for modelling diesel engine transient performance. Marine Engineering Society in Japan.
- (1999) Modelling and Simulation of Hydraulic Systems Using Bond Graphs and Model Libraries. Summer Computer Simulation Conference : SCSC Proceedings.