Background and activities
Gro Rødne is associate professor at the Department of Architectural Design, Form and Colour at the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Arts, NTNU and Project Manager of TRANSark: http://www.ntnu.edu/transark
She graduated as architect form the Faculty of Architecture at the Norwegian Technical University (NTH) in 1993 and continued two years at the Academy of Fine Arts.
Gro is founder, partner and member of the board at Agraff Architects: http://agraff.no and started her work as an Associate Professor the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Arts in 2004.
Key experience and field of interest: The interface between architecture, art and landscape. Architecture education and PBL problem based learning.
Gro has been course coordinator for the first year at the Master program in Architecture for six years and has now a master course called “Making is Thinking”. The course focus on the "hands-on" experiences, in the overlap between artistic- and architectural methods..
The main focus in her research work to understand and develop skills connecting the body and mind. On basis of the experience both from full scale works in the first year and the master course, she is developing the work package “Making is Thinking” as a part of TRANSark.
“Making is Thinking” seeks to investigate the transformative aspects the students experience through this direct learning by making.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The Power of Experiment - Book chapter. Gro Rødne, Johanna Gullberg, "Forms for Sharing: Making is Thinking Meets The Power Of Experiment" in Alberto Altés, Ana Jara, Lucinda Correia (eds), The Power of Experiment, Edition Artéria - Humanizing Architecture, Lisbon: 2017, pp. 170-187. 2017. ISBN 978-989-20-7062-9.
- (2014) TRANSark Publication - Book 0. 2014. ISBN 978-82-7551-106-3.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Transformative Learning in Architectural Education: Re-Thinking Architecture and the Education of Architecture. Threshold Concepts in Practice.
- (2011) Møte med hammer og sag - fullskalabygging med tre. ARKITEKTUR I HUNDRE - Arkitektutdanningen i Trondheim 1910 - 2010.
- (2006) Forbedret læringsmiljø for NTNU i tocampusløsningen mot 2020. 2006.