Postal addressDepartment of Natural History Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Gunnar AustrheimCurrent projects
How to manage dynamic landscapes? (DYLAN). Towards a new framework for the management of cultural and natural heritage in upland Landscape Conservation Areas (LCA) in
Long-term ecological effects of sheep grazing in alpine ecosystems and its integration with management. Norwegian Research Council, program ”Environment2015”. (leader Atle Mysterud, UIO).
Towards sustainable management of moose,
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Low intensities of red deer browsing constrain rowan growth in mature boreal forests of western Norway. Ecoscience. volum 20 (3).
- (2014) Quantification of past plant abundances based on the R-value model – exemplified by an impact assessment of pre-historic iron production and summer farming in Budalen, central Norway. The Holocene.
- (2013) Bærekraftig sauebeiting: hvilke beitetrykk tåler naturen?. Frødi. volum 18 (2).
- (2013) Co-variation between plant above-ground biomass and phenology in sub-alpine grasslands. Applied Vegetation Science. volum 16 (2).
- (2013) Local temperatures inferred from plant communities suggest strong spatial buffering of climate warming across Northern Europe. Global Change Biology. volum 19 (5).
- (2013) Differences in the quality of seepage water and runoff caused by plant community and grazing at an Alpine site in Hol, southern Norway. Water, Air and Soil Pollution. volum 224 (9).
- (2013) Temporal variation in density dependent body growth of a large herbivore. Oikos. volum 122 (3).
- (2013) Browsing of sallow (Salix caprea L.) and rowan (Sorbus aucuparia L.) in the context of life history strategies: a literature review. European Journal of Forest Research. volum 132 (3).
- (2013) The Response of Alpine Salix Shrubs to Long-Term Browsing Varies with Elevation and Herbivore Density. Arctic, Antarctic and Alpine research. volum 45 (4).
- (2013) Regional-scale alteration of clear-cut forest regeneration caused by moose browsing. Forest Ecology and Management. volum 289.
- (2013) The response of plant diversity to grazing varies along an elevational gradient. Journal of Ecology. volum 101 (5).
- (2012) Effects of Sheep Grazing on Availability and Leaching of Soil Nitrogen in Low-Alpine Grasslands. Arctic, Antarctic and Alpine research. volum 44 (1).
- (2012) Age class, density and temporal effects on diet composition of sheep in an alpine ecosystem. Basic and Applied Ecology. volum 13 (5).
- (2012) Experimental evidence of density dependent activity pattern of a large herbivore in an alpine ecosystem. Oikos. volum 121 (9).
- (2012) Long-term land-use and landscape dynamics in Budalen, central Norway. International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management. volum 8 (4).
- (2012) Natural and cultural heritage in mountain landscapes: towards an integrated valuation. International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management. volum 8.
- (2012) Elevational advance of alpine plant communities is buffered by herbivory. Journal of Vegetation Science. volum 23 (4).
- (2011) Spatio-temporal variation in large herbivore pressure in Norway during 1949-1999: has decreased grazing by livestock been countered by increased browsing by cervids?. Wildlife Biology. volum 17 (3).
- (2011) Effects of sheep grazing and temporal variability on population dynamics of the clonal herb Geranium sylvaticum in an alpine habitat. Plant Ecology. volum 212 (8).
- (2011) Effects of herbivory on N-cycling and distribution of added 15(NH4+) in N-limited low-alpine grasslands. Plant and Soil. volum 347 (1-2).