Background and activities
- Modeling and simulation of machinery systems
- Bond graph modeling methodology
- Thermofluid and thermodynamic systems modeling
- Engineering dynamics and vibration
- Internal combustion engines
- Machinery systems
- TMR4275 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Dynamic Systems (WEB)
- TMR4222 Marine Machinery
- TMR4223 Marine Machinery
- MTR8400 Modeling and simulation of machinery systems I
- Future Energy Efficient Offshore Power Systems ( Siemens/NTNU Partnership ) Start: 2008
- 1 PhD student (position open)
- Energy Efficient All Electric Ship (WEB)
- 2 PhD students (Tom Arne Pedersen, Kristine Bruun)
- Wave energy convertion - hydraulic convertion system modeling
- Dynamic simulation of heave compensation systems for drilling risers
- 1 PhD stuendt (Nils I Grimsmo, partly)
- Bond graphs in rotordynamics
- Dynamics of marine vehicles using bond graph modeling
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Marine Vessel and Power Plant System Simulator. IEEE Access. vol. 3.
- (2015) Soot Investigation on Fish Oil Spray Combustion in a Constant Volume Cell. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. vol. 8 (3).
- (2012) Bond graph modelling of a wave energy conversion system with hydraulic power take-off. Renewable Energy. vol. 38 (1).
- (2012) Bond graph modelling of marine power systems. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 18 (2).
- (2011) An inertia-capacitance beam substructure formulation based on the bond graph method with application to rotating beams. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 330 (21).
- (2011) Modeling and Simulation for Design and Testing of Direct Injection Gaseous Fuel Systems for Medium-Speed Engines. SAE technical paper series. vol. 4 (2).
- (2010) Tubular Linear Oscillatory Machine for Drilling Applications. Journal of Electrical Engineering. vol. 10.
- (2009) Rotordynamics and bond graphs: basic models. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 15 (4).
- (2000) A bond graph model library for modelling diesel engine transient performance. Marine Engineering Society in Japan.
- (1999) Modelling and Simulation of Hydraulic Systems Using Bond Graphs and Model Libraries. Summer Computer Simulation Conference : SCSC Proceedings.
- (1998) Application of bond graphs for mathematical modelling and simulation of marine engineering systems: preprint. Transactions.
- (1998) Computer aided modeling and simulation of physical systems using bond graphs and matching software. Simulation Conference at University of Michigan.
- (1998) Integration versus iteration for flow analysis in piping networks. Simulation Technology: Science and art.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Modelling of LNG fuel systems for simulations of transient operations. Maritime-Port Technology and Development.
- (2014) Lifting Operations for Subsea Installations Using Small Construction Vessels and Active Heave Compensation Systems: A Simulation Approach. ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 1A: Offshore Technology San Francisco, California, USA, June 8–13, 2014.
- (2014) A Bond Graph Approach to Improve the Energy Efficiency of Ships. 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 8B: Ocean Engineering.
- (2014) Bond Graph Modeling of Rotordynamic Systems with a Flexible Shaft Including Shear Correction. 2014 International Conference on Bond Graph Modeling and Simulation - ICBGM'2014.
- (2014) SHAFT RESPONSE AS A PROPULSION MACHINERY DESIGN LOAD. ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 10: Polar and Arctic Science and Technology San Francisco, California, USA, June 8–13, 2014.
- (2014) A Bond Graph Approach for Modelling of Robot Manipulators. 2014 International Conference on Bond Graph Modeling and Simulation - ICBGM'2014.
- (2014) Modeling Hydraulic Winch System. 2014 International Conference on Bond Graph Modeling and Simulation - ICBGM'2014.